Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Replies

• Lass70
    Lass70 Posts: 18 Member
    I have completed Insanity. I didn't lose as many pounds as I would have liked (only 7), HOWEVER I lost 14 inches all over!!! Totally worth it! And Sean T is nice to look at too! LOL

I'd take 14 inches, over more pounds any day! Great job!
  • itsi_itss
    itsi_itss Posts: 8
    Hi all!! I'm starting insanity today.Its good to see so many people already doing it.
    I'm not a fit person but i'll check in with you guys regularly to keep myself motivated!! love
  • wpatters
    wpatters Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone,

I started week 1 on Sunday and on day 2 today and HOLY COW, amazing at the results in just three d ays. My body is sore however a GREAT sore. I am looking to get toned and increase my endurance for running. This workout is worth every penny and I will complete the full 60 days, with a bit of running in between. Enjoy everyone and keep up the GREAT work.

Cheers,

W <3
  • thomasjn100388
    thomasjn100388 Posts: 1 Member
    I've started my 3rd round of Insanity recently and I blog about it here: http://www.aboutinsanity.com/insanity-challenge/ in hopes of helping others achieve success with Insanity. My first round I lost about 7lbs but the real result was in the toning, muscle building and stamina I saw. Clothes fit better and it's easier to sleep at night and wake up to tackle the day. I am completely obsessed with Insanity. If you give it your all there is no way you won't see results!
  • libelluler
    libelluler Posts: 31 Member
    I didn't lose as much as I wanted, but I have to say my results were amazing in how they changed my body, toned me, and my cardio was so much better. I blogged about it - check it out. http://www.cookefamily.us/2013/06/24/getting-healthy-yes-i-am-insane-final-results/
  • My husband and I started Insanity last Monday, so we start Week 2 tomorrow! We love it!!! I find it much easier working out with my husband as he keeps me accountable. He is definitely more athletic than myself and as this is a ladies forum, after having my second child within this past year sometimes I pee my pants from the plyo it is so intense! Haha, I can thank my two boys for using my bladder as a punching bag while in utero! LOL

I am enjoying it! We are not following the meal plan to a T, but pretty darn close, we eat most of the suggested meals anyway so the odd day may be off, but it is safe to say we are eating healthy and getting lots of protein! I know with this workout and most of the Beachbody programs diet is 80% of the battle!

I have lost 3 LBs since last Monday and am thrilled, I am trying to lose my last 15 so I am hoping this helps. I am focusing on dress size though as a program this intense is bound to gain muscle. I have a pair of jeans I plan to try on every so often to check in on my progress....they were pre babies!

Good luck yall! Feel free to add me if you want!

Dig deep and push play!
  • I am on day 3 right now and loving it! I've always been a fan of the elliptical and treadmill but this is actually really fun (and challenging, of course....) I can't keep up with the push ups AT ALL but cannot wait to see myself improve
  • Victoriadalziel
    Victoriadalziel Posts: 2 Member
    I have only been on the program for 2 weeks now, but my life has completely done a 180 change in just those two weeks!! I recently became fascinated with nutrition and the science behind fueling our body with what it needs (not what we want or think it needs). So fascinated in fact I am now furthering my education and getting another degree in nutrition! With that said, I decided it was time to take it to the next level and add in an exercise routine that would give me the results eating right alone would not give me. Enter Insanity. I have been so overwhelmingly impressed with this product that I became a beach body coach and am now on my way to improving not just my own life but the lives of others as well and I love it! If you have and questions or are looking for some advice, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Bottom line, I recommend any program from beach body, and I am more than happy to go over pros and cons of these programs with you! You will not be disappointed in any of them! Just look at all the inspirational stories of the people who have completed them, the results don't lie!! Good luck!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Hey! I am not a Lady....but I can offer some tips about the Insanity Workout program.
    Someone had commented that you burn about 2000 calories doing a insanity workout....this is about true....As a man I burn probably 1500-1800 calories per insanity workout...so for women its going to be a little less...like 1200-1400....

Uh, as a woman who has tracked those workouts with a monitor, this isn't true at all. I burn a max of about 500 calories for the hardest workouts lasting about an hour. Never even came close to burning 1200-1400 calories in one workout from Insanity. Maybe when I got for a six mile run, but definitely not Insanity..

Better way to get an idea of caloric burn: Buy a heart rate monitor. Otherwise you'll end up waaaaay overestimating.
  • My Boyfriend and I started Insanity almost 3 weeks ago and I totally love it and totally hate it! LOL! It is really hard!

I decided to start insanity because I looked in the mirror 3 weeks ago and did NOT like what I saw. I am 32( 33 is around right around the corner) 5"5 and 148 lbs. I had literally been pile driving desserts into my mouth day after day for the last 4 months( I LOVE dessert) and I literally hit rock bottom 3 weeks ago. I had a serious melt down. I have always been in pretty good shape and never went above 135 lbs so an 13 extra pounds within the last 4 months is a lot of extra weight. Enter Insanity into my life. I wanted to do something that was not only going to help me lose weight but to reshape my body and tone it. My goal is not to be a stick figure. I still want my curves, I just don't want any wobbly bits along with those curves. LOL! I want to feel healthy. The last 3 weeks have been torture while doing Insanity, After the 1st workout I wanted to give up. What helped me was reading people's blogs on here and seeing how if they can do it I could do it. This weight did not just pack on here in a day, so they are not going to come off in a day. I have not weighed myself since the intial day and do not plan on weighing myself. I am going by how my skinny jeans fit. I can tell you this, in 3 weeks I have already lost some weight and my body is already toning up. My skinny jeans that were SUPER tight are now baggy in the butt area. I notice my legs toning up the most so far and my butt becoming more lifted and firm. The belly is unfortunately the last to go. I am looking forward to seeing how my little pooch is going to start disappearing in the next 45 days. I now look forward to my workouts everyday partly because I have my boyfriend doing it with me. He has already lost like 10 lbs!( not that he has much to lose) Men lose it so much faster than us. So not fair! I can say this, if he had not been doing this with me I probably would have given up already. Just having him work out next to me and sweat with me makes me want to work 10 times harder. We are all on this journey together. Trust me, If my lazy butt can do this y"all can too! I look forward to posting my 30 day results and then my 60 day. Good Luck to you all!
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Just started month 2 on Monday. It's killing me. This is my before and during (week 4) pictures. Sorry for the undies and my face/hair. My thighs and arms are much more muscley. My main sticking bit is my inner thighs, hips and abs. Still a lot of fat there. Hopefully month 2 will blast that off!

30ee60da-4819-4596-a17b-9b7098f1ecbe.jpg

Amazing results so far! I start next week..sooo looking forward to this added challenge. ok and a little scared sh*itless
  • Hello!
    I have never added to a blog like this before, but I am hoping it keeps me going! I have restarted Insanity for the second time (I got sick during the first round I began in April :( ) and am so hopeful that this time I stick with it and see the toned results I am looking for...

I am going to use the reward system at the end of this which should be the second week of October... I will allow myself to go buy a piece of jewelry, get a small tattoo, or go clothes shopping... I have a shopping obsession, so this is my best way to stay motivated...

I am done with week one, and with teaching beginning next week, it will get a bit more tough to have the energy to get through Shaun T's workouts everyday... As i already run, I am just hoping to fit in my favorite skinny jeans and look amazing this fall!

Good luck to everyone! Your blogs give me inspiration and keeps me going to achieve my goal! :)
  • I've used my Insanity DVDs sporadically since getting them a few years back. This week I committed to going through the full fitness program which is something I haven't done with any workout series I bought. I don't plan on following the nutritional plan other than to eat clean.

Week 1 is over and I feel great. My calves are killing me :) it's definitely a great, challenging workout.

I add protein to Gatorade as my workout drink and press play. I'm looking forward to seeing results and increasing my fitness level.
  • Hey! I am not a Lady....but I can offer some tips about the Insanity Workout program.
    Someone had commented that you burn about 2000 calories doing a insanity workout....this is about true....As a man I burn probably 1500-1800 calories per insanity workout...so for women its going to be a little less...like 1200-1400....

Uh, as a woman who has tracked those workouts with a monitor, this isn't true at all. I burn a max of about 500 calories for the hardest workouts lasting about an hour. Never even came close to burning 1200-1400 calories in one workout from Insanity. Maybe when I got for a six mile run, but definitely not Insanity..

Better way to get an idea of caloric burn: Buy a heart rate monitor. Otherwise you'll end up waaaaay overestimating.

This..

I have a monitor and in month one i burned on average 350 calories per workout at 5'6 and 184lbs. Yesterday was my first MAX workout and i burned 615 calories. I think saying 1000 calories burned per workout is really unrealistic and may end in overeating for those who eat back their exercise calories. You DO NOT want to be eating back an extra 1000 calories you didnt burn.

I started month 2 yesterday and my body is back to being sore..so far legs are okay but my arms got a whole new workout yesterday. Ive only lost 2 pounds but my fitness is way up and i can see the definition in my abs and arms. These flabby thighs are gonna take a while.

