• barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Hello everyone! Here is my post for Wednesday:

WORKOUT
    60 minutes cardio (walking)
    burned 256 calories

REPS
    150 upper body reps -
    25 each arm bicep curls, triceps extensions and shoulder shrugs with 5 lb weights

FLEXIBILITY
    5 minutes stretching out hips

GOOOOO SHARKS! Bite! Bite! Bite! Bite! Bite!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    And here's Wednesday...

week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    30 min. chair cardio (crappy workout 'cause I'm nursing a hurt Achilles)
    141 calories burned

#2 - REPS - This is Always IN ADDITION to your workout times
    100 lower body - frog squats 25, bridges 25, standing leg raises 25 (each leg,) knee lifts 25

#3 - Focus on Flexibility -
    5 min... forward fold & seated wide-angle

One more full day before Friday morning's weigh-in...YIKES!!!
    Here's to making good choices tomorrow! :drinker:
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Tuesday week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    45 min Zumba
    453 calories burned
    Remaining: 30,30

#2 - REPS -
    Cardio- 100 jumping jacks
    Remaining:100

5 min today
    Remaining: 1x5 min

I'm gonna steal some ideas
    #4 - CHOOSE a habit you would like to change
    Bed before midnight

#5 - CHOOSE a New Good Habit or Hobby!!
    10,000 steps at least 3/7 days

Wednesday week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    38 min Body by You w/ pushup sets
    210 calories burned
    Remaining: 30

#2 - REPS -
    Cardio- 100 jump ropes
    Remaining:0

0 min today
    Remaining: 1x5 min
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Hello Beautiful Sharkettes!

I'm definitely getting booted this week. I am so sorry. I have just been coming to terms with the new changes in my life and my fitness goals haven't quite caught up yet. I'm definitely keeping up on my fitness goals and really like the stretching goal that Sheri's included because think it's something I need to do.

I can add my calories if needed because I have been doing some minor exercise but haven't been doing the reps or anything else!

I would love to stay in and support you all even if I am booted because I love these challenges and think the sharks are the very best!

Chomp! Chomp! Chomp!!
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member

I'll check it out! I started a blog my self just to give my self something to do I have only got one post up yet trying to find the inspiration for the next post!

http://momonamission42.blogspot.com/

And I do think that I will spend 20 mins a day researching HEALTHY Recipes and techniques to use and utilize in my family. and for me and my hubby we are actively going to ask one another before we buy or binge on something is that something you really want to do and we will keep each other accountable for not going through drive thrus when on outings. I hope that helps clarify the goals better. :)
    [/quote]

Enjoyed reading your blog Kristin, hope your darn cold clears off soon :flowerforyou:
  • fang19423
    Everyone is doing so well - keep up the good work.
    By the way Kylie - there are no eliminations this week ... but do try to keep swimming in this little shark pool :laugh:

Thursday - week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    48 mins Walk away the pounds with LS - 3 mile weight loss walk (hope it works :tongue: ) / calorie burn 375 cals (all required w/o's done)

I have chosen cardio reps this week.
    0 reps today

Try to touch my toes. 5 mins stretching done today to this end.
    (0x5 mins yet to do)
  • fang19423
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE,

...... And tomorrow is weigh in day. You must submit your weigh-ins and any remaining workout stats by 1000 PST.

I will set up a separate thread for the weigh in tomorrow and we will have a new thread to log all your stats and comments for next week too. Otherwise this thread will be really long and we will have to wade through lots of old posts to get to the current stuff to log. Hope you are all having a great week.

:flowerforyou:
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 765 Member
    Wednesday Week 1

#1 - WORKOUT - 36 minutes walking

Calories Burned - 343

#2 - REPS - n/a

#3 - Focus on Flexibility - n/a

Clean or organize something around the house 20 mins at least 3 times a week (I would say everyday, but with my schedule, that would be nearly impossible).
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Wednesday week 1 (Thank you for catching my mistake in my last post.
    #1 - WORKOUT-30 minutes of walking-154 calories
    154 calories total. Using today for my 30 minute workout (30 to go)

I have chosen upper body reps for the week
    50 Bicep curls
    25 Hammer Curls
    25 Cross Chest Curls
    25 Tricep extensions
    25 shoulder presses
    25 Front arm raises
    175 Reps total

No stretching today. I keep forgetting, so I have to actually do it today and get up early tomorrow morning to do it.
    I would like to be able to lay my hands flat on the ground when reaching down

OVER this week you need to.....
    I need to go to bed before midnight on a more regular basis

Hit 10,000 steps 3/7 days a week
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Thursday:

BUSY BUSY day for me today so didn't get much in, but did at least complete my reps. So my day went as follows:

#1 Workout
    Nothing today (but met my goals already, so I'm good :smile: )

# 2 Reps
    Another 220 upper body reps today, as follows:
    Tricep extensions (each arm) 25 x 2
    Hammer curls 30 x2
    Chest presses 25 x 2
    Chest flies 30 x 2

# 3 Stretching
    Did 5 minutes stretching again today.

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!

Here's hoping you all have a GREAT weigh in tomorrow morning. Don't forget to post your weigh ins on the Sharks Weigh in by 10am (Sheri's time!) I'll be posting them on the chart tomorrow, so will be looking out for them and cheering you all on :flowerforyou: Send me a private message if you don't want to post on the group page.

GO SHARKS!
  • jaajh
    Hello Beautiful Sharkettes!

I'm definitely getting booted this week. I am so sorry. I have just been coming to terms with the new changes in my life and my fitness goals haven't quite caught up yet. I'm definitely keeping up on my fitness goals and really like the stretching goal that Sheri's included because think it's something I need to do.

I can add my calories if needed because I have been doing some minor exercise but haven't been doing the reps or anything else!

I would love to stay in and support you all even if I am booted because I love these challenges and think the sharks are the very best!

Chomp! Chomp! Chomp!!

I say you should post whatever you have done, so we can cheer you on anyway! As Mary said, there are no eliminations this week, but post what little exercise you have done anyway. It all counts towards team points too :wink:

Changes take some adapting to, so don't be too hard on yourself. I know you'll get your new fitness goals sorted soon. And in the meantime, I for one would like to give you a big "Yeah! Go girl!" for whatever you managed to get in this week. :flowerforyou:
  • jaajh
    Oh and PLEASE would you all go and look at the chart and check we have your information entered correctly. I know Mary and Pam would never make a mistake :heart: but it is very possible if I entered it :happy: We still have time to change anything we have got wrong, so please let us know.

If you need the link again, here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwpwv3WAfMddC0tS2JuN2wxUlRNcU1sNzI4aGVtb3c&usp=sharing#gid=3
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Don't worry Kai85 you have got some major changes going on and will be going on over the next year! LoL I am having to come to terms with my changing body this week I am realizing I have to admit i"m pregnant and rest a wee bit more often than I would like! But I am excited to at least stay in for points to help out.

Yoga yesterday instead of relaxing me and making me feel better today I am more sore than ever! Any one have any ideas or suggestions? I flooded ye ol' temple with water yesterday (and every day) but I'm at a loss I didn't work out hard yesterday and it's worse than if I had! lol Was hoping to get an elliptical work out in today but I am not seeing that happen with the current way I feel lol

:yawn:
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Hello Sharks!

Everyone has been doing so well with exercising and stretching this week. Good luck to everyone when you step on the scale tomorrow morning!

Here are my Thursday numbers:

WORKOUT
    45 minutes cardio (stationary bike)
    burned 353 calories

REPS
    175 upper body reps -
    25 each arm bicep curls, triceps extensions and dumbbell rows with 5 lb weights + 25 push ups

GOOOOO SHARKS! Bite! Bite! Bite! Bite! Bite!
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Wednesday
    #1 - WORKOUT
    30 minutes walking back and forth to work-- count as one 30 minute workout. Burned 78 calories (all workouts complete for the week!) (1790 calories for the week so far)

100 abs (25 on each side, 25 up and 25 out) -- 200 to go!

5 minutes bridge stretching! made it to 5 seconds on the bridge, but did other back stretches too.

M&Ms - trying to stay away!

Doing a plank, every day, and trying to hold it for longer each day.
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    WEEK 1
    #1 - :heart: WORKOUT
    30/30/45/60 - Do a Minimum of 4 workouts this week
    MONDAY 0
    TUESDAY 32 minutes moving boxes from big truck to car and climbing in and out...419 cals
    WEDNESDAY 45 minutes walking in the glorious fall weather... 277 cals
    THURSDAY 30 minutes doing yard work (raking, bagging, sweeping, trimming...) 224 cals

#2 - :bigsmile: REPS - Do 400 Reps!
    LOWER BODY
    MONDAY 0
    TUESDAY 0
    WEDNESDAY 200... 75 squats, 50 calf raises, 25 lunges, 50 lying side leg kicks
    THURSDAY 200 75 squats, 50 calf raises, 25 lunges, 50 lying side leg kicks Owwwwch!

#3 - :glasses: Focus on Flexibility - CHOOSE something you would like to be able to do by the end of the Challenge!! For this week - Just spend 5 Minutes on 3 days doing some strectching to get yourself closer to your goal.
    I WILL be able to place my hands flat on the floor with legs straight.... (fingertips for now!)
    MONDAY 0
    TUESDAY 5+ MINUTES
    WEDNESDAY 5+ MINUTES
    THURSDAY 0

OVER this week you need to.....
    #4 - :grumble: CHOOSE a habit you would like to change....I WILL quit complaining as much (I need to speak to God before speaking to myself or others about complaints)....and drinking soda.
    #5 - :huh: CHOOSE a New Good Habit or Hobby!! ...I WILL keep my kitchen spotless (shiny sink by bedtime...FlyLady style!)
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Well, here's my pathetic Thursday...(two excuses - my hurt Achilles and I spent the day with my daughter and grandson)

week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    none today - icing my Achilles tendon and hoping to be 100% for next week!

#2 - REPS
    LB - 100 today...25 each of frog squats, knee lifts, leg lifts (outer thigh,) leg lifts (inner thigh)

#3 - Focus on Flexibility
    none today

go to bed earlier (by 9:30pm)

I've decided to require myself to devote time to music and art...I'm thinking 30 minutes/day, 5 days/week for piano (maybe theory too) OR painting (maybe drawing too.) No idea how that timing will work, but I had to start somewhere...

Now, who would like to be nervous with me about tomorrow's weigh-in???:noway:
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Thursday week 1
    #1 - WORKOUT
    45 min LS Walk @ home
    266 calories burned
    Remaining: 0

#2 - REPS -
    Cardio-
    Remaining:0

5 min today
    Remaining: 0
  • fang19423
    SPREADSHEET - updated to here - have a great weekend all, and don't forget to weigh in before 10PST
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Thank you team! My exercise stats below

Sunday
    1 hour dog walk - 269 cals

Monday
    30 minute dog walk - 103 cals

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday