Do you workout with your spouse? I do!!! :)

2»

Replies

• mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    You look so cute together. My hubby is not interested at all.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Unfortunately for me my significant other is not interested in being a part of my lifestyle change. She has no interest in working out and is happy being obese.

That's tough. I feel for her as I have an athletic husband and have been envious of his ability to drop weight easily for years. He's also a big guy and can eat large quantities of delicious food with no apparent neg consequence. Obviously, your wife has had a different experience in seeing you work off your weight but may have some similar feelings. Maybe your success is intimidating..Maybe she needs a female friend to walk along side of her. Sometimes, working out with our spouse is more painful and humiliating than encouraging.
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Unfortunately for me my significant other is not interested in being a part of my lifestyle change. She has no interest in working out and is happy being obese.

Well maybe you could just change eating healthier together. It can def. drive you nuts comparing yourself to others, but we all have done it at least once. My hubby just stopped drinking pop and it seemed like he lost 20 lbs. lol. Way to go on the weight so far!!
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Great story and great photo!! Congratulations to the both of you! xxx

My husband and I lift together and mix in core strength exercises with it. I absolutely love working out with him, we work so well as a team. Go husband and wife workout teams! x
  • myJOF
    myJOF Posts: 26
    I am glad my hubby is my workout partner. We run together, lift together, bike together - whatever.
  • sweetangel2013
    sweetangel2013 Posts: 24 Member
    I don't have a hubby...yet. But my fiance has been an awesome support of me and my weightloss journey. We walk together every day and now we have started going to the gym together. It's been such an awesome journey. He is always saying encouraging words and paying lots of compliments. It's amazing how much easier it can be with a very supportive significant other.
  • ardithann5
    ardithann5 Posts: 26 Member
    yep have my hubby doing this with me I started last Sunday almost a week.. well I have gained a pound he has lost 4 right.. ekeekekekek somehow just not right.. oh what the hell.. keep trying.. ahhahahaha:embarassed:
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Yup! Its awesome :D Hubby and I are competitive so it works out nicely :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Lovely!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    If by together you mean he sits on the couch and watches, then yes. Lol. He isn't into fitness in terms of healthy eating and scheduled workouts. He stays fit by eating whatever he wants and having an active lifestyle through work and his outdoor hobbies. He is very supportive of my goals though and makes a great couch coach.

I think its great that couples can participate in fitness activities together. It makes your work outs quality bonding time also.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!