Who's giving Stoptober a go?

Replies

• tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    no alcohol this month for me
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    I'm stopping Alcohol. I started on 9/26 cos we're have a huge Halloween party on 10/26. :-) Hopefully that still counts!
  • amarkle86
    amarkle86 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm going to stop drinking alcohol on weekdays!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    I'm going to stop stopping. Somehow I've managed to find a good balance and I'm not feeling terribly inclined to give anything up... :flowerforyou:

(ETA: I am not trying to upset my own apple cart, LOL...)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    if we just stop drinking alcohol and just drink water.

while researching setting up fish tanks, for my a pet turtle, i found that all you need for life to start to grow is sunlight and water. water is the replenishing element. it brings and nourishes life.

also, it is an ancient science, the four humours are an amazing study. you can go as deep into them as you want, but the applicable lesson is the levels of fluid in your body need to be balanced to maintain good health. ergo, messing with your liver jacks up bile production and filtration of fluids. not good for the balance.

water is the oil to our engine.

who knew...setting up fish takes is the path to enlightenment?

Did this come out of a manual for those who are doing the Air and Sunlight diet or something?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I am stopping stoptober....
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    i will stop trying to understand the overwhelming derp in this thread.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Air and Sunlight Diet.........LOL!

Still laughing.........

:laugh:
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member

I'm sorry that you have PCOS. That does make weight loss harder and while carbs might seem like a core issue and restricting them does often result in improved weight loss profiles it's the calories that matter.

Here, suggested reading on PCOS and diet - pretty much the overall review: http://humupd.oxfordjournals.org/content/19/5/432.full.pdf

In any case, good luck with your month, I wish you success. If you find it too difficult, feel free to PM me in month and we can talk about other strategies.

"This item requires a subscription* to Human Reproduction Update." I would love to read the article referenced but it appears you have to be a subscriber. The one day use option is a $35.00 fee.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    I will stop thinking I can't lift heavier...by the end of october i want to deadlift 150lbs =)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,582 Member
    I'm gonna stop shaving!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Not smoking cigarettes sounds like a good plan for stoptober. They are an appetite suppressant and such but I can have better work outs when I don't smoke thus I should be eating more anyway? I've already not had them for a few weeks and rarely smoke but I might as well stop completely

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo confused! I think Stoptober has different meanings in the US and UK. Over here it's an NHS campaign to help people stop smoking in October (on the basis that if you can stop for a month you have a good chance of quitting for good).

Want to find out more, click here: https://stoptober.smokefree.nhs.uk/ (free advice, apps etc)

Or read this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0718194551 (Allen Carr's book worked for me)

Like forums? Try this: http://forum.nosmokingday.org.uk/ (bit like MFP but less talk of clean eating)

I used to smoke 40 a day and it's the only think I have given up (four years ago). As for stopping anything other than cigarettes, forget it! Moderation key for me (she says while drinking a big glass of wine with dinner). Calories in, calories out.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'm going to stop being the awesomest person alive.

I'm_just_kidding.gif
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    not STOPtober. i'm doing GOtober. i will be the best me i can be in everything i do! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET 'EM.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Sorry, I think I already agreed to grow out my leg hair or something like that.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    I have changed my lifestyle a lot since beginning my journey in May 1, 2013. I gave up a lot of stuff and learned that I don't have to give up anything. I just needed to learn moderation. I came to realize if I give up sugar, or carbs, or alcohol, or whatever while trying to lose weight wasn't going to help me one iota once I begin my maintenance after I reach my goal. I am not going to avoid chocolate and chips and beer for the next 60 years of my life so why deprive myself bow? I started eating like i am already in maintenance mode with a deficit of course so that now when I reach my goal i will not rebound and the only difference will be i can eat a little bit more at each meal. Its worked for me so far as I've lost 26+ pounds at a rate of about a pound a week which is exactly what I was aiming for. Slow and steady wins the race. So I can't think of any thing I can STOP for Stoptober but I can START getting up earlier in the morning and getting a mile of walking in each day. Feels so much more positive to start somerhing as opposes to dropping, doesn't it?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    I am stopping stoptober....

I venture you will be unable to stop the derp train to stoptober.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    if we just stop drinking alcohol and just drink water.

while researching setting up fish tanks, for my a pet turtle, i found that all you need for life to start to grow is sunlight and water. water is the replenishing element. it brings and nourishes life.

also, it is an ancient science, the four humours are an amazing study. you can go as deep into them as you want, but the applicable lesson is the levels of fluid in your body need to be balanced to maintain good health. ergo, messing with your liver jacks up bile production and filtration of fluids. not good for the balance.

water is the oil to our engine.

who knew...setting up fish takes is the path to enlightenment?

truth is everywhere my good man :bigsmile:

So is beer. Particularly at the beefest I'm attending this weekend. Thankfully, LOTS of water in beer! Here's to enlightenment! :drinker:
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    insanity.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I'm going to stop bumping stupid posts.

Me too... wait a minute.....