The Omni Diet??

Has anyone here ever tried the Omni diet by Tana Amen?

If so, what's your take on it?

Did you like it? Was it hard?

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    As with any diet, don't do it unless you think it is something you can pretty much do for forever.

Diets = failures

Lifestyle changes = successes
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Had to google it. No pasta, rice, bread, candy/sweets, limited fruit and no dairy.

Sounds like a winner to me. Not.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Had to google it. No pasta, rice, bread, candy/sweets, limited fruit and no dairy. Sounds like a winner to me. Not.
    Yeah, I don't follow any plan with the word "no" in it. I have no forbidden foods, only foods that I seldom eat.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    i've had success with low carb/ketogenic eating plans. if you think you can do it, then go for it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Anything with the word diet in it, is a BIG NO!!!

OP: Just stick with eating at a deficit and exercise!! Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Has anyone here ever tried the Omni diet by Tana Amen?

If so, what's your take on it?

Did you like it? Was it hard?

Why do you feel like you need a restrictive eating plan? What will you do when you attend a birthday party and want a piece of cake? When a family member wants to celebrate a promotion with a pasta dinner? When you go to a movie and just really want some popcorn? When everyone else is eating pizza on a Friday night?

I'm all for eating nutritious, whole food. Veggies and fruits are great. Lean protein is a must. Fats are great - I love olive oil and butter. But I don't see the point in saying "I can't have this or I can't eat that" and setting myself up for failure because my diet has to be 100% different than everyone around me.

You can find a balance that allows you to eat what you want, feed yourself the healthy food you need, and still lose weight.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    OP - I didn't do this diet exactly, but it was one that was similar. I did lose weight easily. It came off so quickly. BUT....it didn't last. I started to miss some of my favorites and when I was alone with food, well, the food lost! If you enjoy eating the foods that are on the no list, and you don't have any medical reason to avoid them, I'd advise eating a reasonable amount of calories and getting a reasonable amount of exercise instead.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    From what little I've seen, this seems like a VERY drastic diet that the author came to after years of dealing with chronic illnesses. If I had a choice of doing something this drastic or submitting to a lifetime of drugs or pain, I would try the dietary solution first. But if you don't have such chronic illnesses and are just looking to lose weight, I don't think this would be the way to go.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Why do you feel like you need a restrictive eating plan? What will you do when you attend a birthday party and want a piece of cake? When a family member wants to celebrate a promotion with a pasta dinner? When you go to a movie and just really want some popcorn? When everyone else is eating pizza on a Friday night?

This is an EXCELLENT point. Life goes on whether you are on a "diet" or not.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Had to google it. No pasta, rice, bread, candy/sweets, limited fruit and no dairy.

sounds like "Omni" is the wrong term for it then. I like my own version of an omni diet - eat ALL the foods!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    I think you may be looking about this the wrong way if you're still looking at fad diets. Really, just reduce your calories to a sustainable level and eat what you want. Logging/Adherence/Consistency.
  • carlapendergrass
    carlapendergrass Posts: 42 Member

Makes me wonder how it can be called "Omni" with all those "nos".
  • Thanks everyone. I already ordered the book, so I'll read through it once and go over it with my husband. After that, though, if it doesn't look like I'd succeed, I'll probably donate it to the local library.:wink: