Those who own a rebounder/mini-trampoline...

What brand rebounder do you have? Do you like it? I am debating whether to get one or not. If I do decide to buy one, how much should I spend? Do I buy a cheaper version like the Pure Fun brand or do I go all out and buy a Cellerciser or Bellicon?

Replies

• dawndm88
    dawndm88 Posts: 23 Member
    Can anyone help me out?
  • Sorry I cant help much,I just bought a cheap $20 one from Ross Dress for Less store.Does its job though and its lasted a couple years now plus my 3 yr old loves it too.
  • dawndm88
    Thank you.
  • dawndm88
    Anyone else have any helpful information?
  • S_of_Montreal
    S_of_Montreal Posts: 37 Member
    I have the Cellerciser. It's great. I love it. Since you bounce for a while on this this, I thought of security first. So I bought this brand because it was the safest one.
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    instead of bouncing, why don't you lift heavy weights?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    I have an urban rebounder that I bought years ago from the infomercial for $100. Ya know, it actually got a fair deal of use with me exercising with the DVDs it came with, until I moved to a second floor apartment. One of the things the instructor mentioned in the video was that this particular brand was meant to have your feet push the floor away, not bounce up and down on it.
  • I bought a mini trampoline at walmart not too long ago. My kids loved it but it was 'too tight' for me to enjoy. Its hard to explain but there was no give? Maybe there suppose to feel that way I don't know but I didn't like how my knee's felt on it so I took it back.:ohwell:

I've heard the more you spend on one the better quality you get - makes sense.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • snsmyth
    snsmyth Posts: 36
    We have a ReboundAir. It is great fun to work out on. The DVDs that came with it are horrible though. It was an expensive purchase, but it strong enough to hold my husband's weight. It also folds into quarters.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    I wish I could help. I have one. Have had it for about 25 years. It still works. But, no idea who made it and I doubt the pricing from back then would help you. I do know that you need to stretch your feet and calves a lot before using it or you risk developing painful tootsies and plantar fasciatis.
  • Mangolassi260
    Mangolassi260 Posts: 15 Member
    I bought an UrbanRebounder from NBC.com last year. Love it! My favorite winter exercise is jogging, high knee kicks, slalom, twists, jumping jacks all for an hour while watching a movie on Netflix! Soooo good for the body too! It's a total body workout. You can feel all your abs working, too. Great for increasing blood flow, the lymphatic system, boosting immunity, etc. Kids love it too. My 5 yr old daughter hosed two bungee-style mini-tramps. Springs are way better!
  • Mangolassi260
    Mangolassi260 Posts: 15 Member
    Also, this week Aldi has a spring-based mini-tramp (36 inch) for 24.99. Got one for a friend of mine who doesn't want to spend a lot. Will be interested to see how she likes it. She can't do anything too vigorous due to hip issues, but it might be good for light jogging for her.
  • I am UK based and have had a rebounder which is made by "Body Sculpture" for over 10 years. Bought it from Argos. It has been stashed in the garage, under the bed and been used in the house and in the garden and is still going! As I read your post, I just went and dragged it out of the garage and will start using it again now that I am back on here. It's great exercise! I have a bad back at the moment so can't do anything high impact, so this is perfect.
  • I bought an UrbanRebounder from NBC.com last year. Love it! My favorite winter exercise is jogging, high knee kicks, slalom, twists, jumping jacks all for an hour while watching a movie on Netflix! Soooo good for the body too! It's a total body workout. You can feel all your abs working, too. Great for increasing blood flow, the lymphatic system, boosting immunity, etc. Kids love it too. My 5 yr old daughter hosed two bungee-style mini-tramps. Springs are way better!

"Like" button :wink: