Banana diet

Replies

• tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Do people not realize that large amounts of bananas could stop your heart and kill you? :noway:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Wow I would die of constipation !!!!
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Hello! I just found on the web some crazy videos about eating as much bananas as you can for days (even weeks) in order to lose weight.

I would really like to know if some of you did try a banana diet (only bananas!) and what happened.

Thx! :)

Definitely crazy.......like all these daft fads
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    NO! :noway:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Too many bananas can kill you because it causes an imbalance of electrolytes from all the potassium. I think it is something like 7 bananas a day that could do it, which seems a decent amount to eat if that is all you are eating.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    The only time I have ever done a diet of only one "food" for any length of time were the bags of IV fluids I got after my brain surgery. NO. Just NO!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Too many bananas can kill you because it causes an imbalance of electrolytes from all the potassium. I think it is something like 7 bananas a day that could do it, which seems a decent amount to eat if that is all you are eating.

Presuming you don't consume any sodium at all, perhaps...
  • Wait.... OP, you've been on here for 3 years and actually asked that as a serious question? I thought for sure you were just funning with us.... :noway:
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    I think a fruititarian diet is fine for those who want to do it.
    Some folks are happy with this lifestyle.

I refuse to give up meat and caffeine. I did attempt for about 3 days before my head exploded from lack of caffeine. Not for me!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Hello! I just found on the web some crazy videos about eating as much bananas as you can for days (even weeks) in order to lose weight.

I would really like to know if some of you did try a banana diet (only bananas!) and what happened.

Yes. All my success is attributable to that one weird trick.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    I would have to smother them in peanut butter. That wouldn't work for me.

The one I wanted to post would land me a strike.

keep-calm-and-love-bananas-55.png
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Bananas are gross. Yuck.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member

Yes. All my success is attributable to that one weird trick.

Best Reply.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member

I heard that only works if your main form of exercise is swinging from trees. :wink:
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member

I *think*, and I could be wrong, that the diet you're talking about is a gimmicky intro into eating a raw vegan diet. I don't think anyone could eat 30 bananas a day for any extended period of time. I think it's just the hook to get you started, and you actually eat more than just bananas.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Trying to limit my carbs!!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21524-1327086289-26.gif
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    NO.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    I would have to smother them in peanut butter.

peanut butter fixes EVERYTHING
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    I would have to smother them in peanut butter.

peanut butter fixes EVERYTHING

Am I the only one that likes bananas with sour cream. For me, sour cream fixes everything. Almost. And when sour cream doesn't work, butter usually does. :happy: