T25

Replies

• I did day 1 this morning and it's intense! I loved it though- it was over really quickly but i was sweating loads.

I was wondering has anybody been doing this who has had knee surgery? I'm trying to convince my mom to join in but she has had 3 surgeries and uses this as a bit of an excuse so I thinking if i could get her to try the low impact alternatives unless it's too much impact...
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    I did day 1 this morning and it's intense! I loved it though- it was over really quickly but i was sweating loads.

I was wondering has anybody been doing this who has had knee surgery? I'm trying to convince my mom to join in but she has had 3 surgeries and uses this as a bit of an excuse so I thinking if i could get her to try the low impact alternatives unless it's too much impact...

I had just finished up physical therapy for 3 partially torn ligaments in my knee about 2 weeks prior to starting T25. I did not have surgery so mine was not severe but I have not had problems with these workouts, and if I do I could always do the modified moves. Maybe she could give it a try following Tania (modifier). I would also suggest checking with her dr to see what they think. Good luck to you!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Ok ladies we made it to week 5 (or whatever week you are on). Mondays always feel great after the weekend getting back into it. Today was especially nice because I did not have to get up to an alarm clock and I don't have to get ready to go to work now :) Love long weekends!

I can't believe how far we have come, final week of Alpha! I am ready to get into Beta next week and some new moves. How are you guys all doing today?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    i love beta except core cardio! too many lunges and my knees throb after.... otherwise i love all the other workouts...
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    I've just finished he 1st month and if I'm honest, it's been really underwhelming.
    I did Insanity twice and the Asylum and loved them.
    But T25 just doesn't seem to be doing it for me.
    I'm in 2 minds about whether to see it out or just jack it now.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    well beta does change things up and included weights but if you are not challenged with alpha then beta isn't going to be much of a difference. it is different but i find about the same for challenge..
  • BigDougie1211
    I hate the thoughts of cutting it out early though.
    Thinking of maybe doubling up every day... 1 in the am before work and 1 pm before bed
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Just read through this thread (mostly because I'm avoiding going out for my run so I'm easily distracted). You all are doing awesome! Congrats on getting through the Alpha stage and I love the support & motivation you're giving each other.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Yay week 5! I, too, took advantage of sleeping in, and worked out at 8am instead of 5:30. GLORIOUS.

However, I had a couple beers with dinner last night, and I could *really* feel them during my workout this morning. I felt so sluggish the whole time. At least my calorie burn was a bit higher for Total Body than it was last week (I was back up to the 340's).

I'm "over" these Alpha workouts, not because I've mastered them, but because I need change to keep me interested. Here's hoping the last week of alpha kicks my *kitten*, and that we have a blast next week with new workouts!
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    I did day 1 of 60 of Focus T25 - Cardio just now. Wow that is some sweat! I look forward to the next 60 days and so glad I decided to go with T25 so I can continue lifting and walking and not feel like I have enough time to add something else due to family/work. I hate warm ups/cool downs so this is perfect for me. I actually did do the cool down because it is also balance work and that is what I had trouble on. I'm a walker.

I hit a plateau about 5 weeks ago after losing 40lbs. Hopefully adding this gives me some results.

I live in an apartment and don't want my downstairs neighbor to complain as 235lbs bounce up and down for 25 minutes so I wore sock ( no shoes) on hardwood floors and hope that I don't have any issues.

My body media Fit only gave me credit for 260 calories which is equivalent to my 16 min/mile walk of 2 miles. I guess it is underestimating but whatever...

Have a great week everyone!
  • are822
    are822 Posts: 46 Member
    Thinking of maybe doubling up every day... 1 in the am before work and 1 pm before bed

I can see where you're coming from. I double up T25 with my normal workouts to keep things interesting. It's challenging for me, but I love my classes and the gym and couldn't imagine dropping them so I just do both. I would try doubling up and see how that goes. I tend to do that 2-3 times a week and the second of the workouts definitely is tough to get through.
  • are822
    I did day 1 of 60 of Focus T25 - Cardio just now. Wow that is some sweat! I look forward to the next 60 days and so glad I decided to go with T25 so I can continue lifting and walking and not feel like I have enough time to add something else due to family/work. I hate warm ups/cool downs so this is perfect for me. I actually did do the cool down because it is also balance work and that is what I had trouble on. I'm a walker.

I hit a plateau about 5 weeks ago after losing 40lbs. Hopefully adding this gives me some results.

I live in an apartment and don't want my downstairs neighbor to complain as 235lbs bounce up and down for 25 minutes so I wore sock ( no shoes) on hardwood floors and hope that I don't have any issues.

My body media Fit only gave me credit for 260 calories which is equivalent to my 16 min/mile walk of 2 miles. I guess it is underestimating but whatever...

Have a great week everyone!

GREAT JOB!! I actually started doing all of the workouts without shoes a couple of days ago and am finding that they are so much more comfortable. My range of motion and stability is better and it certainly is quieter for the poor souls on the floor below us! lol
  • are822
    Yay week 5! I, too, took advantage of sleeping in, and worked out at 8am instead of 5:30. GLORIOUS.

However, I had a couple beers with dinner last night, and I could *really* feel them during my workout this morning. I felt so sluggish the whole time. At least my calorie burn was a bit higher for Total Body than it was last week (I was back up to the 340's).

I'm "over" these Alpha workouts, not because I've mastered them, but because I need change to keep me interested. Here's hoping the last week of alpha kicks my *kitten*, and that we have a blast next week with new workouts!

Enjoy the last week of Alpha and don't worry, Beta is AWESOME! I've done three of the workouts in two days just because I liked them so much.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    I did Day 1 today, although I actually started with stretch on Sunday, today was cardio. It was a tough workout, I have a bad foot in the middle of what I call a flare-up (it doesn't hurt for a long time, then out of the blue it starts hurting for days, goes away mysteriously for God only knows how long, then mysteriously returns....) anyway, because of the flare-up, I followed the modifier girl. It was still a fairly intense workout.

After it was done I did another hour of mostly moderate cardio, went to work, came home and walked 5 miles. I think this T25 workout will be a good way to add strength training and variety back into my routine... but I don't plan to make it the only workout I do.
  • BigDougie1211

I can see where you're coming from. I double up T25 with my normal workouts to keep things interesting. It's challenging for me, but I love my classes and the gym and couldn't imagine dropping them so I just do both. I would try doubling up and see how that goes. I tend to do that 2-3 times a week and the second of the workouts definitely is tough to get through.

I think that's probably the way for me to go.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Wek 5 Day 2 - Abs Done - I had a really hard time getting out of bed this morning after the long weekend so I was happy that today was ab work. Three more workouts this week then on to Beta!! I am so excited!
  • rockinjennydee
    rockinjennydee Posts: 49 Member
    I absolutely LOVE the program! I'm on week 3 and already feel myself getting stronger each and every day!
  • BigDougie1211
    Wek 5 Day 2 - Abs Done - I had a really hard time getting out of bed this morning after the long weekend so I was happy that today was ab work. Three more workouts this week then on to Beta!! I am so excited!

You're exactly where I am.
  • Tammy_Christopher

You're exactly where I am.

I'm loving it but I am ready for some new moves, so I'm really looking forward to starting Beta!
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Waking up to an alarm is rough after a long weekend! But Abs are done, and I'm with all of you in looking forward to starting Beta next week.