Need some snack ideas

shortyboom
shortyboom Posts: 21 Member
I have a big sweet tooth. What are some snacks under 100 calories?

Replies

• FiberOne brownies are great, and filling too!
    I have one with skim milk for breakfast, one brownie is 90 calories, and they are really yummy.

Also, Special K protein bars are a great option. They come in a variety of flavors too.

I also love the caramel flavor from Quaker's Rice Snacks (crispy disk shaped small ricecakes in caramel popcorn flavor, calorie is very low compared to other chips/snacks)
  • shortyboom
    shortyboom Posts: 21 Member
    These sound great. Thanks!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Frozen Raspberry Yogurt Pops

-2 cups non-fat greek yogurt
    -1/2 cup stevia (or sugar)
    -3 oz raspberries

Mix the yogurt and stevia in a bowl. Take half of the yogurt mixture and put in a blender with the raspberries and puree until smooth. Using a sieve, pour the raspberry mixture into another bowl, working it through the sieve to remove the seeds. Then divide evenly between 6 icicle molds, alternating each.

Calories: 48, Carbs: 6g, Fat: 0g, Protein: 3g, Fiber: 3g
  • JenS2009
    JenS2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Sugar free jello cup (10-60 cals depending on brand/flavor) with plop of FF cool whip on top (about 15 cals for 2 tbsp)

Sweet Freedom snack size ice cream sandwich (80 cals). I always hit up the sugar free ice cream desserts.

Quaker gluten free caramel rice cakes (50 cals) and they actually taste pretty good. Could drizzle a little honey if needed (or PB, yum!)

I've enjoyed Dannon lite and fit greek yogurt. Strawberry Banana is my fav (80 cals).

Cut up fruit and sprinkle with dry pudding mix. It soaks up the fruit juices.... yum!! I've got a recipe at home for specific directions if interested.
  • I love the Zone Perfect, Carmel cluster bars... YUM... and very filling since they have 14g of protien!
  • maguariento
    maguariento Posts: 72 Member
    If you're avoiding artificial sweetners (I do), a good yogurt parfait option is:
    - 1/2 c. frozen strawberries, thawed
    - 1/2 c. frozen peaches, thawed
    - 1/4 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
    - 2 T. Kashi Go Lean Crunch

118 calories, 22 carbs, 1 fat, 6 protein, 4 fiber

Or, for real sugar, look for cookie "thins." Safeway has some out, and I'm guessing there are name brands, too. Safeway has both Meyer Lemon and Ginger Snap flavors. Or those little wafer cookies - little sticks of waffle like crunchy bits layered with frosting. 150 cals in four, so only eat 2 or 3. It takes the edge off for me!
  • BethLuttrell
    BethLuttrell Posts: 10 Member
    I am trying to wean off the processed packaged snacks so here are my snacks of choice:

Light laughing cow swiss cheese used for dip for green grapes *the combo of flavors is awesome

Air popped popcorn

strawberries with white chocolate cream cheese dip (also use teddy grahams to dip)

orange slices sprinkled with cinnamon

Grilled Banana Smores' Take a banana sprinkle with 5-6 chocolate morsels top with 6-8 mini marshmellows wrap in foil and put on grill for about 3 minutes (it is awesome)

Cottage Cheese

baked apples with cinnamon
  • renatewolfe
    renatewolfe Posts: 91 Member
    2 T Hummus with veggie sticks
    1 container nonfat yogurt
    1 triangle Laughing Cow Light cheese wrapped in 1 oz turkey or ham slice
    1 piece of whole wheat toast w/ 1.5 teaspoon Peanut butter
    1/2 cup nonfat or low fat cottage cheese with finely chopped veggies thrown in
    String cheese
    Fruit
  • I love ice cream and its obviously not a low cal option! LOL So I take homemade whip cream (ice cold skim milk and vanilla, stevia) whip til semi stiff peaks. Put between 2 lowfat chocolate graham crackers and freeze. They taste just like icecream sandwiches! If you're in a hurry you can always use fat free coolwhip. :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    For a sweet tooth, I recommend hickory farms mini mints (3 calories each). They melt on the tongue and satisfy a sweet craving. 31 mini melts is under 100 calories (and you'd need a large sweet tooth to eat that many at one sitting).
  • jakeyuma
    jakeyuma Posts: 335 Member
    I love ice cream and its obviously not a low cal option! LOL So I take homemade whip cream (ice cold skim milk and vanilla, stevia) whip til semi stiff peaks. Put between 2 lowfat chocolate graham crackers and freeze. They taste just like icecream sandwiches! If you're in a hurry you can always use fat free coolwhip. :)

Hi, Did you use liquid Stevia or granulated? Do you have measurments for what you did, or just eyeball everything? I am going to make these :)
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    thanks
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Bump
  • I love frozen grapes or grapes dipped in yogurt then in chopped pecans.
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    I know it doesn't sound very good, but these black bean brownie recipe will fool everyone (scroll down past the Mojito Smoothie recipe on my MFP blog)! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/takerbrat/view/make-my-day-recipes-for-breakfast-lunch-and-dinner-601014
  • busybrown72
    busybrown72 Posts: 11 Member
    I too have a sweet tooth and so does my daughter. We both like halved, pitted, fresh cherries that have been frozen. Also a great additive for a smoothie. To freeze, lay flat on a cookie sheet, when frozen measure out a portion and transfer to snack bags, place back in the freezer.
    Any frozen berry, or even grapes and bananas are good.
    Air-popped popcorn with margarine spray and sprinkled with cinnamon and Splenda.
  • LaurenEileen74
    LaurenEileen74 Posts: 142 Member
    you can buy sweet rice cakes or cocoa almonds :)
  • Wandering_1
    Wandering_1 Posts: 95 Member
    Bump
  • seashell709
    seashell709 Posts: 123 Member
    i really enjoy the fiber one brownies...they are really good!