*GROUP*--calling women who lift & eat (TDEE-20% or more)

Replies

• Count me in! My calories aim for 1900, not quite there yet, but I'm getting there:) Started lifting 4 weeks ago (NROLFW) and also doing Insanity 3 times a week. Really enjoying lifting and not eating like a sparrow!!

how do you like nrolfw?
    i just started reading it and i'm excited to get it into.

NROLFW was my introduction to lifting and I absolutely LOVED IT! Once I finished though I was ready to do my own thing--the workouts are kind of repetitive with certain weeks almost exactly like a few weeks prior. IT's a great program though and definitely helps those new to lifting to just walk into the gym with a plan that will yield results! I highly recommend it!
  • ktpod1
    ktpod1 Posts: 83 Member
    Count me in! I eat about 1950 but only have been doing tdee - 15% for one week now. I just started weight lifting 3x week and 2 cardios ( other days are optional). Would like to be friends with like minded eaters so feel free to send me a jingle. Previously I had been eating about 1200 and massive cardio.... I lost 6 lbs but then gained it all back..so I read up on eating more and strength training more and my weight is going down. ( I might even have to add more calories to slow the weight loss a bit.) Look forward to being a part of this group!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    In.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    I'd love to join. I've been way under-eating but lifting heavily, so I'm increasing calories. I need to find a balance :smile:
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    NROLFW was my introduction to lifting and I absolutely LOVED IT! Once I finished though I was ready to do my own thing--the workouts are kind of repetitive with certain weeks almost exactly like a few weeks prior. IT's a great program though and definitely helps those new to lifting to just walk into the gym with a plan that will yield results! I highly recommend it!

That's great! I'm glad I didn't waste 12 bucks! I look forward to finishing it :)
  • Superkwing83
    Superkwing83 Posts: 21 Member
    If it's not too late, I'd like to join...please and thank you.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Can I join? I lift 3-4 times a week, currently have calories set at 1650 based on recommendations from Eat, Train Progress and on my TDEE
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Generally eat between 1600 and 1900 calories a day (eating back exercise calories), which works out to around 15% less than my TDEE (I'm short, lol). My diary doesnt reflect that recently because I had a family issue and got sick, but it's generally true. The main thing is that I love food. When I started my fitness journey this time around, I swore I wouldn't go near super calorie deficits or cutting certain foods out because I want a lifestyle change and that new lifestyle has to include yummy food!

I started NROLFW about a month ago and LOVE it. I was lifting before, and with progressive weight increases but it was mostly isolation stuff. Adding in compound body moves like deadlifts and squats is the best move I've ever made! I lift 3x a week. Feel free to add me if you like. Looking forward to a group, too.
  • virjenmarie
    virjenmarie Posts: 22 Member
    Add me i have been lifting a year now and starting to up my calories this week is 1900 and next week 2000 an i will be there for 2 month mini bulk the slowly cutting i need all the support i can get :)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    I am newer at weight lifting but it's my favorite form of exercise (done it off and on for years but this is my first time with a focused plan.) I eat at least 1800 but often more depending on what I've been doing or how hungry I am. I have weight to lose but I am going a very slow route because I can never stick with drastic reduction. I'd love to be in the group too.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Do you have to lift heavy of just lift? I'm working on the food thing too :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    I've been known to lift a heavy object or two, and my goal is 1825 with plan to increase over the next few months. I'm always in the market for finding more lady heavy lifters and heavy eaters.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I'd love to participate. I'm following Chalean extreme, lifting 3-4 times/week & eating 2200 calories.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    2200 per day here! Lift 3-5 times/week and do some cardio classes along with softball. Add me!
  • If it's not too late, I would love to be added! I aim for 1808-2000 cals per day, focusing on as few heavily processed foods as possible. I log daily (except for the last two days, when I was traveling) and began lifting in July...love love love it! Anyone on this thread with an open diary is welcome to add me, too.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    So why call the group TDEE -20% or more? Just curious because mine at -20% is close to 1700-1800 but you are saying those under 2000 probably aren't welcome. Wouldn't the group better be called Women Who Lift and Eat 2K+?
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    I am very supportive of ladies who know how to eat! I usually do but am cutting mid-week now as an experiment. Love lifting- new to it but love it.
  • holly273
    holly273 Posts: 84 Member
    I'd like to be in on this too!
    I'm lifting anywhere between 3-6 times a week (depending on how busy the gym is each day so how complete of a workout I get!), and for the moment eating 1600 a day (to get back on track after a week's holiday eating probably 2500-3000+ per day :P). Once I'm back under about 23% bf, which should be just a couple weeks, I plan to up to about 1700-1900 a day: between TDEE-20% and TDEE-10% til I'm at my goal 18-19%bf.
    Feel free to add me!
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    I would also love to join. I am in the process of getting hooked up with Crossfit with an emphasis on lifting and increasing my calories. At this point, I don't have anything to add, but I am sincerely hoping that I can learn from others experience. This feels very life changing for me and I am anxious to start this next journey.
    Thanks