Wearing a heart rate monitor all day...shows high calorie lo

2»

Replies

• My Wahoo starts registering a workout at about 116 anything below that it tracks as a warmup.
  • I used a polar h7 and my avg HRM for a slow day is about 128 but the polar also register anything I do over 105 the same amount as the treadmill hrm or whatever machine I use so it seems to work fine. With the machines and my HRM they are never off by more then 1-2%
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    Its not going to be accurate.

HRM's are meant to be worn for purposeful exercise only.. not while at rest.

In order to figure out what you burn at rest, you need a bodybugg/body media fit/ fit bit. Those are made to be worn 24 hrs a day.
    THIS. Stress can raise hear rate and that doesn't equate to a higher calorie burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Its not going to be accurate.

HRM's are meant to be worn for purposeful exercise only.. not while at rest.

In order to figure out what you burn at rest, you need a bodybugg/body media fit/ fit bit. Those are made to be worn 24 hrs a day.
    THIS. Stress can raise hear rate and that doesn't equate to a higher calorie burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

That's stupid...of course stress affects you. Why do you think people who are stressed lose a lot of weight???
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Im wondering what people think of the accuracy of wearing a heart rate monitor all day to see calories burned. I have a Polar F6 (not a cheap model) heart rate monitor watch that I wore today with the chest strap.

Mine seems to be about right for resting calorie burn, but I have told it my measured VO2max which may have helped the accuracy.