What do you look for in a MFP friend?

Options
Do you look for the same age/sex/weight/amount to lose?

Or do you just prefer people who are on daily and have diaries?

Do you delete friends if they aren't on often?

Does it bother you when people don't have pictures?

I must say I do prefer people around my weight to lose amount, and I do not like when people don't share their diaries, because I do look at them.

What are your preferences? How can we all be better MFP pals?

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I look for people that have fun, have a good sense of humor, and have a similar "mindset" (meaning long-term approach, no fads, just doing the work and rolling with the ups and downs).

I couldn't care less what age/sex/weight/height/whatever.

I don't care if they have an open diary because I don't look at them. I have grown adults on my FL who are perfectly capable of deciding what they want/don't want should/shouldn't eat.

I prefer friends that log in daily (or close) because I do and it's hard to build relationships with people that show up once every 4 weeks ready to "kick start" or "get back on the wagon" or whatever.

I have a lot of runner friends because I like to run. I like seeing them work towards their goals because that inspires me and often teaches me how to be a better runner.

I am excellent at beating myself up-I'm a pro. The most important attribute for me is having people that support me and remind me to celebrate the successes and not beat myself up quite so much for the less than successes. Other people look for other things. It's about finding what works for you-what you want/need from your friends.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Do you look for the same age/sex/weight/amount to lose? no...it doesn't matter to me I think we all have a similar goal whether it's to just get healthy, get fit, lose weight...I am there to help, motivate and support my fellow MFP:smile:

Or do you just prefer people who are on daily and have diaries? I am on daily but that's me...I'm a bookkeeper and very detailed and don't consider it a chore to log I rather enjoy it!

Do you delete friends if they aren't on often? No I worry sometimes about them but know that sometimes life gets in the way.

Does it bother you when people don't have pictures? No I put different pics up none of me...yet though I do have before shots I will put up a pic at the end of my journey.

I must say I do prefer people around my weight to lose amount, and I do not like when people don't share their diaries, because I do look at them. I need to continue losing but it doesn't matter if the person I am an MFP pal with is thinner or heavier or whatever I will help them if they need help or support!

What are your preferences? How can we all be better MFP pals? I try to give motivation, pep talk or just listen when they vent or feeling like quitting because I have been there and I found out that being on MFP has helped keep me motivated.

great questions....I wish you all the best in your journey:happy:
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend requests from friends friends where I can see how they support and interact with my friends. I also rarely delete people I hate it so I do not do it. I do like to keep my list small so I can give everyone my attention.
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Do you look for the same age/sex/weight/amount to lose? YES

Or do you just prefer people who are on daily and have diaries? THIS WORKS TOO

Do you delete friends if they aren't on often? YES, AFTER TWO WEEKS INACTIVE

Does it bother you when people don't have pictures? YES!!!!

I must say I do prefer people around my weight to lose amount, and I do not like when people don't share their diaries, because I do look at them. HATE PRIVATE DIARIES, BUT I ONLY RAG ON PEOPLE I KNOW IRL ABOUT IT.

What are your preferences? How can we all be better MFP pals? BE ACTIVE, BE KIND, BE FUNNY, BE HEALTHY and BE HONEST. ;)
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I look for people that have fun, have a good sense of humor, and have a similar "mindset" (meaning long-term approach, no fads, just doing the work and rolling with the ups and downs).

I couldn't care less what age/sex/weight/height/whatever.

I don't care if they have an open diary because I don't look at them. I have grown adults on my FL who are perfectly capable of deciding what they want/don't want should/shouldn't eat.

I prefer friends that log in daily (or close) because I do and it's hard to build relationships with people that show up once every 4 weeks ready to "kick start" or "get back on the wagon" or whatever.

I have a lot of runner friends because I like to run. I like seeing them work towards their goals because that inspires me and often teaches me how to be a better runner.

I am excellent at beating myself up-I'm a pro. The most important attribute for me is having people that support me and remind me to celebrate the successes and not beat myself up quite so much for the less than successes. Other people look for other things. It's about finding what works for you-what you want/need from your friends.

I also don't care about age or gender or weight. - or what anyone eats. I do like to read about people's workouts. And nearly all my friends are runners. I like people who don't whine and have a great sense of humor. Like that chick ^^^^ she makes me laugh ;)
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like friends who are nice and with whom I can interact frequently to get to know them better. I particularly like having friends who share my values.

I don't care what their gender is, how much they weigh, how much the want to weigh, whether they exercise, etc.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I like everyone who is cool and can take a joke sometimes, I like encouragement, and a face to see would be nice! But i dont mind a non picture.
    I just decline the people with issues, they are big Debbie downers!
  • OrionsBell
    Options
    Do you look for the same age/sex/weight/amount to lose?

Or do you just prefer people who are on daily and have diaries?

Do you delete friends if they aren't on often?

Does it bother you when people don't have pictures?

I must say I do prefer people around my weight to lose amount, and I do not like when people don't share their diaries, because I do look at them.

What are your preferences? How can we all be better MFP pals?

I don't care about age/sex/how often they are online/diaries/weight/, etc. I just gravitate towards people who support and encourage weight loss (in the message boards) because that is my source of inspiration. This is all new to me, and I am already feeling positive and I see light at the end of my own tunnel reading people's success stories.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I just look for people that have plenty of money and are willing to send it to me.

If they don't forward me money within 2 weeks I publish the photoshopped naked pictures of them and then delete them off my FL
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I just look for people that have plenty of money and are willing to send it to me.

If they don't forward me money within 2 weeks I publish the photoshopped naked pictures of them and then delete them off my FL

If you photoshop me to look hot, I'm really totally cool with that
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm indiscriminate about who I friend...I'll friend ANYBODY..we are all different yet mostly we all want the same thing.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    In the past I've only friended people who were females. Usually they are around my same weight and have the same goals as me. Now I will basically add anyone who is motivated.

I try also don't like when a friend maybe doesn't eat enough or seems to be trying to lose weight in an unhealthy way. I hope that doesn't sound mean, I just can't support someone (as in saying great job or something like that) when they are just harming themselves.