What's your all-time favourite musical?

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Les Miserables is my favorite! I have seen it many times, and I could probably sing the entire soundtrack by heart. I LOVE it. I also like Miss Saigon, Annie, Phantom of the Opera, Sound of Music and Rent.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Footloose!! Original version!!!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    I directed over 40 high school musicals and like many of the ones mentioned here. Another one I like a lot which surprised me was Honk!
  • dejamos
    dejamos Posts: 53 Member
    It's not my all-time favorite, but no one has mentioned Gigi so I figured I should represent.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Oklahoma
    West Side Story
    Hello Dolly
    Fiddler on the Roof
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Phantom of the opera, every once in awhile I break out the CD I got when I saw it years ago and crank it. Gives me chills
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    or maybe...
    The Pink Ladies Code is to act cool, to look cool, and be cool. Till death do us part, THINK PINK!!! :love:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    "Tommy"...sure plays a mean pinball.
  • Wicked, Avenue Q, West Side Story, Into the Woods, Anything Goes, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (so catchy!... I know it's terrible, but I do love it).

... and if we're going campy TV musicals, Cannibal the Musical has to be my favorite.
  • amlygo
    amlygo Posts: 126 Member
    Fiddler on the Roof
    Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Can't pick one.

Into the Woods, Les Mis, Rock of Ages, Rent, Fiddler, Sweeney Todd.

There are more. But I figured 6 was sufficient. LOVE musicals, can't wait to see a few on Broadway next year.
  • CarKiller2013
    CarKiller2013 Posts: 26 Member
    I love many many many musicals but
    I
    HATE
    CATS

not in general, but the musical sucked. I liked a few of the songs. I often find myself singing Magical Mr Mistoffelees, but man that show sucked.

^^^^THIS.

Some of my favs are
    Les Mis
    Ragtime
    Chess
    Side Show
    Miss Saigon
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Musicals I did not like at all: mamma mia
    cats
    and you will hate me for this but rent no idea but I can't stand it
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Mine's 7 Brides for 7 Brothers :drinker:
    I second 7 Brides for 7 Brothers! I also enjoy Fiddler on the Roof, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Singing in the Rain, and My Fair Lady.
  • having had an Aunt who lived in the Broadway district of NYC in the late 60's into the late 70's, I was raised on musicals, and I never saw one I didn't love.

BUT for this journey I have a song, it's from Burlesque.

This is the song that has stopped me from reaching for that cupcake time and time again, the song in my car, always at the ready to hit play when I see the Golden arches, the song that I play over and over while I exercise, the song I hear in my head, with fists clenched, and un-relentless determination, while I envision all those who have used, and abused me, put me down, told me I wasn't worth the effort, good enough, lovable, desirable, pretty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6l5VE1SC8I "You Haven't Seen The Last of Me"...
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Book of Mormon
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Book of Mormon

tumblr_lv779sa0bV1r76lino1_500.jpg
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    I like My Fair Lady, but I hated the way it ended. I remember really vividly when I first saw Moulin Rouge.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Mine's 7 Brides for 7 Brothers :drinker:

fiddler on the roof or Sound of Music
  • ISPEAKWHALE2
    ISPEAKWHALE2 Posts: 36 Member
    Grease