When you up your calories

Options
...How long does it typically take, for the initial weight gain to go away? Does it stay for a few days or a few weeks? ( everyone will be different, but I'm looking for some perspective )

I'm slowly moving from 1200 up to 1600. But I don't want to jump to 1300 today in case I jump up in the scales straight away.

1. So how slowly should I move? 50 cals more a day until I reach 1600? Or as little as 50 cals more a week?
2. How long ( in your personal experience ) does that initial spike that I hear of ( water weight??? ) take to leave?

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Why do the scales matter? Measure yourself and take photos. It's a much better way of monitoring progress.

Scales are lame.
  • lblert
    lblert Posts: 55
    Options
    I upped from 1000 to 1700 by adding 100 a week. Once I got to 1500 I added 100 ever other week. I never saw any weight gain. In fact, my weight loss accelerated once I got in the 1500-1700 range.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Why do the scales matter? Measure yourself and take photos. It's a much better way of monitoring progress.

Scales are lame.

Unfortunately I'm one of those people who cant help but weigh daily. I like to get to grips with the spikes. But I see where your coming from, I'll try to stick to the tape measure as much as possible!