DOLPHINS TEAM PAGE

Replies

• Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    @Ashley - you're smart to try it out for this week...I'm kinda doing the same with a few different things to see what IS going to be challenging BUT Also Possible! Don't want to set myself up for failure either!!

My flexibility goal is when sitting - I'd REALLY like to be able to open my legs more (without dying of pain!) and Back straight be able to get my chest close to the floor....I'd LOVE to say my goal is to get my chest to the floor but I have NO flexibility so I'm gonna work towards getting it "close"!!! I'm gonna try and measure how far I can open my legs and how far I am from the chest to floor so I can see the progress! I'm Hoping for some success here!!

And I ADDED a new person to our team so you guys can friend her please - Mahastidance - she's actually my gym partner and one of the girls I do the belly dance with! We are working on a choreography for a show in 2 weeks....thats why I had the KILLER 3 - 4 hours of dance yesterday! And Now I'm Sore!!! She's just doing the points as she doesn't need to lose any weight but wants to tone up and get into some healthy habbits in a fun competition way! Ohhh and she's Columbian and types like she talks! lol!! Sooo you'all might get a kick out of that! I know I do sometimes!!! :tongue:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Happy Monday Dolphins!

30 minutes of walking today (walked to and from PT).

15 minutes of stretching this morning before work, and another 15 minutes at PT for a total of 30 minutes stretching today. And I FEEL GREAT!

My reps this week will be lower body as I am working on strength to avoid injury while running. 72 reps of reverse lunge on slide board, 72 reps calf raises, 72 reps reverse leg extension with resistance band, 120 reps on the wobble board. :bigsmile:

I may get more minutes tonight if I get home from work in time to go for a short run.

I didn't get much by way of exercise over the weekend as I have been dealing with a stomach bug and it was all I could do to get the gardening done and housework done! My garden is almost all put away for the winter.:noway:

Any of of you experieced challengers let me know if I have missed any important points on what we are supposed to be doing. :wink:

edited to add a new exercise that I don't know what it's called. :laugh: 72 reps of a combo single leg squat with one arm row on the pulley weight machine. It was tough!
  • Sheri869
    Ohhh and my Sunday

180 minutes of dance - for roughly 932 calories...did not have my HRM on so that is a guestimate - but it was a pretty bouncy routine so we were definitely working!!

No Reps for me yesterday

I did do my 5 minutes stretching for my flex goal - OWWWWWWWWW!! I have a LONG Way to Go!!

And still working on my good and bad things for the challenge....trying to pick carefully!! ;-)
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    MY Sunday workout:

#1 60 minutes (30 on treadmill, 30 on elliptical) for a total calorie burn of 850.
    #2 No reps on Sunday
    #3 None
    #4 Cut down TV time to 7 hours weekly (I hour daily)
    #5 Get caught up on the paperwork in my home office at least 20 minutes daily.
  • Sheri869
    @Dave! Your #4 & 5 are Great!!! I am SOOOOO wanting to put down orgainzing a little each day....and it WOULD BE A Challenge....but I just don't know....you're much gutsier than I!!! :smile: That one scares me a little but boy could my room use organizing!!!

Great Workouts So Far Dolphins!!! Yay!!! Keep It Up!!!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    My effort for Monday

#1 - Workout

60 mins Calisthenics Practice (was a little more but some downtime in there) for 482 cals burned

#2 - Reps

None today.

#3 - Flexibility - included my hip stretches in the warmup and almost got my head to the ground with my legs in straddle. Woot!

#4 - Will now be - Nothing electronic (phone, laptop) after 10pm, except Kindle for reading.

#5 - Will now be - Spend 10 minutes/day cleaning out spare room which is full of all our crap, plus the endless engagement presents we seem to be receiving despite our request for no presents :)
  • Sheri869
    kelly...I love your 4 & 5 too!! See you all are coming up with the "organizing" and ALL I can think is I SOOOO Need to do that tooo....and Just Don't WANNA!!!!! :sad: BUT I KNOW I Should!!! I'm asleep by 10 pm...so your #4 would be easy for me! :laugh: Ohhh yeah....guess that wouldn't be a challenge for me!

