Losing fat in the face

Anyone have experience getting rid of a 'baby face'? I've always had round cheeks (on top of it I have no chin, contributing to my babyface).
I'm not overweight now, 5"9 and 141 lbs although I'd like to get down to 130 lbs.

I know you can't spot reduce, but I'm curious if any of you have managed to get a slimmer face and how low you had to go to get there.

Sometimes I see pictures of models when they were younger and their faces were much chubbier before, whereas they have strong features now. However I'm not sure if that is due to them slimming down, getting older or cosmetic surgery. I'm 23 now so I feel like I shouldn't have 'puppy fat' in the face anymore.

Replies

• amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    When I gained weight, my face was the first thing I noticed as getting chubbier. Now that I am losing, I can tell its getting smaller. I am a much heavier weight than you so I don't know. But its certainly possible with weight loss, your face will slim down too.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    When I gained weight, my face was the first thing I noticed as getting chubbier. Now that I am losing, I can tell its getting smaller. I am a much heavier weight than you so I don't know. But its certainly possible with weight loss, your face will slim down too.

Same as me. A couple months ago, I was at the hair salon. I couldn't stop staring at myself. I see a big change in my face and neck. I hadn't even realized I'd gained weight there until the very end. And it seems like that was the first thing to go for me.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Yup, your features look more chizzled when you are thin. My face is the first place I notice weight loss. Hopefully, I will notice it again.

This was me when I was thin.

beauty1.jpg

paolaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    I know you can't spot reduce, but I'm curious if any of you have managed to get a slimmer face and how low you had to go to get there

If you know this, why are you asking? Lol
  • I have always had chubby cheeks - even when I was underweight and wearing size 00. I'm 36 and still have them. I see it as a blessing now that I'm older, because it keeps me looking young . Round cheeks are youthful looking. It's why women get fillers injected into their cheeks as they age - it gives them a more youthful appearance.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    I know you can't spot reduce, but I'm curious if any of you have managed to get a slimmer face and how low you had to go to get there

If you know this, why are you asking? Lol

"Lol"? Are you 10?

Because obviously I want to know if some people had to get down to a really low weight before they saw a difference.

I'm not overweight at the moment, but I am not sure if I will lose the chubby cheeks going down to a lower weight or if they will stick. It seems as though for some people the fat on the face is the last to go.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    I have always had chubby cheeks - even when I was underweight and wearing size 00. I'm 36 and still have them. I see it as a blessing now that I'm older, because it keeps me looking young . Round cheeks are youthful looking. It's why women get fillers injected into their cheeks as they age - it gives them a more youthful appearance.

Yeah, I've heard that too, but you want to enjoy your looks at 23 and not think "well this will be good sometime 10 years from now...".
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Anyone have experience getting rid of a 'baby face'? I've always had round cheeks (on top of it I have no chin, contributing to my babyface).
    I'm not overweight now, 5"9 and 141 lbs although I'd like to get down to 130 lbs.

I know you can't spot reduce, but I'm curious if any of you have managed to get a slimmer face and how low you had to go to get there.

Sometimes I see pictures of models when they were younger and their faces were much chubbier before, whereas they have strong features now. However I'm not sure if that is due to them slimming down, getting older or cosmetic surgery. I'm 23 now so I feel like I shouldn't have 'puppy fat' in the face anymore.

I hate to be the voice of dissent, but your weight is pretty low for your height right now. You might notice a difference with those 10 pounds, but probably not.

On the up note, having round cheeks keeps you looking younger as you get older. Your face might also shift with age. Mine has gotten a bit less round with age, even at the same weights.