Thanksgiving - Is indulging okay with your plan?

124»

Replies

• ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    yep.
  • JudibugDesigns
    JudibugDesigns Posts: 38 Member
    I'm going to stick to my calorie budget...doesn't matter what the day is.

Food is no longer a "treat" or a "reward"...it's fuel for my body...period!
    If I want to treat or reward myself it isn't going to be with something as insignificant as a piece of pie or a second helping of stuffing.

My sense of taste no longer controls me...my sense of sight is rewarded when I look at myself in the mirror and that makes me happier me than any food ever has.

I've been fat forever, I smoke pot every day, I work at home on the computer and an married to a professional cook. Truth be told, I'm pretty lazy, but in the last 8 months I've lost almost 85 lbs...SO If I can do it, anyone can...
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Due to family schedules this year, we're not having a big Thanksgiving dinner. Just pie and coffee tomorrow afternoon. And I'm going to get a huge piece of pumpkin pie, drown it in whipped cream, and not regret a single bite of one of my most favourite foods shared with my family on the holiday.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    It's fine with me.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    I plan on eating a bit of everything we have. We don't do a huge family event though so we won't have mounds of food. THERE WILL BE PIE, I will make sure I have enough of a weekly deficit for a piece or two lol
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    I can't wait! because i'm hosting it, i know what's going into everything...but you're damn rights I'm going to have a piece of pie :) and bacon wrapped EVERYTHING!!!

Hahaha that sounds perfect! I'm also hosting this year, and I don't like turkey... maybe I'll make bacon the protein of choice! And maybe have some veggies and salad as side options. Nothing will make me give up mashed potatoes and (sneakily lactose-free) macaroni and cheese on Thanksgiving though, even if I do eat them in moderation...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I'm American so Thanksgiving is still a few weeks away, but yeah, I eat. But the traditional dinner is pretty healthy. It's the pie that's the diet killer. But I eat the pie anyway.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    REALLY HEALTHY EZ AND DELICIOUS DESSERT!! 1 graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust, 1 block silken tofu, 1 package dark chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate chips in microwave or over double boiler till smooth, blend in blender with the silken tofu, pour into cookie crust and refrigerate for a few hours. Taste like a delicious french silk pie (minus the calories, fat and whipped cream topping) and NO ONE will guess it is tofu. I promise. I"ve taken it to all kinds of parties and no one guesses and they love this pie. Recipe by Alton Brown.

I'm intrigued. Where does one buy these chocolate chips that are "minus the calories"??
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    REALLY HEALTHY EZ AND DELICIOUS DESSERT!! 1 graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust, 1 block silken tofu, 1 package dark chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate chips in microwave or over double boiler till smooth, blend in blender with the silken tofu, pour into cookie crust and refrigerate for a few hours. Taste like a delicious french silk pie (minus the calories, fat and whipped cream topping) and NO ONE will guess it is tofu. I promise. I"ve taken it to all kinds of parties and no one guesses and they love this pie. Recipe by Alton Brown.

Nice!