Hey there :)

I'm new. Desperate. Floundering. I need your guys's help. I feel like this is my only chance to succeed. My husband is an epic saboteur. Thank you. xox

Replies

• mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Help with what?
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    There are many people who will be very supportive of your weight loss journey, but ultimately -- you need to be your biggest fan. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I have several children of my own, all grown some with babies of their own. I think there is a lot of support out here if you are reaching and YES, you can do this, no matter your health or time constraints, it is always possible to be a little more fit and a little more healthy. Peace, love and light ~ Janet
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Welcome.

Good Luck.
  • You can add me I'm new too and need someone to do this with. let me know good luck!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Feel free to add me if you would like to. I'm always happy to help when and where I can :smile:
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    I'm new. Desperate. Floundering. I need your guys's help. I feel like this is my only chance to succeed. My husband is an epic saboteur. Thank you. xox

Glad to help... assuming you want to lose weight... it's really as simple as "eat less, move more, repeat".
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Not trying to sound rude here, but you need to start with not blaming your husband. Unless he's tying you down or holding a gun to your head and forcing you to overeat, then it's in your control. Once you realize that, you'll probably do a lot better. For the majority of my weight loss, I live with a (now X), boyfriend who didn't support me at all and told me that he found my calorie counting to be "annoying." You can't let someone else stop you if you really want this. Good luck.
  • Thanks you guys. I just want to say that, yes, no one holds a gun to my head and forces me to eat what they eat, but, like any addiction or negative behavior, you can't go it alone...that is why sites like this exist. It's a lot easier to lose weight when you have a clean pantry, empty of all fattening foods...the simple fact is, my husband buys Pringles, Lay's chips, Fritos, huge containers of little cakes from Costco, soda...I made one shelf in the fridge for myself...and one in the pantry...one...and he *****es about it...not only that, he eats the food I take the time to prep for myself...peeled and sliced carrots and celery, fruit, hummus, etc. There are times when he will ask me FIVE TIMES IN A ROW, "are you SURE you don't want some ice cream?", threatening to drop the bowl on the floor if I don't come and grab it.

If I lived alone it would be a lot easier to do this. Of course I don't blame him...I was simply asking for help from a supportive community. It seems to me, if you don't have anything supportive to add, it might be best to say nothing, as we re all on the same journey here,and some are farther along than others. If I didn't "really want this", I wouldn't be here!
  • Good advice. Thanks!
  • Thanks very much.
  • Meehteehee
    Meehteehee Posts: 11 Member
    Feel free to add me. I am in the same boat, and have just started to master weight loss (in the last three weeks) with my loving "saboteur" husband. It's a struggle but it can be done. :)
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member

Hello...I read your inspiration and that is very endearing...yes do this for yourself and for your son:smile:
    Also, I know that your husband may really be a saboteur but honestly I would say that about my sister, my bf and then realize that it's ultimately me that has to just avoid or deal with whatever the situation calls for...if my sister and I go out for lunch I have to make better choices instead of caving in and eating junk just because she is...I have to be strong or not go out to lunch with her:laugh:
    Feel free to add me as a friend:smile:
  • I'm new. Desperate. Floundering. I need your guys's help. I feel like this is my only chance to succeed. My husband is an epic saboteur. Thank you. xox

Hello...I read your inspiration and that is very endearing...yes do this for yourself and for your son:smile:
    Also, I know that your husband may really be a saboteur but honestly I would say that about my sister, my bf and then realize that it's ultimately me that has to just avoid or deal with whatever the situation calls for...if my sister and I go out for lunch I have to make better choices instead of caving in and eating junk just because she is...I have to be strong or not go out to lunch with her:laugh:
    Feel free to add me as a friend:smile:

thanks very much Rose. i appreciate your advice. now that i have this network of people here, it will be easier to resist temptation.
  • JuliaMarie85
    JuliaMarie85 Posts: 10 Member
    Feel free to add me. I've lost about 20 pounds without using fitness pal, but I fell off my diet and now I need to get back on and stay there. I'm hoping this will help me get to my weight loss goal.
  • Lola7791
    Lola7791 Posts: 85 Member
    Feel free to add me! It is hard with all the junk around but you can do it! There are 8 people here and my house is full of junk! Take baby steps! Change one thing at a time! Nothing is off limits for me! That causes binging here! Good luck!