SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Replies

• jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    2:31:48 was my time! Thanks for the well-wishes! I burned 1433 calories too so yay!

Well done Kate! Fabulous effort!
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Sunday week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    151 minutes running/1433 calories (30/30/45 to go) (1000 calorie burn for the week achieved!)

#2 - REPS - This is Always IN ADDITION to your workout times
    abs! But none yet! (400 reps to go)

#3 - Focus on Flexibility -
    I want to be able to hold a bridge (wheel pose for those yoga fans out there) for 20 seconds. Right now I can only make it to about 5.

#4 - CHOOSE a habit you would like to change
    My coworker has a big bowl of M&Ms at his desk that I munch on throughout the day. My goal is to stop munching!!!

#5 - CHOOSE a New Good Habit or Hobby!!
    Getting to the gym 3x/wk to continue NROLFW! I was going to start back up again today but I am so sore from the run yesterday that I decided to give my body some time to rest instead. And I want to start logging my food more, that always helps me.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 762 Member
    Sunday week 1

#1 - WORKOUT - 80 minutes( 50 minutes Zumba, 30 minutes Yoga)

Calories Burned - 632

#2 - REPS - Upper body (arms and shoulders)

25 Pushups

Lately I am so tight. I want to be able to do a downward dog with my heels firmly on the ground.

I have a bunch of those, but by the end of the 13 weeks, I want to be completely smoke free (again)

I'll have to think about this one some more.....

Looks like we're off to a good start! I'm going to try to go for a 30 minute walk today to knock out one of the 30 minute workouts. I have to work my part-time tonight so I won't have time to do much. I will try to knock out a few more reps today before I go in.

Oh and @kateflourishes: Great time and burn!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Hey everybody! I'm Pam, which you can see from my completely unimaginative username!

This is my third one of Sheri's challenges...I did really good on the first one...not so great on the second...and I am REALLY looking forward to "killing" this one (as Sheri says!)

I am 43; the year I turned 40, I weighed my highest ever - 145 (a lot at for me at 5'1".) Last winter, I got down to 107.8 - :O...
    But now, (I'm ashamed to say) I'm back up to 124.4. So...I know what I'm capable of, and I really need to learn how to maintain! (Any advice would be welcomed!) I have never been athletic, so consistency with working out is a real issue for me and why these challenges help me so much! I also *really* like to eat...too much! :(

I have a **wonderful** husband and four kids - my daughter is 24, married for 13 months and has already given me a grandson! And I have three boys at home, aged 21, 14, and 12. I am primarily a homemaker and homeschooler, but I also make and sell raw-milk soaps and other natural body-care products. And I teach classes on making these products at the John C. Campbell Folk School in North Carolina. (This is where I met Melissa, aka 'barkingbetty' !!! <3)

So, here's my report from yesterday:
    Sunday week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    109 min total (basketball 15 min, tennis 60 min, yoga 34 min)
    I'll count this as my '60 min,' but the total calorie burn is 522
    2x 30 minutes - 1x 45 minutes - 1x 60 minutes

I'm choosing lower body, but none yet

haven't decided

OVER this week you need to.....
    haven't decided...this is HARD!

haven't decided!

Man, I'm really indecisive...gotta get busy on this stuff!

I'm *REALLY* excited to be a SHARK again, and I sooooo want us to do GREAT!!!
    It's nice to meet you all, and I look forward to working with you toward our common goals!
    <3
  • jaajh
    Kateflourishes and smlisley - I just entered your stats on the chart, but wasn't sure if you did the 5 minutes stretching on Sunday, or just chose your flexibility goal. We have to do 5 minutes on THREE days this week. If Sunday was one of the days you did your 5 minutes, let me know and I'll put that on the chart. For now I left that space blank.

Thanks!

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • jaajh

I'm *REALLY* excited to be a SHARK again, and I sooooo want us to do GREAT!!!
    It's nice to meet you all, and I look forward to working with you toward our common goals!
    <3

So glad you are back on the team where you belong Pam :wink: Glad to not have to compete against you this time :happy:
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 762 Member
    Kateflourishes and smlisley - I just entered your stats on the chart, but wasn't sure if you did the 5 minutes stretching on Sunday, or just chose your flexibility goal. We have to do 5 minutes on THREE days this week. If Sunday was one of the days you did your 5 minutes, let me know and I'll put that on the chart. For now I left that space blank.

Thanks!

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!

Sorry, I just chose what I'm going to work on (I decided during Yoga yesterday) I did not do the 5 minutes of stretching on Sunday.
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Monday week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    33 mins cycling and circuit training/ calorie burn 336 cals (30/45 to go)

I have chosen cardio reps this week.
    J/jacks x 50, High knees x 50, Bum kicks x50, skaters x25, jump lunges x30, jump rope x100. Total 305 (35 reps to go)

Try to touch my toes. I did not get to work on this today.

I need to stop staying up and mindlessly watching TV till very late. I need to prioritise getting sleep into my routine.

I have not done this yet.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Howdy folks! Well I am following along the best that I can with every one. I didn't see the points system up quite yet and Sheri and I are trying to come up with a better measurement system for me since mine are gonna be a wee bit warped hehehe :) If any one has any ideas let us know cause we are drawing a blank at the moment. Way to go sharks! Love this team and love this motivation!

Sunday week 1 -

Walking 45 mins

Calories burned 150

No reps

No stretching

Posted 4 & 5 below

Sorry had to edit this realized i posted it wrong lol guess i'm rusty!

Monday week 1

#1 - WORKOUT - 30 mins Elliptical

Calories Burned - 200

#2 - REPS - Upper body - 25 bicep curls,, 25 tricep kick backs, 25 army press, 25 v flys.
    Lower body 25 - squats, 25 sumo squats, Core- 25 penguin taps (each side) 25 - lying toe taps

WIth being pregnant I have been trying to do more prenatal yoga and have a pretty hard time with all of it lol -- After re reading this i realized i need to choose something lol I think working on my cat cow would be best because it's horrible right now and i need to relax and strengthen those muscles :)

My husband I are working on not enabling one anothers bad binge eating habits, Instead of just caving to junk I want to be able to hold my own and make healthy decisions.

I want to develop healthy cooking skills (lemme know if this doesn't count) i love to cook and bake but my skills are not in a healthy fashion i love comfort food and I would like to polish my cooking skills to encompass healthy foods and techniques. :)

If I remember the points from last time (if we are doing them I need to re read things) I've done my water points, 1 pt work out, I can't do sit ups :( hehehe :)

Way to go sharks!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Hi All! My name in Melissa and I am 28 years old. This is my 3rd challenge of Sherri's. The first one was a huge success and so was the second one until I got sick or was injured, can't remember which. Since then things have been pretty down hill for me fitness wise and I know I need to kick it into gear again.

I am dragging myself into this challenge kicking and screaming it feels like, but I am doing it because I know that by following the "Sherri Plan" I will feel so much better and more confident in myself. I will also gain myself. Plus I love my Sharks and don't want to let them down. So I may not be very active on the boards for awhile, but by golly I will complete the challenges every week, even if there are a few temper tantrums thrown while I'm completing the challenges. I'm a bit stubborn and will complete what I say I will complete.

Will be back to report my Monday workouts later. Unfortunately I have been in denial about this whole challenge thing all weekend so I didn't do anything about it on Sunday.
  • kristinc06837
    Hi All! My name in Melissa and I am 28 years old. This is my 3rd challenge of Sherri's. The first one was a huge success and so was the second one until I got sick or was injured, can't remember which. Since then things have been pretty down hill for me fitness wise and I know I need to kick it into gear again.

I am dragging myself into this challenge kicking and screaming it feels like, but I am doing it because I know that by following the "Sherri Plan" I will feel so much better and more confident in myself. I will also gain myself. Plus I love my Sharks and don't want to let them down. So I may not be very active on the boards for awhile, but by golly I will complete the challenges every week, even if there are a few temper tantrums thrown while I'm completing the challenges. I'm a bit stubborn and will complete what I say I will complete.

Will be back to report my Monday workouts later. Unfortunately I have been in denial about this whole challenge thing all weekend so I didn't do anything about it on Sunday.

Welcome back! I hear you on the kicking and screaming thing but I really think this team is the best group of motivators! We will keep you inspired! :)
  • pamcuster
    Hey guys! I am soooo happy to be back in 'challenge mode!' Here's my Monday:

Monday week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    79 min (Leslie Sansone 45 min; yoga 34 min)
    430 calories burned

100 lower body - 25 each of squats, plié squats, bridges, and leg lifts

5 min today...couldn't choose just one, so I'm doing forward fold & seated wide-angle

Get in the bed by 9pm at least 5 days/week! (yikes!)

still mulling this over...
  • pamcuster
    If any of our new girls need clarification, the calories that you can count toward the challenge can only come from your workout (#1) - not from your reps or stretching, etc.
    Also, we're not doing points this week (except for the measurement points)...Sheri said that she was going to be doing things a little different and would have it in place by next week.
    I guess that's all...just a couple of things that I thought I'd mention, just in case!

Oh, and I put my stuff in the chart...

Gotta show everybody this week that we're the team to beat!!! (but not let them!)
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Hello my beautiful shark friends.. I've been a bit slow off the mark with this challenge! Sorry. I aim to start today (Tuesday my time).

For those who I'm not "friends" with yet. I've had some very exciting news since signing up that is definitely going to change my participation. I'm pregnant!!

I'll update a bit later with my Tuesday stats and have a think about my new goals ♥
  • pamcuster
    Two pregnant Sharks?! I hope it's not something in the water! LOL!

I want to change the bedtime in my bad habit thingie to 9:30...nine is just too early! I will still shoot for 9pm, but I think 9:30 will prove to be challenging enough!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Two pregnant Sharks?! I hope it's not something in the water! LOL!
    :laugh:

Sunday: Nothing to report

Monday week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    62 min (Body By You (with some added pushup sets) 30 min, Zumba 32 min)
    570 calories burned
    Remaining: 30,30,45

#2 - REPS -
    Cardio- 100 jump ropes, 100 jumping jacks= 200
    Remaining:200

#3 - Focus on Flexibility - Palms flat while bending forward with legs straight
    5 min today
    Remaining: 2x5 min

???

???
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Hey everyone!

Here is my post with goals for this challenge:

(Sunday and Monday)
    #1 - WORKOUT
    stationary bike 45 minutes 314 calories and walking 30 minutes 111 calories (425 burned, 575 to go!)

I have chosen upper body reps this week.
    bicep curls with 5 lb weights - 25 per arm + 25 push ups (50 reps done, 350 to go!)

My hips are super tight and I will stretch them at least 5 minutes per day this week. I want to get knees closer to the floor when sitting in butterfly position by the end of challenge.

I have a bad habit of wanting a sweet treat every day after almost every meal, so I'm going to limit myself to having ONE sweet treat only ONE day a week. I will count candy, cake, cookies, ice cream, peanut butter and any other sweet baked good as a sweet treat!

I would like to develop a new good habit of spending at least two hours a week making art AND/OR volunteering at the animal shelter. This means that I will need to give up watching TV, surfing the Internet and other mindless activities to make time.

Have a nice evening!
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    To be a little more clear....

Flexibility - I stretched for 5 minutes on Sunday.

Upper Body reps - I did 50 reps on Sunday.
  • kristinc06837
    Hello my beautiful shark friends.. I've been a bit slow off the mark with this challenge! Sorry. I aim to start today (Tuesday my time).

For those who I'm not "friends" with yet. I've had some very exciting news since signing up that is definitely going to change my participation. I'm pregnant!!

I'll update a bit later with my Tuesday stats and have a think about my new goals ♥

Congradulations!!!! Yes it definitely puts a different set of goals in place doesn't it? LoL I love Andrea Orbecks Pregnancy sculpt dvd! Wish I would of had it from the beginning! Congrats again!

watch out sharks there's something in the water!
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member

Congradulations!!!! Yes it definitely puts a different set of goals in place doesn't it? LoL I love Andrea Orbecks Pregnancy sculpt dvd! Wish I would of had it from the beginning! Congrats again!

watch out sharks there's something in the water!

Thank you! How many pregnant sharks can we get in the next 13 weeks? lol

I'll have to look into that DVD because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing now!