I'm really liking what everyone is coming up with for those! I hope it helps in some way in our everyday lives!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Sheri.... you need to do it then!!! I've been putting off our spare room for MONTHS but it needs to be done and if I can get it done over the next 13 weeks, then it'll be done by the time we go on our honeymoon, ready for our new life.

Don't put it off ANY LONGER.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    SUNDAY:
    #1. 54 minutes on bike (put towards 45 minutes) to burn 508 cals (traveled 12 miles :drinker: )
    #2. I thought we could mix up reps so I did 100 tricep reps & 150 Lower Body reps = 250 total I will choose LOWER BODY if we must choose.
    #3. I did 5 minutes of full body stetching but I have always been flexible but I NEED to stretch my back more!!
    #4. I am choosing to go very little to NO sugar for 13 weeks!!
    #5. I will clean a room for 20 minutes EVERY day!!! Ohhh LOVE this one!! I cleaned yesterday for 3.5 HOURS & today for 3.5 HOURS!!

MONDAY:
    #1. 42 minutes of FOCUS T25 (put towards 30 minutes) for 368 cals. plus rode bike later 30 minutes for 255 cals. total= 623
    #2. 200 LOWER Body reps
    #3. Did 5 minutes of back stretches!
    #4. check on the Low or No sugar.
    #5. CLEANED for 3.5 HOURS!

I hope I am doing this right, please tell me if I am NOT!

Also Sheri you may want to post your rule of how you are to count your reps and stretching does not count as cal burn when we are receiving points for it etc!!!
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    I did 75 core reps tonight. 25 crunches, 25 reverse crunches, and 25 of what I call butt lifts. They definitely work your bum, but also your core. I am also going to do some pre-sleep yoga to work on my flexibility.
    Tomorrow morning I'm supposed to go on a 6 mile run, which would take care of the hour long workout. However, I will most likely not be able to shower in the morning because the ceiling in my bathroom caved in tonight. I have contacted my landlord but I have not gotten a response yet, and although I know next to nothing about any home repair things, I have a feeling this is not an easy fix. After school tomorrow I am planning on going to my parents' house where I will be able to workout and shower! But if for some reason that doesn't work out (like if the landlord needs me here) then I might have to forgo the workout tomorrow. My runs are even more important to me than this challenge, so rest assured, my 60 minute workout will be done some time this week, but depending on how things work out it may be difficult for me to get all my workouts in. And since I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone I can't even realistically plan ahead. Reps are easy to fit in, so I'll definitely keep chipping away at them. Only a little at a time so I don't have to shower after though. hahaha
    I just thought I'd keep you guys updated!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    SUNDAY:
    #1. none
    #2. 25 core
    #3. I did 5 minutes of stretching just not sure what I want it to be for the challenge yet was thinking lifting up higher with a crunch, but I think that would be more of strength, hmmm!!
    #4. Still thinking
    #5. Still thinking

MONDAY:
    #1. 101 (takes care of the 60) minutes walk/run in hills (hrm) 1868
    #2. 25 core
    #3. 5 minutes
    #4. stop running late and rushing taking kids to school
    #5. clean and organize my room, closet and bathroom then start on the next one....it will take a looong while lol
  • HI IM KELLY IM FROM COLOMBIA BUT I LEAVE IN WA, DONT LIKE THE RAIN TO MUCH BUT THATS WHAT MAKES THIS STATE BEAUTIFUL. I HEARD ABOUT THIS FROM MY FRIEND SHERIE SO I JUMP ON IT AND HOPE IM DOING THIS RIGHT ILL BE ASKING LOTS OF ???? LOL..
    SUNDAY
    #1. 3 HOURS PRACTICING CHOREOGRAPHY (YIKES I WAS BEAT AT THE END) I THINK I BURN MILLION CALS.
    #2. NONE
    #3. 10MNT STRCHNG, I THINK MY CHALLENGE WILL BE ABLE TO GRAB THE BOTTOM OF MY FOOT WITH BOTH HANDS WHILE SITTING ON GROUND STRCHNG.
    #4. CUTTING DOWN THE SODIUM INTAKE TO A MINIMUM, I LIKE SALTY STUFF SOOO... THIS WILL BE IT.
    #5. GET THE DOWNSTAIRS PAINTED AND ORGANIZED...

MONDAY
    #1. 1 HOUR CHOREOGRAPHY PRACTICE.
    #2. NONE
    #3. 10MNT STRCHNG
    #4. I DIDNT ADD ANY EXTRA SALT IN MY MEALS TODAYJUST WHAT THE LOW SODIUM BROTH HAD , DOING GOOD NO SALT WITHDRAWALS YET!!!
    #5. DECORATED DOWNSTAIRS WITH HALLOWEEN AND MOVED SOME THINGS AROUND..
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    Monday = Rest day
    Tuesday workout
    #1 Treadmill for 45 minutes (800 calories)
    #2 Core reps: 180 (60 each for crunches, back extensions and Obliques (wood choppers)
    #3 Stretches - 10 minutes. Goal is to touch my toes by the end of the challenge (I am not flexible at all - never have been)
    #4 and #5 - already provided. I think those start next week right. If they count this week I did #4 on Monday and #5 on Sunday and Monday.

Keep up the good work Dolphins!
  • tabbydog
    Are we supposed to be keeping track of cals also? If so, 108 cals for my half hour walk yesterday.

No run last night as a monsoon sprung up. Wow, wind and pouring rain. I will be running 5-6 miles in a little bit. Sunny and 50 degrees out, perfect running weather!

No alcohol for me last night or Sunday night, so much easier to stay in calories with no alcohold calories. :drinker: I think this won't be as difficult as I thought it would be. :bigsmile:

I will try to get some stretching done after my run. No, I WILL get some stretching after my run.....
  • tabbydog
    Are we supposed to be able to edit the spreadsheet, or only the team leaders? I wanted to add my good habit which is more frequent stretching.
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Are we supposed to be keeping track of cals also? If so, 108 cals for my half hour walk yesterday.

No run last night as a monsoon sprung up. Wow, wind and pouring rain. I will be running 5-6 miles in a little bit. Sunny and 50 degrees out, perfect running weather!

No alcohol for me last night or Sunday night, so much easier to stay in calories with no alcohold calories. :drinker: I think this won't be as difficult as I thought it would be. :bigsmile:

I will try to get some stretching done after my run. No, I WILL get some stretching after my run.....

Yes we are supposed to keep track of calories :)
    We each also have to do a minimum of 1000 calorie burn for the week. Remember this is an elimination challenge so each of us must complete our minimums or risk being eliminated. Also, only the leaders can edit the spreadsheet :)
    I have been in several of these challenges before and have seen people eliminated because they did not understand the requirements, I don't want this to happen to any of us :happy:

Everyone please read this:

This week, we each have to have at least: 4 workouts two 30's one 45 and one 60 minute (or they can be longer) we also each must burn a minimum of 1000 calories (so Kelly, MAHASTODANCE if you add your dance to the exercise portion of MFP it will calculate an approximate calorie burn, and then you put that down in your daily list on this page), each of us must do 400 reps (either core, cardio, upper or lower body) for the week and work on flexibility 5 minutes 3 times this week to reach a flexibility goal which we need to decide on this week, we also need to identify a habit we want to change and identify a new habit we want to start. Choose wisely with these as they will be mandatory throughout the challenge and we need to make sure it is attainable to avoid elimination.

Hope this helps, if I missed anything, someone please review and add that on our board so all of us can stay in the challenge as long as possible :tongue:
  • tabbydog
    60 minutes running, 591 calories. :bigsmile:

No reps today, my butt hurts from yesterday! :laugh:
  • tabbydog
    Oh, I wondered what was meant by elimination. :indifferent: :noway: :tongue:

Well, I have 2 of the four workouts for the week. One thirty and one 60 for a total of 699 calories.

I am going to go do some stretching right now for my addition of a good habit. (#5)

My #4 is to reduce alcohol to no more than 3 nights/week.

I am happy I don't have to be responsible for adding things to the spreadsheet. I am always tend to screw those things up. :laugh: One more question, do we have to submit measurements periodically? Is there somewhere we can view those so we can see progress? I think other than that I understand the rest of it.

edited to add one more question: Does what we do on Saturday not count towards the challenge? I usually do my long run on Saturdays.....
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    OMG. I've just been to the gym for the first time in way too many months. Walking down the stairs at the end was an issue... This does not bode well!

I'll log details when I get home! :-/
  • tabbydog
    Yay! No pain no gain! I am hobbling too! :drinker: