Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Replies

• castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    (I'm 4'9" short, but not a "dwarf")

"Dwarf" doesn't just refer to short-statured people who have disproportionately short arms and legs (achondroplasia). The old medical name for growth hormone deficiency is "pituitary dwarfism."

I was told as a child that midgets were proportional, dwarfs were disproportional; but since then, the term "midget" has been declared politically incorrect and offensive, and "little person" or "dwarf" should be used instead.
    Q: What is the definition of dwarfism?

A: Little People of America (LPA) defines dwarfism as a medical or genetic condition that usually results in an adult height of 4'10" or shorter, among both men and women, although in some cases a person with a dwarfing condition may be slightly taller than that.The average height of an adult with dwarfism is 4’0, but typical heights range from 2’8 to 4’8.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    You sure move fast for a pregnant girl. Or when are you due. Second comment after I had lost 40 lbs
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    I had a guy say that my legs, my friend's butt, and my other friend's boobs would make the perfect girl. Apparently we were all less than perfect as is. Also apparent: the perfect girl is headless.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    One of my wife's friends once told me " You're were awesome, but you're too loud when you orgasm." WTH??

...Uh... I hope they were VERY drunk when they admitted that to you. :noway:
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Friend of my brother's from HS who I haven't seen in quite awhile:

Guy: Hey Mare, you look good.
    Me: Thanks!
    Guy: Ya know, alot of people get weird with compliments, now I'm not trying to get in your pants or anything like that"

So, I look good but not good enough to bang? Fabulous.

i wouldn't take that 1 badly actually ... chances are that he was thinking along those lines at that point. Just the mention of in your pants when he didn't need to say it. Far easier to say something else more polite to backtrack from a possible come on

or making sure he didn't make you feel uncomfortable in case you received a possible pass when it wasn't intended

Chances are he left that out there , for you to say why not...

Could just as well be way of base but I wouldn't take that badly
  • ElikaCousland
    ElikaCousland Posts: 62 Member
    I'm sure it's been said a million times, but "You have such a pretty face." UGH! WHY do people feel the need to specify face - can't you just say I'm pretty? Wouldn't want the fatty to get any ideas I guess.

"You're cute." - the worst thing you can hear from a guy you're into. No one wants to sleep with the cute girl.

"You look so good now! Before you were all like *puff out cheeks, make gut shape with arms, waddle*"
  • DRJ311
    DRJ311 Posts: 58 Member
    This actually came from a friend of mine who is deaf and I hadn't seen her in a couple years:
    (Picture someone doing a puffy fish face with their cheeks puffed out while pointing at you, and emphasizing your roundness)
    Yeah. That one hurt more than words!!
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    From my first love... "You're so much fun to hang around with...you're like one of the guys".

OOOOUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
  • You look like you're from the Jersey Shore.
  • A guy I dated (for a very short time) said "Your body is so sexy, if only you lost your stomach,you would have guys lining up to date you!!"
    ...what a jerk!!
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    You look like Delta Burke.

I swore never to dye my hair black again.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    You look like Delta Burke.

I swore never to dye my hair black again.

You do kind of look like her but I think she's lovely. She has such amazing cheek bones and a great heart shaped face.
  • a male co-worker who was actually trying to make me feel better when I was still on the single scene:

"Looks aren't everything and you're a really great person!"

....................... :ohwell:
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Friend of my brother's from HS who I haven't seen in quite awhile:

Guy: Hey Mare, you look good.
    Me: Thanks!
    Guy: Ya know, alot of people get weird with compliments, now I'm not trying to get in your pants or anything like that"

So, I look good but not good enough to bang? Fabulous.

i wouldn't take that 1 badly actually ... chances are that he was thinking along those lines at that point. Just the mention of in your pants when he didn't need to say it. Far easier to say something else more polite to backtrack from a possible come on

or making sure he didn't make you feel uncomfortable in case you received a possible pass when it wasn't intended

Chances are he left that out there , for you to say why not...

Could just as well be way of base but I wouldn't take that badly

I still wish he would have just left it at Mare, you look good! :smile:
  • The one I never got.
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Its Bella
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    That I have a nice name and its the name of their Dog and that i remind them of their dog.. yea ive had that one soo many times. Yea the last lady was like omg your just like my dog.. omg so not a compliment mmkay even if u love your dog its not ok.

Begs the question what IS your name... is it something like Lulu or Fifi?? :huh:

My name is Bella but because of all the OMG THAT'S MY DOGS NAME 'COMPLIMENTS' I tell everyone my name is Belle
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Here's another .. 'you aren't THAT fat'. Was supposed to be
    a compliment but it sounded so harsh.
  • When a Gay guy says " Damn who's this handsome guy? "

:mad: :explode: :angry:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    When a Gay guy says " Damn who's this handsome guy? "

:mad: :explode: :angry:

But if he's picky, that's a good compliment.:wink: