Is it okay for men to wear compression shorts alone?

So here is my question -About a year ago my conditioning/cycling instructor suggested that some of us get "spandex and knee socks" so I decided to get a pair of both. I have to say though I do get some odd looks sometimes from the typical meat-head dudes, but I really like the way they feel when working out, and I truly enjoy being able to see my veiny legs. I noticed the other day that when I was getting a really good workout some girls were looking at my junk and grinning , so is it appropriate for men to wear compression shorts by themselves?

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    were they grinning as in "omg that thing is huge" or as in "ohhhh, poor thing...where you goin' little feller?"
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Never ever.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Compression shorts as in ....alone with nothing else?

No.

Just no.
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    You could always wear them at home at take pictures of yourself in them and look at them as much as you like???
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    If it's good enough for GSP, it's good enough for any man...

georges-st-pierre-under-armour-300x265.jpg
  • LayLen
    LayLen Posts: 20
    I'm gonna stick with GSP, perfect post brother!
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member

That's like saying because Michael Phelps looks good in a speedo all men should wear them. :laugh:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member

Why do they call it "Under Armour" if it's not underwear?
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    All things considered...who was looking and who was laughing? My true thoughts: If you have a nice PACKAGE, show it off if you want. But understand THIS, WOMEN ARE going to look at your "Junk" AND JUDGE! Soooo it is Totally up to you.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member

Why do they call it "Under Armour" if it's not underwear?

They started off making an athletic undershirt - a wicking base layer to be worn under a team jersey and padding ("armour") instead of the once-traditional cotton t-shirt. It's really pretty fantastic stuff, although all the major brands have followed suit.

They've branched out into anything and everything since then.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    I would say no
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    If you're taking a spin class sure... normal workout at the gym ummmm no
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Not every one wants to be intimately introduced to your twig and berries. At least wear a pair of shorts over them. Please.
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    No. Thank you.
    And women shouldn't wear just a sports bra either. IMHO.
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    They're called UNDER armor for a reason. :P
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    I read the title as "is it ok to wear compassionate shorts". I think - yes to compassionate shorts (good for you); also, be compassionate to others wrt your compression shorts (good for the rest of us).
  • LayLen
    LayLen Posts: 20
    I never though I would have got this much input... LOL... twigs and berries? o0, You all are friggin awesome!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Look, there's a lot of people who shouldn't be wearing certain things in public. And most dgaf if you told them, anyway. If it's more comfortable for you, your junk is covered, and you don't mind the smirks/grins then I say wear 'em. :drinker:
  • jennyc1270
    jennyc1270 Posts: 25 Member
    I hate to see guys in compression shorts without shorts over them. It is just gross and no one wants to see someone's junk. If you insist on wearing them without shorts over them, at least wear a long t-shirt.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    UpyE2mf.jpg