30 Day Shred motivation!

Replies

• awenasangster
    awenasangster Posts: 12 Member
    Did Day two today! Had to skip about 2 minutes worth because I was frantically trying to get done before work, but then at work our store delivery came in (and I work alone) so I sure as hell got in the strength training that I missed! Took 3 hours to haul everything about, super tired.

Looking forward to day 3 tomorrow, my muscles are aching today but they feel tighter and the burn is kinda good.

I'm only using 1.6lb (750g) weights right now because I have really tiny wrists that like to get injured. Still seeming to be very effective though!
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Did Day two today! Had to skip about 2 minutes worth because I was frantically trying to get done before work, but then at work our store delivery came in (and I work alone) so I sure as hell got in the strength training that I missed! Took 3 hours to haul everything about, super tired.

Looking forward to day 3 tomorrow, my muscles are aching today but they feel tighter and the burn is kinda good.

I'm only using 1.6lb (750g) weights right now because I have really tiny wrists that like to get injured. Still seeming to be very effective though!

That's awesome! haha. I thought about trying to work out before I go to work......but there is no way I could do this workout at 5 AM. I would still be sweating by the time I got to work at 8 AM.
  • Woop day 8 done! I Remember when I started out being inspired by others who had made it this far, it feels like a small acheivment vment but make sure you are proud of yourselves for sticking with it!

Last time I tried to follow an exercise plan I was doing the couch to 5K 9 week plan and only made it to week 5 as my legs were swelling. I am finding this much less effort and am really determined to make it to the end.

Today went okay, few aches from yesterday after doing the whole routine with my heavier weights but I made sure I got up and did it.

I am trying on wedding dresses this Saturday so that has been my motivation this week, can't stand the thought of being in a changing room with a stranger in my under wear!

Keep going everyone, your all inspiring me x
  • rissaface
    Woop day 8 done! I Remember when I started out being inspired by others who had made it this far, it feels like a small acheivment vment but make sure you are proud of yourselves for sticking with it!

Last time I tried to follow an exercise plan I was doing the couch to 5K 9 week plan and only made it to week 5 as my legs were swelling. I am finding this much less effort and am really determined to make it to the end.

Today went okay, few aches from yesterday after doing the whole routine with my heavier weights but I made sure I got up and did it.

I am trying on wedding dresses this Saturday so that has been my motivation this week, can't stand the thought of being in a changing room with a stranger in my under wear!

Keep going everyone, your all inspiring me x

Awww, how fantastic!!! Congratulations on the wedding, that's always exciting! You are doing so great!

I tried the C25K as well and I think I only got to week 3, then I couldn't push through the shin splints. I was telling my hubby yesterday that after 30 day shred I may try the C25K again or just go straight to kettlebells.......I'm scared to look at Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30.

Yesterday was day 3 of level 2, I was not a happy camper while doing the workout. I was tired and irritated, so I was cussing at Jillian while working out. lol
  • awenasangster
    Well done to everyone who is getting through this eee, YOU ARE ALL AWESOME WELL DONE.

I'm about to do my Day 3 but I decided that I'm going to do the warmup and cooldown twice, I feel like those parts of the workout are slightly rushed and not enough for my muscles. (Also will help me get more flexible when doubled up over a month!)
  • Hi, I'm currently on day 6 of 30DS, seems to be getting very slightly easier on level 1, but maybe I just had a bit more energy this morning. Even though I have to make myself do it, it's a great workout and I love Jillian.

Got some knee pain though, esp when doing the jumping jacks. Has anyone else had injury problems with this work out.

