Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Replies

• 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    "You're Heather's sister? She's so pretty with her long curly hair and you guys don't even look alike. I would have never thought you were sisters." My sister had long dark hair with green eyes, and I was a blonde haired, blue eyed girl with freckles.
  • "Look at you! You're not *as* fat! "
  • I *have* gotten the age one. "Wow, you don't look like you could have a kid that old." Which actually *almost* makes me feel good. LOL

"You know, if you lost a little weight, you'd almost be as pretty as your cousin. I bet you'd get dates, too!'

But my favorite:

"You know, if your boobs were bigger, you'd actually be able to attract some decent guys, you're pretty enough."

.... Thanks.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    My bosses wife on the first day she met me "You look like a typical good looking a-hole stay away from my sister"

Oh and "You clean up nice" so normally I'm a piece of S#*T?
    :noway:
  • After being intimate with a guy I was dating years ago he rolled near me kissing my tummy and said: " I just love your womanly curves and stretch marks, it's like a road map to life." Needless to say that ended up being a one stander. Who says that? That's like me saying: " sweetie I just love your half going bald head. You remind me of. George from seinfeld."
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    A few...

" You should have more self esteem, I actually think big girls are really hot!" Oh, gee...thanks. I think the part I hate the most about this statement is the word "actually", as though I'm so unattractive to the masses because I've got some weight on me!

"You're not fat, you're curvy!" The fact that they felt the need to share this lets me know that they think I'm fat. haha

"You would be such a pretty girl if you would lose some weight,especially in your hips." My grandmother everybody! When I visit, she shows me how to do leg lifts. I love her, so she can get away with it.

" You would be hot if you would dress yourself up and wear makeup." This gem was from a new guy in my martial arts class...during class.
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    After being intimate with a guy I was dating years ago he rolled near me kissing my tummy and said: " I just love your womanly curves and stretch marks, it's like a road map to life." Needless to say that ended up being a one stander. Who says that? That's like me saying: " sweetie I just love your half going bald head. You remind me of. George from seinfeld."

OMG the road map to life oh em gee ROFL!
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    After being intimate with a guy I was dating years ago he rolled near me kissing my tummy and said: " I just love your womanly curves and stretch marks, it's like a road map to life." Needless to say that ended up being a one stander. Who says that? That's like me saying: " sweetie I just love your half going bald head. You remind me of. George from seinfeld."

I think this comment is genuinely sweet. It's kind of like a handmade bowl; the little imperfections make it charming and interesting. I tell my boyfriend that I like his balding head and troll hair. : ) Maybe I'm a terrible person.

How about, "You have cold, animalistic eyes." I get this from people because my blue eyes have gold/green striations/flecks.
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    "She's still pretty even though her face is chubby." <---What some guy said about me. :grumble:
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    A guy I dated (for a very short time) said "Your body is so sexy, if only you lost your stomach,you would have guys lining up to date you!!"
    ...what a jerk!!

Wow yeah. That's not only rude but also really ignorant. It's not like you can choose to just lose from your stomach and everything else will stay the same.
  • @ healthyandfit: He qualified for an authentic madea whoopass beat down on that one. :) I think you're sexy. Prince made a song about you. I think it was: "you sexy m... " oops you get the point. Lol
  • After being intimate with a guy I was dating years ago he rolled near me kissing my tummy and said: " I just love your womanly curves and stretch marks, it's like a road map to life." Needless to say that ended up being a one stander. Who says that? That's like me saying: " sweetie I just love your half going bald head. You remind me of. George from seinfeld."

OMG the road map to life oh em gee ROFL!

:)

I think this comment is genuinely sweet. It's kind of like a handmade bowl; the little imperfections make it charming and interesting. I tell my boyfriend that I like his balding head and troll hair. : ) Maybe I'm a terrible person.

How about, "You have cold, animalistic eyes." I get this from people because my blue eyes have gold/green striations/flecks.

Nah I don't think you are terrible at all. For me it was just a moment of huge sucketh muchly. I mean not only did I not have that toe curling experience as a woman should in the throws of passion but that comment was more like... a fart to my face... at that time mind you. But now I'm a big girl. The game I show you mine if you show me yours can be fun. Lol
  • kfalcon23
    kfalcon23 Posts: 23 Member
    I was at the bank 6 weeks after having my 4th child. The teller asked for my ID. She looked at the weight on it and said

teller "you've gained a lot of weight since this picture was taken, huh?"

me; "ummm, yeah..."

teller; ' Well it looks like you gained it in all the right places"

Nah I don't think you are terrible at all. For me it was just a moment of huge sucketh muchly. I mean not only did I not have that toe curling experience as a woman should in the throws of passion but that comment was more like... a fart to my face... at that time mind you. But now I'm a big girl. The game I show you mine if you show me yours can be fun. Lol

Ps about the cold animalistic eyes comment.... ever considered you in red latex and high heels to test that theory. Lol it might be handy..lol you are alright by me chica!
  • "Are you pregnant?! Your boobs have gotten HUGE!" Umm, do I look pregnant to you? Thanks....:explode:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    "Wow you're actually kind of pretty without glasses on." :explode:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    "If you were skinnier, you'd look like your older brother. He's hot."
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Oh man, you've got a fascinating mind, an interesting career, a great dog, and an impressive package.

It's really getting old.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    This wasn't so much a compliment rather than just an incredibly rude thing to say to someone you don't know..

"You've gained weight. I thought you were losing weight last time I saw you but no."

Said to me by some chick that lived in my apartment complex while I was outside, in front of everyone, a few months after giving birth to my son. So embarrassing, I wanted to smack her in the face. She is chubby herself mind you. More than I was at the time.