What did you do with your old clothes?

Replies

• Depending on how big they fit, I might take them in a bit, it they are way to big I will offer them to friends or donate them to charity. I will admit, I have held on to some of my clothes just incase I ever gain a few lbs :)
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    I make a trip to the Salvation Army every 4-5 months
  • Make scarecrows.
  • lunaphilia
    lunaphilia Posts: 16 Member
    i cut them up and make them into new clothes for myself, mostly muscle tank top and crop top!! :D
  • I can't wait until I get to ask this question!
  • angelbaby75
    angelbaby75 Posts: 15 Member
    I sold what I could at a women's resale shop and donated the rest. Glad to have them gone...never going back!
  • cybrkitn
    cybrkitn Posts: 11 Member
    I donated my clothes to Savers ( a.k.a. Big Brothers & Big Sisters).
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    I've been giving mine to people who have asked for it or donating it, I have to get rid of it as soon as it's too big! I can't go back!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    I'm not waiting for goal to part with clothing. I'm keeping no old, too big clothing at all as I lose. There is no reason for me to keep them. I'm confident that I have made lifestyle changes that will prevent need of larger clothes in the future.

Worn out things were tossed months ago. I started taking the best clothing to a consignment shop to help pay for smaller clothing & the rest of the too big clothes were donated. It got too confusing trying to figure out what fit & what was too big.

I have had to completely replace my wardrobe & will have to do it a few more times as I continue to lose. I have become the Queen of Clearance Deals. lol... As these clothes get too big they are also going to consignment. as they get too big.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    I love how many people donate their old clothes! We donate everything, usually once a year or so we go thru all of our clothes(too big or not) and donate whatever we don't use. I keep my older son's clothes for my little one, but when the little one grows out of a size I try to find another local Navy family to help out. I just gave like three bags full of my younger's clothes away a couple weeks ago. Once I get down to the size I want to be and maintain it for a bit I will be donating everything. Too bad I recently donated all my pre-kid clothes, I would probably be able to wear some of the bigger ones soon! Ah well, just an excuse to get all new clothes when I get down there :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    I saved them for the next time I get pregnant and need to lose the baby weight. Hehe.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    I've donated the majority of my old clothes to charity. I've kept a few bits and pieces to remind me how far I've come, and I've kept things like hoodies and PJs because they're still comfy even though they're way too big now. But I like to make sure that other people will benefit, so I like to donate as much as I possibly can.
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    I posted mine on Craigslist for free. I had no use for them anymore and I don't feel the need to make money off of them when there are plenty of people in need of clothing who cannot afford them.
  • I donated clothes to an organization called WORKING WARDROBES here in Southern California. I offered a trade, let me donate these clothes and pick out a few outfits as if I were in need and we have a deal, because what I donated was 100 times more than what I picked out. They had some really cute things for people that work in the Corporate world and I don't want to spend a ton of money as I am not where I want to be. This is also a tax write off as they are a non-profit and could really use Plus Size clothing!

For this next round, I will look into some consignments shops.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Sold, donated and kept 1 or 2 that I liked even though they didn't fit anymore
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Sold good stuff on eBay, and the rest went to a clothes recycling 'bin' at my local charity shop. I do this routinely anyway, even if I haven't changed size or shape. I like to shop for clothes!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Gave them to friends who wanted them, and whatever they didn't want, donated.
  • alichristiana
    alichristiana Posts: 76 Member
    Haven't really lost enough to see a big difference in my clothes, but recently had a clear out of old, too small clothes. I donated them all to Cancer Research and Age Concern.
    Then I bought 'new' clothes from charity shops; a mixture of stuff that fits slightly tight and 'new' too small clothes for when I've lost the weight. :)
  • Circus tents.
    Clothed entire villages in third-world nations.
    Tarps for SUVs.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Once I gained weight I never had a huge wardrobe. a few pants a few dresses and some shirts. all from costco or used, so no real value in them anyway. Most of what I have I'll probably keep for gardening in. I still have a lot of my bigger wardrobe from when I could wear cute clothes. (if I can't wear cute clothes why bother has been my mantra)