142 days of being a VAGAtarian

I love great food. When I first started on here I thought I was giving that up. Two months after my journey started I realized that I could enjoy amazing food and in a lot of instances even better than before. I gave up meat and have tried so many new wonderful tasting things. When you tear down your food barriers you'll be surprised at what you may come to like. Since things are typically a lot less in calories I get to eat so much more. So yep i'm a Vagatarian and don't see myself turning back.... ooops vegetarian.

Replies

• becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Congratulations! I've been a Vegetarian for 19 years - and it still amazes me all the different 'stuff' there is out there for us to eat! I do eat eggs, seafood and dairy - do you eat these as well? I think it's a much healthier way of eating/living - and I feel better than I felt when I was 20 (not kidding)! How do you feel? Does your family support you? My husband is FOREVER on Atkins - which is the polar opposite of being a Vegetarian - he eats meat 24/7.........! Our 14 year old daughter picks and chooses between what my husband and I cook - tell me how your family 'deals' with your food choices!
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Hey There... First off Congrats.

I do enjoy egg whites, seafood, and minimal dairy. The Go Veggie Cheese takes care of most of it along with Almond milk.

It is way healthier at least for me. My bp was up and so was my cholesterol. Everything is in line now. I have tons more energy as well. I'm divorced and my kids really aren't on board with it, but they are kids....My GF is good with it, and for the most part eats the same. If she wants chicken or meat that's fine as well.

What are some of your favorite recipes?
    I love making cauliflower crust pizza, covered in what ever veggies I have. I do use regular mozzarella on it.
    Fried tofu is pretty tasty with dipping sauce for appetizers.
    I had a Thai Chili Mushroom soup last night. mmmmmm

Hummus hummus hummus and black beans oh my... :P
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Vagatarean.....I hear you
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Congrats! I've been vegetarian almost 4 years now & I love it. I don't eat any animal flesh - not even seafood. I've cut way back on dairy in the past few months but I don't know if I'll ever be vegan. My two teens are also veg and my two adult kids are vegan, all by their own choice. My husband eats what I cook at home for every meal, but will usually order meat at restaurants or occasionally buy himself a pre-baked chicken or some meat to grill. My diary is open to the public...
  • 271lisa
    271lisa Posts: 49 Member
    Haha! I needed to laugh today and I only read your post because of the title. lol
  • kevinindelaware
    Great.. That was kind of my goal :P
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    My question is...

How in the world does a vagatarian log his "food??"
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Thumbs up for the Vag diet... :glasses:
  • kevinindelaware
    One lick at a time of course.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    How YOU doin?
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    thats great i am 2
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    I have been counting "those" calories. Should I?
  • becky10rp
    Lots of seafood, yes - lots of beans.........lots of Greek Yogurt, and LOTS of Morningstar 'stuff'!

Recipes - I kind of 'throw' things together - last night I made a black bean/broccoli burrito - canned black beans, salsa, one Morningstar Chicken patty (Cut up); some cumin - I put it in a whole wheat burrito and put it in my Foreman grill - very tasty!

I'm addicted to the Morningstar Chicken patties (they're fake chicken) - you can do just about anything with them - make chicken parm, throw them in a burrito, make a sandwich out of them.........
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    feeling stupid for not getting it... :tongue:
  • kevinindelaware
    feeling stupid for not getting it... :tongue:

No need too... I was just being silly.... but dead serious about being a plant murderer
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    I am almost a year into being a vegan. It happened overnight, literally. The night before I had a huge turkey bacon, ranch sub and the next day I'm enjoying five bean chili loaded with veggies!

I have never felt better! I still have organic honey (only if it's organic) but I've cut everything meat and diary related from my diet. I even cut back pop. It's been fantastic.

Congrats on your 142 days!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Lots of seafood, yes - lots of beans.........lots of Greek Yogurt, and LOTS of Morningstar 'stuff'!

Recipes - I kind of 'throw' things together - last night I made a black bean/broccoli burrito - canned black beans, salsa, one Morningstar Chicken patty (Cut up); some cumin - I put it in a whole wheat burrito and put it in my Foreman grill - very tasty!

I'm addicted to the Morningstar Chicken patties (they're fake chicken) - you can do just about anything with them - make chicken parm, throw them in a burrito, make a sandwich out of them.........

I like to make my own black bean burgers but have tried the morning star and they are good in a time pinch. I'll have to try the chicken.... I also really like the tofurkey bacon... and make BLT's with it.. swear you can't tell the difference.
  • becky10rp
    I knew what he 'meant' but preferred to answer as I did - I mean - is this a sex-site or a fitness site..................?!

Oy vey..........!
  • kevinindelaware
    Thumbs up for the Vag diet... :glasses:

Wink Wink
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Been thinking of experimenting with vagatarianism myself........ ; )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!