Any newbies ready to get started with Phase 1?

13»

Replies

• Oh, and Running Man is a b****. Already dreading the cardio this evening :)

The Running Man is the worst! Way worse than the suicides.

I have not done this program before but with her other DVDs I always just moved on. There are some moves I always have issues with, especially things like push ups. You could just try 3 and 4 and go back to 1 and 2 at the end of the week but I personally always just move on in her programs.

Thanks Kris! I did that as well with RI30 and it turned out (sorta) ok :).
  • svesemenja
    svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
    There are some moves I always have issues with, especially things like push ups. You could just try 3 and 4 and go back to 1 and 2 at the end of the week but I personally always just move on in her programs.

i did 30DS too few months ago, before i fell of wagon. but this time i decided to go through with BR as it is planned and then when i finish it i think i will redo it with harder moves. thats my plan.

So today as i was working out, i figure out that these are the last 2 days of workouts 1 and 2. yay for me! i will take photos and do measurements on sunday. i felt so happy and scared how next workouts will be..
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Hi guys! How you all doing?

Just finished workout 1 for the second time. It was fractionally easier :). Question for those farther along---if, at the end of the first 2 weeks I am not happy with my mastery of the moves, should I advance to discs 3 and 4, or stay on 1 and 2? Any advice appreciated.

Oh, and Running Man is a b****. Already dreading the cardio this evening :)

Looks like we're on the same schedule.

Running man and suicides are my shortcomings. My leg muscles are screaming at me right now, especially since I rode my bike home from work. Back to School night for my 9th grader in a few then I'll come home and hit the gym for my second cardio of the day. I don't do Cardio 1 for my second workout. It would bore me to tears since I've already done a round of JMBR. I'll do intervals on the elliptical for 30 minutes instead.

I think you should move on to workouts 3 & 4 so that you keep momentum. You'll get stronger along the way.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Trying to stay at 1200 calories a day is rough for me! Last night I was so hungry.

in my first week i eat 1200 cal and very little from exercise cal back. So this week I am experimenting and eating my TDEE-20% and no exercise cal. I think i already see the difference because in the first week i was very exhausted and as soon as i lay in bed i fell asleep. will see

I did -20% TDEE last time around and it worked well. I'm trying to "shock my system" with the kickstart plan 1200 cals this week.

• Looks like we're on the same schedule.

Running man and suicides are my shortcomings. My leg muscles are screaming at me right now, especially since I rode my bike home from work. Back to School night for my 9th grader in a few then I'll come home and hit the gym for my second cardio of the day. I don't do Cardio 1 for my second workout. It would bore me to tears since I've already done a round of JMBR. I'll do intervals on the elliptical for 30 minutes instead.

I think you should move on to workouts 3 & 4 so that you keep momentum. You'll get stronger along the way.

Haha, I thought I was doing so much better last night until I noticed I was doing the move more like cross country skiing. Fail. How's cardio 2? Maybe I can swap that out instead. 2nd round, huh? So the first round is survivable?;)

I have a 10th grader. She won't even let me GO to back to school night.
  • svesemenja
    how is everyone doing?

Last night I felt little bit discouraged, didnt have any reason to, but I managed to push myself to do the exercise. It was latter than usual time, around midnight. but as soon i I turn on the video and started exercising I felt so much better. I cant wait for the today's exercise, and week 1 and 2 are done. yay!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    So happy not to see Jillian today! Week one done and down 1.8 lbs. Probably could have made it to two lbs even but went out to eat twice this weekend and went over one day on my calories.

This week was fairly easy since there were no combo moves but I know what is coming so I am just going to try this next week.

Hope everyone had a good week! Back at it tomorrow!
  • svesemenja
    new week, new challenges... this week i started week 3, and it kicked my butt... i managed to do it all, but my arms are burning..
    i measured myself yesterday, lost around 10 cm in total, mostly around my hips and belly. my thighs didnt change but i feel that they are stronger. i didnt weight myself ill do it after i finish phase 1.

how is everyone else doing?
  • Day1 of week 2, I feel like I've accomplished something just by being consistent. Now I really need to work on cleaning up my eating.

I really, really hate cardio 1. I was considering swapping in 30 day shred on cardio days. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Do you think it would be detrimental to the BR lifting schedule? Thanks.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member

I really, really hate cardio 1. I was considering swapping in 30 day shred on cardio days. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Do you think it would be detrimental to the BR lifting schedule? Thanks.
    [/quote

I am by no means an expert but I would probably switch it for another cardio DVD. You do not get much cardio during the other workouts. I plan on running on cardio days mostly. That cardio DVD seems to be a common complaint in the reviews of the program. It seems like many people opt for something else.
  • Thanks! Maybe I'll dust off my Turbo Jam. At least the music's pretty good.
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    I started week 3 yesterday and I really like workout 3.
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Thanks! Maybe I'll dust off my Turbo Jam. At least the music's pretty good.

I done Turbo Jam instead of the cardio workout too.
  • I did it this morning! Glad to hear you liked workout 3. I'm really ready to be done with 1 and 2. Once more each...