ever met a famous person face to face?

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    I've met quite a few bands...AFI, Horrorpops, Tiger Army, VersaEmerge. And I met the cast of Glee years ago and also Robert Pattinson b/c the company I used to work for did autograph signings for fans. I plan on meeting Tom Felton and John Barrowman this weekend at a local comic con.

NY Comic Con?
  • 2vun60z.jpg

I've met a ton but Norman Reedus aka Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead is one of my faves!!

I hate you.

Lucky. :(
  • I've met quite a few bands...AFI, Horrorpops, Tiger Army, VersaEmerge. And I met the cast of Glee years ago and also Robert Pattinson b/c the company I used to work for did autograph signings for fans. I plan on meeting Tom Felton and John Barrowman this weekend at a local comic con.

Not cool. *jealous*

I want to meet John Barrowman. Sexy gay man.
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Evander Holyfield, a few days after Mike Tyson nibbled on his ear.
    Tisha Campbell on the set of Linc's, Pam Grier, Tim Reid.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Rob Lowe and also the cast of Haven.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    I dreamt last night that Janet Jackson hired me as a dancer in her next tour, and Will Smith was my dance partner. Does that count?:wink: ~Not sure what that dream was all about.....hmmm....

In my line of work I have met many....too many to list. But I think the first "famous" person I met was on spring break, daytona 1990. I partied with Danny Bonaduce ( patridge family)....passed out for a few minutes, and woke up to him trying to get all kissy face with me. Later that night he was apparently arrested for posession of cocaine. Thank God he tried to kiss me....which sent me fleeing in the opposite direction!!

My fave celeb is David Schwimmer. I worked with him on a movie he directed. He is such an awesome, hardworking guy. I love to meet people that really earn my respect!!!
  • RockabillyHellKat
    RockabillyHellKat Posts: 18 Member
    I've met quite a few bands...AFI, Horrorpops, Tiger Army, VersaEmerge. And I met the cast of Glee years ago and also Robert Pattinson b/c the company I used to work for did autograph signings for fans. I plan on meeting Tom Felton and John Barrowman this weekend at a local comic con.

NY Comic Con?

Dallas Comic Con: Fan Days. :)
  • My boyfriend and I met this little guy.

photo_zpsfd24644f.jpg
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member

NY Comic Con?

Dallas Comic Con: Fan Days. :)

Nice. My fiance is going to NYCC for business purposes and networking.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    I used to be a park ranger, and I gave a ranger talk to Sean Penn and his family without recognizing him. Found out later who it was when the gift shop lady was all like OMG and the poor guy got mobbed for autographs and stuff. Honestly I barely knew who he was and hadn't seen any of his movies, but still it's not something that happens every day.

Just met Rashawn Ross from Dave Matthews Band. He showed up to our small town as a guest artist with the university jazz band and they put together a jam session. Fiance was a bit more excited than I was (he LOVES DMB) but it was still cool and he is a really nice guy. Jeff Coffin has also been up here and fiance met him at that point and I guess he's going to be back again in January or so.

993732_10202035607358924_1760750958_n.jpg
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    I shook hands with Jim Irsay, of the Indianapolis Colts, who sat next to us at a Jackson Browne concert, nice guy, weak handshake.

don't know if this counts, but was stranded at an airport in Arkansas ( United Airlines went on strike), when there was quite a commotion, a crowd of people pushing and shoving, and forming a circle around this man, photographers snapping his pics, and I pushed my way to near the front and saw this man, well dressed, gray hair and very charismatic. Who was he, I asked. "Governor Clinton"--he is very popular governor of this state. I never heard of him. I was more worried about getting home, than checking out some obscure politician....little did I know.

also sited John Mellencamp at a bar in Bloomington, IN many many years ago....my girl friend knew who he was but I didn't recognize him ...I think that he recorded a record or two but not really famous at that time.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    I met Dave Matthews. He is amazing!

Not too long ago, Matt Damon can to Lincoln becuase his nephew is attending college here as a freshman. Ran into him at a resturant my office mates and I were eating at. He was very cool and so laid back. He liked the resturant so much he went back again for supper.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    I met Dave Matthews. He is amazing!

I'm pretty sure that my fiance would have a heart attack and die after ****ting his pants. At this point he's met all the members except Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds, though he's been to so many concerts it probably sort of counts.
  • btwinkles
    btwinkles Posts: 54 Member
    Luther Vandross and Patti Austin on a Jazz Cruise in NYC
    Jack Nicholson right near my job
    Anthony Anderson (from Kangaroo Jack et al)
    and I was starstruck seeing Idris Elba downtown brooklyn once during "The Wire" days.
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    When I was a child, the lead singer of Air Supply.
    Matt Damon - New Years Eve back in I believe 2001. (more like I RAN into him, literally ;/ )

Aside from that, only famous tattoo artists.
  • OnlyICanDoIt
    OnlyICanDoIt Posts: 31 Member
    I met Bob Costas and I didn't even know who he was. My boss is friends with him, and for being 'employee of the month', I was able to meet him and have dinner with him. He said "Hi" and then talked to my boss the whole time.
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    I was working at a McDonalds yrs ago as a cashier next to the interstate. Busta Rhymes came in with his huge body guard.All the young girls working were giggling and staring and whispering... he was very obnoxious and rude even tho no one said one word to him. I wasn't impressed. Of course I was never a fan to begin with. I had no clue it was him till someone told me.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Sure! I work as a movie extra and have met some famous people that way. Also, I was a groupie in the late 80's, so I partied with some bands, too. I've met a lot of politicians, musicians and actors in my life, too many to count, really.

Although crazy, Ted Nugent was probably the most different in person than his public persona. He was a total gentleman, which surprised me. Professional athletes are always the douchiest.*

*ETA: I was on a cruise ship with Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman. He was a very humble and kind man. We were sitting next to each other on our way to tour some Incan ruins, and a drunk idiot leans over and asks him if he works out. Being a little drunk myself, I just laughed out loud at the question. Ronnie was polite and just said that he was a professional trainer. Dude was a total class act.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Yeah, some title holder from UFC. I dunno who he is, but his manager was wanting to practice his Italian, and we new the owner of the restaurant we were at, she took us to the velvet rope VIP section and we spent the whole night talking and drinking wine with them. The fighters wife was giving me the glare of death all night, but the men were nice. And Pee Wee Herman, and Sinbad and Tim McGraw but those were all quick

Edit.. I forgot I bowled with the pitcher of the Cardinals, he bowled so fast I asked him if he ever considered playing baseball . Lol.. no one told me who he was until the next day
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Yes, Patrick Swayze, who was at the Egyptian Event showing his horses. I used to go to that show every year. We talked about his beautiful chestnut Egyptian Arabian stallion, Tammen ( more important topic than his movie career, as far as I was concerned.)