Ladies: PMS and eating. I. Can't. Stop.

Does anyone else have this problem? One week out of the month and my will power goes out the friggin window. Tack that on to the bloating and other pleasantries it drives me insane thinking I've gone backwards. Any advice?

Replies

• I seem to have the same problem!! I've found that it's best to not even have any 'treats' in the house because I know I'll pig out. When you're having a craving, before you reach for food, force yourself to stop, count to 10 & ask yourself how bad you really want it & think about your goal. Usually this causes me to not eat it or to just have a little (like 5 m&ms instead of 1/2 a bag haha) I know it's easier said than done but you can do it!!!
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Difficult but it passes!! I stay away from the kitchen and chant NO! NO! NO! to myself when I'm tempted. Also helps to think about how far I've come by not giving into temptations...anything I could possibly want to eat at that moment is not worth the feeling I get when the scale moves up :sad: Good Luck!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Yes. You. Can.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    I've always wondered about that phenomenon. It used to seem to me that I would definitely eat more in the days before, but then have less of an appetite for a few days after. It seemed like it evened out at any rate, because I my weight stayed pretty stable throughout those years.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    i don't think anyone has ever had this problem.
  • Mgsilve
    Mgsilve Posts: 24
    I try to find a healthier alternative. Like, I NEED chocolate around that time. So I make hot cocoa with unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia, and light whipped cream. It helps quell the chocolate cravings.
  • omariea
    omariea Posts: 11
    This sounds crazy, but chewing gum really helps my cravings. It takes my mind off of the eating and helps me focus on other things! But I feel your pain sister, believe me...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Does anyone else have this problem? One week out of the month and my will power goes out the friggin window. Tack that on to the bloating and other pleasantries it drives me insane thinking I've gone backwards. Any advice?
    For me it came down to not eating the stuff that triggered the cravings. At ALL. Most folks don't go that route, but that's what worked for me (for the past 10-12 years).

Good luck figuring out what works for you!
  • Factory_Reset
    Oh FFS OP, you are a special snowflake

*confetti and unicorns for you*
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

PMSing?

Clearly.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    If a craving is bad, I eat exactly what I am craving. I end up eating less that way than if I tried to eat a "healthier" alternative. Once I actually get what I am craving, I don't want as much, If I get rid of a chocolate craving with my dark Lindt chocolate, I only want a square or two. If I try to have a mini size Hershey's, I end up eating the whole bag because the craving never goes away. If I want salty buttery popcorn, I get salty buttery popcorn and don't leave the butter off. I eat more trying to satisfy the craving if I get the non butter type than I would have if I just got what I wanted to begin with.

That might just be me though.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member

Stick to your diary and eat what you're supposed to? I dunno. Sounds like a good idea to me.
  • Factory_Reset

PMSing?

Clearly.

nope. Not even a little.

But good guess

:flowerforyou:
  • NinjaMaid
    NinjaMaid Posts: 48 Member
    I drink Green Tea like crazy. It seems to help suppress appetite. I also don't buy junk food. So when I have the urge to binge I have fruit or Greek yogurt.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    just break up
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member

Beat me too it.... :drinker:
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    I know right? I become a bottomless pit for a week \o/ and I don't even feel full at any point.. weird. I still log my food though and TRY to keep it healthier, snack on veggies or whatever.
  • M_Jo
    M_Jo Posts: 80 Member
    Thanks for the ideas and support....most of you. I usually try to keep the things I eat healthy such as grapes or cauliflower but it seems like I still end up opening the fridge trying to find something else.

Sorry to have posted the obvious. Was just hoping to gripe a bit. Thanks everyone!
  • amy_lynn_522
    amy_lynn_522 Posts: 55 Member
    I become a bottomless pit for a week during that time. I crave EVERYTHING. I just try to stay within my portions. I know that when the chocolate craving hits I go with chocolate soy milk... 150 calories for a cup... seems to work for me.
  • M_Jo
    M_Jo Posts: 80 Member
    oooo that's a good idea!