fasting diet works....

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Yes it works to lose weight; too bad I want to lose fat.
    you will burn fat doing lean gains style
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    tumblr_ly04o4NxyG1qlvj4w.gif

Now THAT'S fasting!!! lol
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Trust me its works... I have a all most a six pack.. I do gym almost 5 times a day go nights at the gym..

I have almost a 6 pack too...of Sam Adams...but I drank a few...

(Sorry I couldn't resist lol)
  • MityMax96
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • eh_its_sarah
    eh_its_sarah Posts: 61 Member
    I can't see any info on this topic.... wonder why?
  • MityMax96
    what info do you need?
  • eh_its_sarah
    what info do you need?

All I can see is "fasting diet works.." but no info.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    what info do you need?

All I can see is "fasting diet works.." but no info.

The OP has poor communication skills. However, this thread has been a goldmine.
  • MityMax96
    I go by lean gains.com myself. look there for good info
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Thanks for the heads up :laugh:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    They did a lot of testing on the presenter prior to him starting IF during and after and there were some very interesting results in his blood tests. it was a year ago so I can't remember specifics. I do remember thinking at the time that it was surprising the effect IF had in a relatively short space of time.

The presenter did agree that the benefits he had seen in his blood markers were unproven. But interesting results never the less. perhaps it can be put down to him losing nearly a stone rather than the way he lost it. As he says below more human studies would be needed to prove or disprove that IF was responsible.

Michael Mosley the presenter says "I stuck to this diet for 5 weeks, during which time I lost nearly a stone and my blood markers, like IGF-1, glucose and cholesterol, improved. If I can sustain that, it will greatly reduce my risk of contracting age-related diseases like cancer and diabetes.

Current medical opinion is that the benefits of fasting are unproven and until there are more human studies it's better to eat at least 2000 calories a day. If you really want to fast then you should do it in a proper clinic or under medical supervision, because there are many people, such as pregnant women or diabetics on medication, for whom it could be dangerous."
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    They did a lot of testing on the presenter prior to him starting IF during and after and there were some very interesting results in his blood tests. it was a year ago so I can't remember specifics. I do remember thinking at the time that it was surprising the effect IF had in a relatively short space of time.

The presenter did agree that the benefits he had seen in his blood markers were unproven. But interesting results never the less. perhaps it can be put down to him losing nearly a stone rather than the way he lost it. As he says below more human studies would be needed to prove or disprove that IF was responsible.

Michael Mosley the presenter says "I stuck to this diet for 5 weeks, during which time I lost nearly a stone and my blood markers, like IGF-1, glucose and cholesterol, improved. If I can sustain that, it will greatly reduce my risk of contracting age-related diseases like cancer and diabetes.

Current medical opinion is that the benefits of fasting are unproven and until there are more human studies it's better to eat at least 2000 calories a day. If you really want to fast then you should do it in a proper clinic or under medical supervision, because there are many people, such as pregnant women or diabetics on medication, for whom it could be dangerous."

These results mean nothing until you compare them with the exact same food spaced throughout the day in normal meal patterns. And then you have to do this with a large group of people.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Its a weightloss diet....
    I work out at the gym... ... I lost 23lbs so far....

duz this mean you gained 2 from it too?
  • eh_its_sarah

• MityMax96

welcome
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    This entire thread...

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

LOL!!!!!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    There was a very interesting documentary on BBC Horizon called Eat Fast Live Longer 2012 The presenter tried various fasting diets and was monitored on each and they found there were significant health benefits to intermittent fasting. He was not badly overweight just a bit of a paunch but he did have a higher percentage of visceral fat than he should have. This had reduced by the end of the experiment. He ended up continuing the 2 day a week fast because the medical evidence that his health had improved was so overwhelming.

Worth a watch.

Personally I find it very difficult to maintain. Just the thought of not eating for more than about 6 hours makes me weak with hunger.

There could be something more recent that I have missed, but as far as I am aware, there is no clear evidence of health benefits of 5:2 outside that of normal calorie restriction.

No, this is exactly what I was talking about in my post.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Yes it works to lose weight; too bad I want to lose fat.
    this.
  • MityMax96
    :huh:
  • Thanks for the encouragement! We all need that. And your plan sounds good.