support/advice about eating habits? (:

So if I'm not completely distracted or out of the house my mind is always on food and i want to snack all the time, like seriously when I get home from school its hard for me not to eat every half hour lol, I really wanna lose some weight I have gained over the past months and lose some of my tummy chub because I'm looking quite skinny-fat and I don't want this to go any further than it has.
Anyway what do you do to stay under your goal everyday?

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Well looking through your diary I'd *think* you were eating a reasonable amount of food. What are your workouts like? It's possible your body just wants even more food. Having said that, I think it sounds more like you're eating because you're bored.

I would take up tea-drinking :laugh:

Make sure you're not reaching for food because you're angry, lonely, tired or bored. Sometimes procrastinating can make me want to eat or do anything other than what I should be doing. Go online instead... go for a walk?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    For me it's actually pretty easy... I really want to lose weight, and I realize that if I go over my calories, it's just not going to happen (obviously sometimes it happens, but I try to avoid it). Seeing it in black and white like this makes it easier for me and gives me an incentive to stay on track. And I make myself log everything.

I do snack though, but I know I can only have one or two really.
  • For me it's actually pretty easy... I really want to lose weight, and I realize that if I go over my calories, it's just not going to happen (obviously sometimes it happens, but I try to avoid it). Seeing it in black and white like this makes it easier for me and gives me an incentive to stay on track. And I make myself log everything.

I do snack though, but I know I can only have one or two really.

See the thing is I know, but I do it anyway e.e
  • Well looking through your diary I'd *think* you were eating a reasonable amount of food. What are your workouts like? It's possible your body just wants even more food. Having said that, I think it sounds more like you're eating because you're bored.

I would take up tea-drinking :laugh:

Make sure you're not reaching for food because you're angry, lonely, tired or bored. Sometimes procrastinating can make me want to eat or do anything other than what I should be doing. Go online instead... go for a walk?

Running six times a week, and lifting about two or three
    I should take up tea drinking though...that actually sounds really good right now.
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Just find low calorie snacks to munch on! Im a snacker too. I'll usually have some rice cakes that have been sectioned out in individual servings, home made granola, and fruit lying around.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    With only 13 lbs to lose and that much activity you probably do actually need more food. When was the last time you calculated TDEE?

I would recommend no more than a 10% cut and then be SUPER diligent about measuring portion sizes. Your exercise needs to be fueled and it sounds like you probably need more food. I know for me, 2100 is a STEEP cut and I can't keep it up for more than a couple of weeks at a time.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    It might work better to run less, maybe 3 days a week, and lose at a slower rate. It could make for a more sustainable lifestyle change.
  • I totes get where you're coming from! I'm a boredom snacker and it's no bueno:) What I do is try to avoid having a lot of loose change in my bag (this prevents me from hitting up the vending machines) and keeping healthy snacks like Quest bars and fruit on hand. And lots of water!
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    I found upping my protein intake helped. I see your protein goal is set quite low. With all the activity you're doing, you might find it helpful to increase your protein which will keep you feeling full for longer and possibly not feel like eating the extra. I found it helped a lot with my boredom snacking, because I literally couldn't fit another thing in!