ever met a famous person face to face?

doc19822
doc19822 Posts: 83 Member
In the late 80's I was traveling around as a Dead Head. (I always thot I looked like a mix of Jerry Garcia & Tommy Chong) In San Francisco their stage collapsed breaking my left leg. So here I was in downtown San fran and a black BMW pulls up and Carley Simon climbs out!
She asked me about my leg and I told her about it, and right there in the middle of the afternoon she sang Anticipation to me and my leg! Carley you will always have a special place in my heart!

So you have any stories to share?

Replies

• iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    The trailer park boys many times.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    2vun60z.jpg

I've met a ton but Norman Reedus aka Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead is one of my faves!!
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    yea a Neighbours actor, hope you guys know what Neighbours is LOL Im sure UK people will =)

We kissed so im not disclosing his name =P lol
  • dylsmom99
    dylsmom99 Posts: 32 Member
    im a set medic,, i meet celebrities everyday.. (:
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    2vun60z.jpg

I've met a ton but Norman Reedus aka Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead is one of my faves!!
    And the thread is over, just after it began...
    I've met Edge (the pro wrestler) before. Nice guy.
  • KAF711
    KAF711 Posts: 165 Member
    Stephen Lynch
  • thinfitfabulous
    thinfitfabulous Posts: 84 Member
    Beau mirchoff, alec baldwin, ryan gosling, kendra, kenny chesney

And those were not at meet and greets- just on the street ! Haha people always say how i must have a celebrity sensor lol
  • ijohn001
    ijohn001 Posts: 166
    We didn't actually meet, but i was in a crowd scene of A League of Their Own with Tom Hanks, Rosie O'Donnell, Madonna and Rita Petty.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    2vun60z.jpg

I am seething with jealousy over this...so lucky! :)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    In my previous life, I was a journalist and got to interview a bunch of athletes. Probably the the coolest one though - and one I will always remember since I was just a rookie at the time and he was so nice - was former University of Texas coach Darrell Royal. Very, very nice and genuine and respectful. I became a big fan of his that day.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I met Jerry the King Lawler at a comic con once... I am not really celebrity struck lol
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    2vun60z.jpg

I am seething with jealousy over this...so lucky! :)

LMAO I was seething too just not with jealousy :love:
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Used to work in film & tv, so I've met tons of actors, and some singers and the like. My favorites would have to be Angela Lansbury & Peter O'Toole.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    My fiance saved Neil Gaiman from a drunk on NYE. This dude was like hanging on him and being obnoxious and my fiance got between them so Neil could breathe. Also met Amanda Palmer.
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    I waited on Jake Gyllenhaal when I was a server at Applebee's. He was in my small town filming Jarhead at the time- very nice guy... and I was a nervous wreck. LOL!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Does he count? :tongue:

sinbad.jpg
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    I've met:

Rick James - He was a douche.
    Richard Simmons - Nice guy and apparently really does dress like that
    Stevie Ray Vaughn and Joe Cocker - They were pretty cool, drank a Grand Marnier with them.

I used to work at a Hotel with a restaurant and bar.

ETA - Had a brief discussion with a very drunk Tara Reid who was pissed at her boyfriend at the time.
  • doc19822
    doc19822 Posts: 83 Member
    I wish I knew how to post pictures here. A friend of mine who is a artist and I met Jerry once. My friend had made a charcture of him and Jerry signed it "To the second greatest artist in the world, I am the first!" I guess jerry is very talented
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I had a photo taken with Charleton Heston, after working security for an event he was attending in my state.
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Diego Klattenhoff from Homeland and The Blacklist...he's my daughter's brother in law.