Is it okay for men to wear compression shorts alone?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Its ok to wear. Your not eye candy, you are there to work out. Just learn how to "tuck" the guy back and you will be fine.

really its the bloody nipples that are more of an issue if you ask me.

ouch.jpg
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    I guess if its okay for women to jog outside wearing shorts and sports bra, you are entitled to wear that as long as your gym doesn't tell you not to. (personally, I'd prefer that underwear, including bras, be worn under clothing, but that's just me, do what you feel comfortable with as long it doesn't violate any laws!)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Back in ancient Greece, people worked out at the gym completely naked. In fact the word "gym" is derived from an ancient Greek word meaning "naked"
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    NO! People who wear those "alone" should be competing in a triathlon. It looks like they are desperate for attention otherwise! Both men or women (ever hear the phrase "camel toe"?)
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    were they grinning as in "omg that thing is huge" or as in "ohhhh, poor thing...where you goin' little feller?"

LMAO
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm actually okay with men wearing speedos to the beach, but no, not okay with compression shorts at the gym.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I find it interesting that a lot of the replies are negative. But if a woman starts a topic like "am I too fat to wear a bikini", it's like a cheering section.

"You go girl."
    "If you're confident, flaunt it."
    "Wear what you'r comfortable with."

But as soon as a guy says, "I don't think you should". Well, all hell breaks loose. "You're body shaming", blah blah blah.

To the OP, if you're comfortable in it - go for it. Screw what the negative chickies on this forum think. They probably have their own esteem issues or jealous they don't have the confidence to pull it off themselves.

You are creating a false equivalency with your contention here.

Women don't wear bikinis to the gym. I think women should wear shirts at the gym too and not just a sports bra.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Honestly I would under shorts, great for squats, no pinching of skin that way. On them own, working out would be in the same category as men in thong swimwear, which is another big no no in my book.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    I think it is ok under certain situations but either way it is very seldom men or women wear anything that shows alot in a gym , hell most are too damn chicken to shower there which to me is just disgusting that someone would rather smell like **** all day after a workout before they hit there 9-5 job then just quit being a ***** and take a shower who cares if someone can see it. This goes for men and women.

How do you know these people are going to work? Maybe they are going home to shower, or shower at their place of employment. Maybe they don't stink when they sweat. Maybe you should focus on your own workout and shower, and less on judging others. I won't shower in a "public" shower, as I find that disturbing. Is it asking too much to provide private showers for the cost of gym fees? Honestly, I don't want to see anyone else naked, just as much as I don't want anyone else seeing me naked.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Maybe if I was 29, single, and had your build, yes. 47, married, and my shape, Hell No!
    That's me. LOL!

I wear shorts over my compression shorts when I run otherwise the "twigs & berries" uhh....get too..... bouncy.
  • LayLen
    LayLen Posts: 20
    OMG - YOU ALL ROCK MY SOCKS! Every single one of you!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Nope. But if you wanna wear them, you go right ahead I will just look the other way.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Underwear is underwear. You don't just wear underwear in public places.

Better than not wearing underwear at all though.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    To the OP, if you're comfortable in it - go for it. Screw what the negative chickies on this forum think. They probably have their own esteem issues or jealous they don't have the confidence to pull it off themselves.

In fairness, it seems that most - or at least many - of the supporters are in fact females.

Which is a bit of revelation in its own right! :laugh:
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    I find it interesting that a lot of the replies are negative. But if a woman starts a topic like "am I too fat to wear a bikini", it's like a cheering section.

"You go girl."
    "If you're confident, flaunt it."
    "Wear what you'r comfortable with."

But as soon as a guy says, "I don't think you should". Well, all hell breaks loose. "You're body shaming", blah blah blah.

You are creating a false equivalency with your contention here.

Women don't wear bikinis to the gym. I think women should wear shirts at the gym too and not just a sports bra.

I agree about women and sports bras. What's wrong with a tank top?

OP, you should take up crossfit. Crossfitters love to take off their clothes during their workouts.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member

In fairness, it seems that most - or at least many - of the supporters are in fact females.

Which is a bit of revelation in its own right! :laugh:

There's a large contingent of horny people on these forums. Any mention of genitals gets enthusiastic response from that group.

Doesn't make stripping down to underwear in the gym a good idea.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member

There's a large contingent of horny people on these forums. Any mention of genitals gets enthusiastic response from that group.

Doesn't make stripping down to underwear in the gym a good idea.

There's a large contingent of horny people on the internet! :love:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    no, never.

wear gym shorts over them.

if you are cycling, then wear bike shorts.
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Compression shorts are a undergarment. Would you go to the grocery store wearing nothing but your Fruit of the Loom?

P.S. That's probably why they were laughing ... you were at the gym wearing nothing but your underwear, dude!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    NO! This should only be done in the company of others.