so how do u eat more?

Options
iwantwow
iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
so basically im asking this ques again...however much i try to eat ...stuff myself , i just never seem to reach my Tdee-20%...so then basically i m tempted to eat cookies ,sweets just to reach my goal..plz advice...i workout 4-5 days a week for 60 minutes...3days cardio ,2 days body pump....i think i m stuck in this plateu forever...i m 185 pounds ,5"3' also im vegeterian.

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Best calorie-dense (but not junk) foods are fats. Cook veggies with butter, or coconut oil - 1T of the stuff is 100 calories.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Figure 80/20 rule - 80% nutrient rich food, up to 20% calories from tasty but "bad" food. It's great when you can plan a cup of ice cream each night. Or if that has you splurge, an ice cream bar each night. Or couple cookies, or glass of wine.

When you can plan, and when you know you have planned for something, it might help you out of time you feel like blowing it.

"nah, I'll eat my lunch, so I can have my cookies tonight"
  • iwantwow
    Options
    wow that sounds great..because with all that myth we have been cooking our food in"lessoil"/ghee /butter....also i love cookies ,ice cream ..but just afraid to eat them....
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I plan breakfast, lunch and dinner to be about 500 calories each, plus snacks. Sometimes dinner will be much bigger if I'm eating out especially, and I adjust other meals and snacks accordingly. I usually budget a couple of squares of raw chocolate and a frozen yoghurt into my snacks for the evening, and pre-log them. If I haven't met my higher calorie goal for the day, I take a quick look at my macros -- have I done a big workout and could I eat more carbs? Or do I need more fats or protein? I add foods like avocado, peanut butter, real butter on rice crackers with another topping, I add coconut oil to my muesli. I also make bigger salads for dinner and add whole egg mayonnaise, or eat a big bowl of vegetables with dinner, including vegetables like roast pumpkin which are filling and higher in calories.
  • iwantwow
    Options
    I plan breakfast, lunch and dinner to be about 500 calories each, plus snacks. Sometimes dinner will be much bigger if I'm eating out especially, and I adjust other meals and snacks accordingly. I usually budget a couple of squares of raw chocolate and a frozen yoghurt into my snacks for the evening, and pre-log them. If I haven't met my higher calorie goal for the day, I take a quick look at my macros -- have I done a big workout and could I eat more carbs? Or do I need more fats or protein? I add foods like avocado, peanut butter, real butter on rice crackers with another topping, I add coconut oil to my muesli. I also make bigger salads for dinner and add whole egg mayonnaise, or eat a big bowl of vegetables with dinner, including vegetables like roast pumpkin which are filling and higher in calories.
    great suggestion ...thanks a lot
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Usually it involves waffles. The waffle recipe I use is grain free so it's made with almond flour. My waffle maker does Belgian style squares and it works out to be about 329 calories for one square and that's without any toppings or anything. Add some fruit and whipping cream and you've got plenty of calories!
  • ktpod1
    ktpod1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Usually it involves waffles. The waffle recipe I use is grain free so it's made with almond flour. My waffle maker does Belgian style squares and it works out to be about 329 calories for one square and that's without any toppings or anything. Add some fruit and whipping cream and you've got plenty of calories!

will you share this recipe?
  • iwantwow
    Options

will you share this recipe?
    same here..sounds yum..
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    When I need to add calories, my go to foods are almonds (or any type of nuts), avocado, nut butters, and fats like coconut oil and olive oil. Also, there is no need to look for low fat varieties of foods (like yogurt and cheese). No need to fear (healthy) fats.

Personally, I don't like eating things like cookies or ice cream, only because these foods seem to start my cravings - once I start eating these things, I tend to lose control. I just find that my life is easier if I avoid them altogether. Lots of people can eat them in moderation, but for me I just prefer to avoid them. Instead of a bowl of ice cream for dessert, I will have some plain Greek yogurt with a scoop of protein powder and stevia mixed in and some frozen berries on top - it's big, filling, healthy, about 400 calories and packs a bunch of protein! If I were low on calories, I would sprinkle some toasted almonds on top...
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of nuts, nut butters, granola bars, peanut butter. I never have a problem eating enough! hahah
  • iwantwow
    Options
    thanks a lot everyone for great ideas....
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I drink raw whole milk 2-3 glasses a day = 480 calories. I also like Nature's Path organic coconut granola 3/4 cup with milk is 430 calories. I also second the waffles....I make mine with lots of eggs, coconut oil and whole milk. I like them with maple syrup and vanilla ice cream....yumm!!!

I find that I have to eat breakfast--which I am NOT a breakfast eater! I do a supergreen shake with some whey....then a cup of coffee with milk, and a hard boiled egg. If I don't get the calories in early in the day I end up feeling too full at the end of the day.