What food do you crave the most that is unhealthy?

Replies

• Cheesecakes
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Ranch fries..
    French fries with cheese, onions , bacon and ranch dressing on them, Mmmm so good !
  • nicky-westlife-chocolate-o.gif
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    pdp_cheesy_fiesta_potatoes.jpg
    Goddamn you. I wasn't even hungry until I saw this.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Anything with chocolate! :ohwell:
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Crisps - almost any flavour...and because now it is a big NO for me, am geting salmon slices from the shop (but it's a bit more ofr my budget so I really don't know how long I gonna survive)
  • dizzysmile
    dizzysmile Posts: 71 Member
    pdp_cheesy_fiesta_potatoes.jpg
    Goddamn you. I wasn't even hungry until I saw this.

Haha, I'm sorry. A pic is always enough to get me wanting it too. T_T
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Pizza is definitely one of my weaknesses! But I still eat it twice a month ... and luckily for me I live in a two story (townhouse) so I take my two slices of supreme from Pizza Hut upstairs to my bedroom (350 cal a pc) and eat them very very slowly! ... By the time Im done, The craving is gone, I feel full, I drink about 16 - 20 oz of water and Im good to go!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Nutella is still like cocaine for me.
    If I even see it I relapse like crazy.
    Only if you snort it.
    Don't snort it.

OMG this too! just the jar and a SPOON!!!! I can eat the whole thing :noway:

You eat cocaine by the spoonful? :noway:

Why do you think they call it a coke spoon?

Damn. I've been logic'd :tongue: :laugh:
  • Here's a big problem with the conventional thinking around here...nothing listed here is "bad" or "unhealthy". Demonizing food or restricting yourself from foods you love almost always turns out with the inability to adhere to any plan. The sooner people ditch antiquated, conventional thinking about food the sooner they're more likely to achieve their health and fitness goals in a sustainable and long term manner.

Then again, what do I know?

Foods can easily be bad or unhealthy considering they're both subjective terms. If you don't want to restrict foods then that's fine but It also helps many people stay in a good routine to keep certain trigger foods out of their day to day lives.

For the purposes of weight loss a calorie is generally just a calorie and reducing calories will create weight loss but weight is not synonymous with health and fitness. Different foods have different nutrient profiles and a calorie is not just a calorie when it comes to being healthy and in great shape. If someone eats 1500 calories a day from Soda, Big Macs, and Fries and someone else eats 1500 a day from lean meats, fruits and vegetables they both have the same potential for weight loss assuming all else is equal. However the second person will have a generally healthier diet and will decrease their probability of many health risks and diseases and will generally avoid excess fats, salts, sugars and the associated insulin spikes and lethargy. How you eat can definitely affect how you train as well.

And alcohol is another issue altogether when considering the dehydration and decreased testosterone.
  • PikaKnight
    Nutella is still like cocaine for me.
    If I even see it I relapse like crazy.
    Only if you snort it.
    Don't snort it.

OMG this too! just the jar and a SPOON!!!! I can eat the whole thing :noway:

You eat cocaine by the spoonful? :noway:

No I have nothing to do with cocaine actually but I can imagine the craving for Nutella could very much be like the craving one may get for cocaine if addicted. It is just a metaphor we are not promoting drug use on MFP The only addiction we have is FOOD...oops...crap.... I forgot... Food isn't an addiction apparently... bummer. Guess I'm fat for no reason.... Where the hell is my Nutella????:grumble: *grabs spoon and hides in the corner growling at anyone that comes near* Nom nom nom nom :tongue:

I'm not saying you can't be an overeater, emotional eater, etc....but what I will say that if you were to ask a recovering cocaine user about their addiction, you'd realize that it is nothing like what you think you are experiencing.
  • PikaKnight
    Think of joining our Group NO TREAT October Challenge!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16762--no-treats-october-challenge

For me, it's donuts.... and ice cream at work.

NO TREATS?!?! That's just self-loathing right there.

QFT!
    I cry for you.

^And this
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Deep dish pizza.

Deep-Dish-Pizza.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Cherries. I like the taste, but they make my throat itch, which I believe implies a negative impact on my body and thus is unhealthy for me.
  • monietrojan
    monietrojan Posts: 45 Member
    Gushers
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    peanut m&m's
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Coca Cola. I used to drink so much of it every day/week. Cutting back a lot now though, and I'm giving it up completely for October!

OMG yes!!! I have almost given it up. I have had half a can in the past 3 weeks. Not bad, but that stuff, well it's just bad for me.

Other things:
    Runza french fries
    Caramel Frappe from McDonalds
    Peanutbutter cups
    Ice Cream
    Oreos
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Poutine! hummmmmm
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Cherries. I like the taste, but they make my throat itch, which I believe implies a negative impact on my body and thus is unhealthy for me.
    That sucks for you! I have the same reaction to cantaloupe and it is a favorite of mine.

NOw for the bad for my health foods that taste so very good:
    McD's steak, egg, and cheese bagel
    Hot wings w/ lots of blue cheese dressing
    Bloomin Onion
    Red Velvet Cake
    Chocolate Cheesecake
    Sonic Peanut Butter/Chocolate Milkshake
    Goldstar Chili Cheese Dip
    those giant turkey legs found at festivals and such- I never knew they were so high in calories, I mean it is turkey after all!
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Fries...potatoes in general (boiled, mashed, baked, roasted, chips, and etc.)
    fried orange tofu - it's a dish offered at the local Vietnamese restaurant