What food do you crave the most that is unhealthy?

Replies

• jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Potato chips.
    Salt n vinegar
    Sweet chili relish
    Sour cream and chives

I want them all!
  • I had to speed read through the 5 pages of post because too many of the foods listed struck a cord w/ my, I shouldn't be eating that, taste buds.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 975 Member
    I first thought...Skyline Chili.
    Then I wondered how I did not first think of chocolate.
    And then I realized that I could not leave out chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
    BUT! Then I read about deep-fried cookie dough!!!
    Never heard of it, but now I want it!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Chocolate - I still crave chocolate but rarely have it anymore.
  • pizza, chips, anything sweet, cheese crackers ( thick brick cheese ) add mayo ...lol GRILLED cheese sandwiches. But I crave healthy foods also :)
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    dynamitas!!!!
  • Ranch fries..
    French fries with cheese, onions , bacon and ranch dressing on them, Mmmm so good !

ermagerd drool
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    cookies, cookie dough, pies and other sweet pastries ;_;
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    I've been really craving hot wings lately - not because I can't have them (OH I WILL HAVE THEM!), but because I've been too lazy and busy to get them made. Maybe next weekend.

If I ever have money again, I'm going to get actual restaurant Chinese, too! But I'll make egg rolls and maybe some orange chicken and fried rice with egg drop soup before that.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Here's a big problem with the conventional thinking around here...nothing listed here is "bad" or "unhealthy". Demonizing food or restricting yourself from foods you love almost always turns out with the inability to adhere to any plan. The sooner people ditch antiquated, conventional thinking about food the sooner they're more likely to achieve their health and fitness goals in a sustainable and long term manner.

Then again, what do I know?

For the purposes of weight loss a calorie is generally just a calorie and reducing calories will create weight loss but weight is not synonymous with health and fitness. Different foods have different nutrient profiles and a calorie is not just a calorie when it comes to being healthy and in great shape. If someone eats 1500 calories a day from Soda, Big Macs, and Fries and someone else eats 1500 a day from lean meats, fruits and vegetables they both have the same potential for weight loss assuming all else is equal. However the second person will have a generally healthier diet and will decrease their probability of many health risks and diseases and will generally avoid excess fats, salts, sugars and the associated insulin spikes and lethargy. How you eat can definitely affect how you train as well.

And alcohol is another issue altogether when considering the dehydration and decreased testosterone.

I would add that there really isn't anything that I won't still eat. Pizza, chips, wings, yes, yes, and yes. But if I only ate those things, I would either stay fat or I would be hungry all the time, because obviously they blow through a calorie budget faster. So that's the way I take these questions - not that these foods are "bad" but that they are things that I do limit so as to attain to both achieving greater health and losing weight and also to allow myself more food! However, I certainly don't feel bad for eating them - quite the opposite. I really wouldn't have it any other way!
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 270 Member
    Chips
    Ice cream - especially DQ blizzards or dipped cones. Yum.
    Poutine - anywhere!

And I work in a mall, right beside a food court.
    Everyday is a battle for me and everyday I pull through.
    Except cheat days I usually dig in haha.
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Brownies, Chicken sandwiches, Philly cheesesteak, pizza, ice cream, Wendy's burgers... I get in aLot of pain if I eat dairy or sugary stuff so that keeps me away from a lot most of the time. But dang, chicken sandwiches and really fudgy iced brownies... I'd go crazy.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Chinese and Thai takeout! I could eat it for weeks before getting sick of it (trust me, I know from experience)

also! autumn is the big baking season for me... I dreeeeeam about all my apple and pumpkin breads and confections all year. I guess my recipes aren't necessarily "unhealthy" as I try to use whole, unrefined ingredients as best I can, but I wouldn't exactly call them low-cal and they are definitely the types of items that are very difficult for me to stop at one serving... it just won't be autumn without them, so i'm gonna have to come up with a new strategy this year.
  • Asparagus-for best flavor results get the spears over 3/8" diameter-the fatter the better flavor. those little skinny ones have no flavor!!!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Asparagus-for best flavor results get the spears over 3/8" diameter-the fatter the better flavor. those little skinny ones have no flavor!!!

Aw man, now I'm craving asparagus!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Ben n Jerrys S'mores ice cream (hard to find). I don't eat it often - usually when I get it I'll eat the whole pint and promptly crap my brains out a few hours later :)

Pumpkin pie is another one that I find hard to resist.

Dumplings too
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Red velvet cake, pizza and barbeque chicken nachos!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Cheese Fries with ranch and ice cream.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    POUTINE

Lots of cheese curds plz