PS. Friend me, im gonna need the motivation this month for sure :)
  • cescadixon18
    cescadixon18 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm about to start week 4 tomorrow with my husband, prior to starting we went to the gym 4-5 times a week. We thought this might be a good change, we have both noticed some toning and clothes being looser but no really weight loss & we really miss cardio and weights in the gym so we actually went today!

I'm a bit disheartened, but a lot of people seem to say the second month has more results, and maybe cause we are already fit the first month didn't have more affect than the gym - any feedback or are we going wrong?

I've lost nearly 3 stone since this time last year, with diet & exercise, but I have 1 stone to go that I just can't get rid of any advice welcome!
  • ejherndon727
    ejherndon727 Posts: 4 Member
    I am on day 2 of insanity.. I have to say, I made it 1/2 way before I crumbled to the floor... I will continue to push myself everyday to do a little more, but has anyone else struggled getting through an entire workout in the beginning? I hope I am not alone!!
  • getabsbysummer
    getabsbysummer Posts: 19 Member
    Ok I know I'm throwing my two-cents in here just like everyone else...

I'm on my Day 4 of Month 2 (holy mother of God I never thought I would get this far), and the program is phenomenal (cardio-wise).

As far as the caloric burn of the workouts depends ENTIRELY ON YOU!!!! Height, current weight, current cardio condition, and the heart rate you are hitting for X-amount of time determines how many calories you will burn on each of the workouts.

So, for example, here's my stats:

I'm female, 5'3", 194 lbs (hourglass body) and my cardio was few and far between when I started it.

In month 1, doing one of the 35-40 minute workouts almost killed me. My heart rate was hitting 187 at times on my HRM (with chest strap). I had to stop often for 10-15 seconds at a time to let it go down. I burned on average 550-700 on those workouts in the beginning. And for reference, I can burn 450-500 calories doing running intervals for 40 minutes on the treadmill, so I know that is fairly comparable for accuracy.

By the end of Month 1, my heart rate was only able to hit 177 when doing my hardest to keep up with the workout, and resting less. If heart rate can't get as high as it used to due to being fitter, you don't burn as many calories as when you started.

My first day of Month 2, My heart rate could barely reach an output of 172, because my legs were giving out before my chest was. I burned 950 calories according to the monitor. The very next day (my second go at a Shaun T 60-minute workout) my heart rate only reached 166-169, and I burned 100 calories LESS than the day before, coming in at 850.

Lesson of the day? What happens to your body is called 'progressive overload' (you fitness pros know what I'm talking about). And anybody who has lost weight knows that the more weight they lose and closer they get to their goal weight, the harder it is to lose the weight. It's because you really have to start challenging the body once you've gotten it to that beautiful number on the scale.

So, I know this was a long ramble, but I couldn't help notice the posts about 'how many calories insanity workouts burn'. This is just simply my results with doing INSANITY as far as calorie burn. I have about 45 pounds of fat at least to lose. And doing insanity after 5-6 weeks, truthfully I've only lost total probably 4 lbs of actual weight, but I HAVE lost inches, and not only that, I have not gone for a run in 5 months, and I jumped on the treadmill last week and blew through 30 minutes running at 5.8 which I never thought was possible. I've heard the second month of INSANITY is where physical results really start to happen anyway.

Cheers guys
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    No big results yet...but I'm in week 3. I did my second Fit Test yesterday and improved in every area. In the first two weeks I lost 3 pounds and 13.5 inches. :-)
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    I just posted my progress in the link below.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1089823--so-you-think-you-bad-huh

Tl;dr version: I lost 10 pounds and 15 inches. I saw more progress in month 2 than month 1.
  • Okay, so my boyfriend and I are just 3 days away from our recovery week which will have been 30 days since starting the program. I can say that I have gotten a little depressed in the last couple of days as my boyfriend is literally melting away pounds and while I have barely lost any weight. I will say that I have lost inches and my clothes are fitting looser and I am seeing some muscle tone. I eat extremely healthy and do not cheat whatsoever. I did take day 1 pics and will be posting those along with my day 30 results pictures as soon as I am done this week.

Insanity is probably the hardest workout I have ever done and that includes the time I had a personal trainer. Shaun T is amazing! I am definitely looking forward to recovery week...as I hear month 2 really earns the name Insanity! Good luck to you all who are on the same journey as me or are just starting their journey with Insanity. if you do something for 21 days it turns into a habit. I never thought I would have made it this far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!