Open food diary- help and insights??

Hi everyone- wondering if someone could take a look at my journal and give me some helpful insights/ or criticisms.

I've recently started seriously using MFP, I had been using it inconsistently last fall, but am now properly logging my exercise and food. I'm only trying to lose about 10 lbs (weight gained during a study abroad in Spain) as well as get fit. I do p90x (lean) supplemented with occasional extra cardio (running).

I've had great results so far (5llbs and toning up!) but I feel like they're slowing slightly as I move into my 3rd week of p90X. I'm currently living in France, so I'm slightly out of my element nutrition wise. I live with a host family, but I am not obligated to eat what they eat, and usually make my own lunch breakfast- dinner is really the only meal where I must eat what they have prepared.

Basically- Am I eating enough? I've done lots of reading but I still feel pretty clueless, especially doing something like P90X. Any help appreciated!!

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Bonjour, ca va?

I had a little look - I would say not. You are leaving quite a lot of calories on the table most days. This isn't always such a great idea - as it means you can get very tired and experience cravings. Try to 'net' at least 1,200 calories a day.

Hope you're enjoying France - what a great opportunity. :happy:

Good luck!
  • enidite
    enidite Posts: 92 Member
    oh I love France it is so beautiful. I have to agree with the previous poster. I have not seen the workout but from what I have read on the boards it seems to be pretty intense. So I would suggest also to up the calories a little to see if that helps. The other thing I wanted to mention is that if you have very little to lose it might take a little while for the body to let go of these last few pounds.
    Anyways, enjoy France, I grew up Europe and traveled a lot, France was one of my most favorite places to travel to. And their food is so yummy. I'm not sure if I could resist all the good cheeses and the fresh baguettes even now after all those years.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    1200 calories doing p90x and adding in running.. Tony Horton would be yelling at you.. eat 1500 calories at the minimum and way more protein
  • sarahnc_
    sarahnc_ Posts: 47 Member
    Forgot to add that those left over calories are after exercise- i eat back usually about half of my exercise calories. Is that still to little? I've been trying to judge it too on how I feel- sometimes I feel stuffed but MFP is saying I should be eating more....
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    I think it may be best to eat them all back. But a hundred or so either way shouldn't matter too much.

I used TDEE - 20% personally because: a. I was WAY too hungry on 1,200 if not exercising and b. It means I don't have to log exercise - I just set the daily activity level.
  • sarahnc_
    sarahnc_ Posts: 47 Member
    Hm, okay... I'm just confused- I just finished logging for today and i'm like stuuuufffed, but it says I still have another 300 or so cals left- if I were to eat back all of my exercise cals. I feel like I should be eating more based on a program like P90X and what MFP is telling me, but I feel stuffed....