Does anyone have any good chicken recipes?

amandaj81
amandaj81 Posts: 25 Member
edited November 2023 in Recipes
I need a good chicken recipe, I am a very picky eater so its hard for me to just pick something out of a cookbook w/out knowing that someone else thinks its good .can someone please help
Thanks, Amanda

Replies

• cherrySue
    cherrySue Posts: 4 Member
    Chicken with bourbon sauce

Mix 1/4 c mustard, 2 Tsp Bourbon, 1/4 c brown sugar, 1Tsp Soy sauce, 2 tsp worcheshire sauce. Heat and simmer until thicken.
    Coat chicken breast with panko and fry on olive oil. When cook through lay the chicken on a plate then pour sauce on top (or you can just drizzle the sauce in stead of pour it in).
  • Jules5541
    Jules5541 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Amanda~ Here is a very close to my heart chicken recipe that my father got back in the seventies from one of the ladies he used to work with out in Los Angeles.

It's called African Chicken If you like curry you will love this recipe. Take a famil;y size pack of chicken thighs and remove the skin, rinse well. now mix one large family size can of cream of mushroom soup, and two-3 cans tomato soup, mix thoroughly, now add 1-3 Tbsp. of curry powder depending on preferences. Once soup mixture is well combined add chicken pieces to a large baking pan, and soup mixture, covering chicken well. Bake on 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Serve over cooked Basmati rice. You'll get rave reviews.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Serves one, plus leftovers for lunch tomorrow. less than 30 min prep and cook time. Full of flavor, nutrients, and love!!!

Slice a boneless skinless chicken breast into strips or chunks.
    Place them in a bowl and squeeze half of a fresh lemon, add a few shakes of red wine vinegar, and 2 tbsp of E.V. Olive oil (Olive oil is high in GOOD fat, good for your heart and skin!!)

Now toss the chicken with dried basil and oregano. About a small palm full each. Add a little salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.

Let the chicken marinate for about 15 min, while you chop up some onions and green peppers. Now sautee the onions in EVOO or non-fat cooking spray, and add the green peppers about 2 min later.

Spred the chichen on a briol pan evenly and broil for a few min on each side. Do not pour the leftover marinade over the chicken.

Now serve with fresh feta cheese with sliced tomato on Whole wheat pita bread, or in a salad with lots of fresh veggies and a good low sugar greek dressing like Parthenon. Yum.
  • SugarBearRetired
    SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
    Apricot chicken- good and good for you!

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts- sliced to stuff
    Stuff a mixture of: slivered almonds, fresh chopped cilantro, chopped apricots, dried cranberries

After you stuff them, close them shut with toothpics (it's ok if some spills out)

Cook on 375 for about 30 minutes or so

Top with a mixture of: plain yogurt (make sure it's not vanilla), apricots, dijon mustard, sugar to taste- heat this up to warm then pour over baked chicken

Enjoy!!
  • minijewel
    minijewel Posts: 4 Member
    Sign up for Canyon Ranch's free membership and search the database for recipes. They have calories listed and everything.
  • wdeons
    wdeons Posts: 21 Member
    Mccormick makes a lot of marinades for chicken, my two favorites are the Chipolte Chicken marinade, and the buffalo chicken, I alwasy use bonless skinless chicken breast.
    these marinades come in the envelope packaging and not a jar.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    minijewel,

I love the CANYON RANCH site. Awesome suggestion - thanks!

<<<<<
    "I made you a cookie.............

.........................."but I eated it."
This discussion has been closed.