What's everyone's worst bit? I find the first strength section the worst, squat and lifting weights above your head, my arms feel like spaghetti aftewards !
  • mmjust23
    mmjust23 Posts: 6 Member
    Starting in today at my sons naptime or bedtime.... :) Would love to see some results!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    I wanna do this! Where do I find it and I have problems with my knees and my hip. Will this be too much strain?
  • I wanna do this! Where do I find it and I have problems with my knees and my hip. Will this be too much strain?
    It might, be careful when doing the jumping jacks especially. Wear cushioned trainers as well if you can.
  • I wanna do this! Where do I find it and I have problems with my knees and my hip. Will this be too much strain?
    It's availbale on Amazon for £5 by the way, absolute bargain!
  • awenasangster
    Hi, I'm currently on day 6 of 30DS, seems to be getting very slightly easier on level 1, but maybe I just had a bit more energy this morning. Even though I have to make myself do it, it's a great workout and I love Jillian.

Got some knee pain though, esp when doing the jumping jacks. Has anyone else had injury problems with this work out.

What's everyone's worst bit? I find the first strength section the worst, squat and lifting weights above your head, my arms feel like spaghetti aftewards !

My knees hurt a little bit, it's the static lunges that I can't seem to do properly. I would substitute the exercises that are tough on knees (the side and static lunges) with something else. Or perhaps pause the video and just do double the amount but do them slower.

I also found that doubling the warmup and cooldown really helps!
  • rissaface
    I wanna do this! Where do I find it and I have problems with my knees and my hip. Will this be too much strain?

It might be. I would go on Youtube and watch all 3 levels to see if maybe you could find an alternative move for the ones that are too hard on you.
  • Completed level 1 Day 9 today with very little motivation. Got hit by a wave of nausea half way through so had to take a break but I carried on through to the end. Definitely ready to move on now. It does get a bit repetitive after so many days!

I will do my measurements on Sunday as tomorrow will be a rest day due to weekend plans. To be honest I am feeling more toned but am not expecting a weight loss or inch loss this time around.. Maybe even a weight gain!

I watched level 2 this morning in preparation for Monday and I am feeling ready for it. If anyone has ever done Level 1 of the 30 second slim (Josie Gibson) it contains a lot of those plank based moves, squat thrust, walking up downs etc as it's extremely plank based so having done that work out to death I am hoping it has prepared me somewhat for level 2!

Good luck to those who are moving up a level with me this weekend! X
  • MyLittleOwl
    MyLittleOwl Posts: 217 Member
    I just started this yesterday and am getting ready to go into the living room for Day 2. It was great to see all of your stories to keep me motivated!
  • KT193
    KT193 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi Everyone. I just started the 30 day shred and am on day 3 today. Just joined my fitness pal today as well. Hoping to see some good results as I need to lose almost 5 stone (70 pounds) ! Anyone else that has done this or doing this and need to lose this much? I put on almost four stone when I was pregnant and still haven't shifted it 6 years later! Am hoping I can stay motivated to keep doing it, its just so hard when I know it's going to take a long time to shift it.
  • I just started the 30DS this morning. It's a bit shocking to see how much I struggle with some of the most simple moves. I can't wait until I start seeing changes in my endurance! Anyone else just finish Day 1??
  • In 30DS, Jillian incorporates quite a few squats and lunges. She does, however, sell some great low-impact DVDs (which you can find on Amazon.com, Target, gohastings.com). Don't let the term "low-impact" fool you though, Jillian Michaels is always tough! If it's your first time trying workout DVDs, I would recommend Gilad. He starts out nice and slow, and his low-impact are definitely that!
  • Just bought 30 Day shred DVD :) So excited to start! Does anyone else do additional working out or just the dvd for 30 days?
  • KT193
    KT193 Posts: 33 Member
    I am just doing the DVD at the moment. I think it really depends how much weight you are trying to lose. I need to lose a lot so am going to gradually increase the exercise so I can keep losing weight. If you just need to lose a stone or so I would try add a bit more exercise
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Just bought 30 Day shred DVD :) So excited to start! Does anyone else do additional working out or just the dvd for 30 days?

I do the 30 DS dvd, on level 2 but also workout at the gym:smile: