Banana diet

Replies

• tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    I tried it, but found it unapeeling.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    I would have to smother them in peanut butter.

peanut butter fixes EVERYTHING

Am I the only one that likes bananas with sour cream. For me, sour cream fixes everything. Almost. And when sour cream doesn't work, butter usually does. :happy:

My mom used to give me cottage cheese with sour cream, and a banana cut up in it, so I think I could do that. Crafty's right, though. Peanut butter fixes everything. Except for the Walden Farms marshmallow "fluff". Even peanut butter couldn't save that.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member

Am I the only one that likes bananas with sour cream. For me, sour cream fixes everything. Almost. And when sour cream doesn't work, butter usually does. :happy:

My mom used to give me cottage cheese with sour cream, and a banana cut up in it, so I think I could do that. Crafty's right, though. Peanut butter fixes everything. Except for the Walden Farms marshmallow "fluff". Even peanut butter couldn't save that.
    And cauliflower. Nothing can fix cauliflower.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member

If cheese doesn't fix it for you, then cream of cauliflower soup with hot sauce. Or cheese and hot sauce. :smile:
  • IsisRosa
    IsisRosa Posts: 57 Member
    Isn't that the diet that landed Ashton Kutcher in the hospital?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    PS_1102_EYE_BANANA.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member

If cheese doesn't fix it for you, then cream of cauliflower soup with hot sauce. Or cheese and hot sauce. :smile:

Thanks to MFP, I may never buy cauliflower again!
  • lynalinda
    lynalinda Posts: 37 Member
    Too many bananas can kill you because it causes an imbalance of electrolytes from all the potassium. I think it is something like 7 bananas a day that could do it, which seems a decent amount to eat if that is all you are eating.

That's not true, to get an electrolyte imbalance from eating bananas you should eat more than 100 bananas in 30 seconds, which is impossible. Durianrider and Freelee are living proof that fruitarian diet is not that bad for you, but i agree that it can be a bit extreme to eat only bananas for a long period of time and i would personally go sick from eating bananas, but sometimes i do have like 8 bananas for lunch or dinner if i don't have time to cook anything :)

More infos in here http://thebananagirl.com/potassium-overdose-on-30-bananas-a-day-2.php
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    this actually makes me want to stab myself in the eye.... I cant believe people still do this s**t.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    and I'm sorry lynalinda.... I cant stop looking at your boobs... and no, i'm not that way inclined :laugh:
  • lynalinda
    lynalinda Posts: 37 Member
    and I'm sorry lynalinda.... I cant stop looking at your boobs... and no, i'm not that way inclined :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 282 Member
    People die from only stuffing themselves with bananas. Your potassium skyrockets, you go into arrythmias and you most definitely can die from those arrythmias.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 282 Member
    Too many bananas can kill you because it causes an imbalance of electrolytes from all the potassium. I think it is something like 7 bananas a day that could do it, which seems a decent amount to eat if that is all you are eating.

That's not true, to get an electrolyte imbalance from eating bananas you should eat more than 100 bananas in 30 seconds, which is impossible. Durianrider and Freelee are living proof that fruitarian diet is not that bad for you, but i agree that it can be a bit extreme to eat only bananas for a long period of time and i would personally go sick from eating bananas, but sometimes i do have like 8 bananas for lunch or dinner if i don't have time to cook anything :)

More infos in here http://thebananagirl.com/potassium-overdose-on-30-bananas-a-day-2.php

OMG I don't care what the internet says, I work in ICU and I have seen several cases over the years of ONLY banana consumption. IF you ONLY eat bananas, you are asking for trouble. Just don't do it. It is unhealthy and unsustainable and it MAY kill you.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Why in the world you just want to eat bananas for a diet? Can you say b-o-r-i-n-g! Why can't you just eat some of your favorite foods in smaller portions, weigh your food on a scale, and get more of a balanced diet than eating all bananas?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I hear if you do this for two months you turn into a monkey....but one month you will lose fat, gain muscle, and lose body fat% ...

I personally prefer the cabbage diet but that is just me...
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    We used to have a guy that worked in our office, he would eat 5 bananas before about 2pm. Then he would fart and send the rest of us running for our lives :/
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    but i don't think i can make pizza and wings out of bananas. i would fail

lol My hero. I love food. Even if there was a good reason to do this, there is NO way. And with no good reason....well, I'm pretty sure you know where this is going.....
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member

Speak for yourself, lady....

08df657f-e6e6-428d-820c-05878b4a3ead.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Try it and report back.
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    I've heard you can lose 10lbs if you cut off your head... actually I think I might try that.