SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Replies

• jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Thanks - made that change Kvonjohn.

Stacy - I made the Dr Pepper change, but I still need your answers to the other questions I asked you please.

ALL UPDATED TO HERE!

WELL DONE SHARKS! A great week - but week 2 can be even better :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Hmmm...now I really have to think of a new habit. I'm going to steal SMLISLEY's because it is something I need to start doing too.

Clean/organize something around the apartment for 20 minutes 3 times a week.
  • jaajh
    Noted that change! Seems several of us will be living in MUCH tidier, more organised homes by the end of this challenge :bigsmile:
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Wouldn't you know it, I seem to have lost a pound overnight :-p TOM!!! Oh well it'll count for next week!! Aiming for the top 10!!!
  • jaajh
    First of all BIG congratulations to Melissa (barkingbetty) for making the top ten this week! WELL DONE :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Good to see a shark there! Let's make it at least TWO for next week :bigsmile:

Secondly, hope you are all ready for week 2 :noway:

Here is a summary of the challenge posted so far (last part still to be posted):

#1 WORKOUT
    This week it's 30/45/60/90 - so 4 workouts on 4 different days
    NONE of the above can be split, so 90 minutes means 90 consecutive minutes :noway: etc. You can switch activity, but only a couple of minutes in between to change over.

Calories burned: 1300 minimum for the week
    TEAM GOAL: 19200 for the week, so to help the team we should all be aiming for about 1480 calories this week.

#2 REPS
    400 minimum again this week - but they must be Core reps or Cardio reps to count.
    TEAM GOAL: 7200 - so aim for 554 reps to help the team out!

#3 FLEXIBILITY
    This time it is 10 minutes 4 times a week.
    Has to be an intentional time set aside for stretching.

#4 not posted yet - but will be a points system linked to things like the habits we are giving or taking up, etc.

LET'S ROCK THIS WEEK SHARKS!
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    First of all BIG congratulations to Melissa (barkingbetty) for making the top ten this week! WELL DONE :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Good to see a shark there! Let's make it at least TWO for next week :bigsmile:

Go Melissa!!! You Rock!!

I didn't know if we were starting a Week 2 sheet so I started here.

Week 2 - Sunday

90 minute workout (30 minute swim, 30 minute dog walk, 30 minute yoga - it was all consecutive): 477 calories
    0 reps - to be honest I'm probably not going to do these... If I can get any workout in I am happy!
    10 mins flexibility done

My news this week is my blood tests confirmed I'm a little further along then I thought (maybe a week) but have to wait for my dating scan in three weeks. I'm so excited for it!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 775 Member

Go Melissa!!! You Rock!!

I didn't know if we were starting a Week 2 sheet so I started here.

Week 2 - Sunday

90 minute workout (30 minute swim, 30 minute dog walk, 30 minute yoga - it was all consecutive): 477 calories
    0 reps - to be honest I'm probably not going to do these... If I can get any workout in I am happy!
    10 mins flexibility done

My news this week is my blood tests confirmed I'm a little further along then I thought (maybe a week) but have to wait for my dating scan in three weeks. I'm so excited for it!

Yay Congratulations Kai! Can wait to see the results.

and a big congratulations to Melissa for making top ten this week.
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Kate, I found your pound, but I will donate it to Good Will since you surely do not want it back...

WEEK 2
    #1 - :heart: WORKOUT
    30/45/60/90 - Do a Minimum of 4 workouts this week
    SUNDAY 48 minutes of raking etc. 357 calories
    PLUS 140 calories for 30 minutes walking (for calories only)

#2 - :bigsmile: REPS - Do 400 Reps!
    SUNDAY 200 cardio reps as a mix of repetitive, sweat inducing, whole body praise and worship dancing unto the Lord....I know I did way more than 200, but I wasn't counting, but singing. I hope that is creative enough? And if it doesn't count then I will use it for 69 calories (even though I KNOW it was way more)???

#3 - :glasses: Focus on Flexibility -
    I WILL be able to place my hands flat on the floor with legs straight....
    SUNDAY 10 minutes
    I like this flexing focus....might try to get closer to touching my nose to the floor or knee when sitting with legs spread....it won't happen during this challenge, though...
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Missing my sharks but the Wolverines might have this one in the bag..... (as smacky as my smack talk gets)
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    TIGERS are gonna take y'all down! Rawr!!! We are :smokin:
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Hey Shark buddies!

I don't have anything to report for today...I have to really hit it Mon-Thurs!

I wanted to let you all know that we (my family) are going camping tomorrow thru next Monday, and I don't think I'm going to have good internet access. We *are* changing campgrounds on Thursday (I think,) so maybe I can stop somewhere and get online to report...I'm not going to log my food, but I *am* going to try to be 'good,' and I'm definitely keeping tabs on my sodium so that I can get those points! We're planning lots of hiking, so I should be able to get my exercise in (hope my Achilles holds out!)
    Also, I am amending my bedtime habit to read 5 of 7 days each week. And I (of course) won't be taking my piano camping, but I can do some music theory study, and I am taking art supplies...
    The main thing is I wanted y'all to know where I am if I don't show up every day on here!

Good job to Melissa on this week's loss! Thanks for the good example!

LET'S GO SHARKS!!! Let's work hard this week; we can do this!!!
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    LOL I definitely do NOT want that pound back!!! Thanks!

WEEK 2
    #1 - WORKOUT
    SUNDAY 106 minutes of walking to park/playing with my daughter (276 calories, count as 90 min wkout)
    PLUS 500 calories for 30 minutes biking and 30 on elliptical

#2 - REPS - Do 400 Reps!
    SUNDAY 100 core (abs); 50 jumping jacks (cardio)

#3 flexibility
    10 minutes spent on back stretches!
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Chocolate

Pastries

Butter....butter on artisan bread

Real clam chowder with heavy cream

Just some thoughts to help all of you this week ....< :-)>

Merrychrissmith! (GO TIGERS!!!!!!)
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Get them fins up because we are going to blow yall out the water....GO WOLVERINES!!!!!!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Sunday, WEEK 2
    #1 - heart WORKOUT
    None

#2 - bigsmile REPS - Do 400 Reps!
    None

#3 - glasses Focus on Flexibility -
    10 minutes

Not much to report for Sunday, but I made sure to get started with my focus on flexibility. Planning to do my 90 minute workout tonight since hubby has a surprise night at work.
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Excellent work Betty aka Melissa - well done.:drinker:
  • fang19423

Here is a summary of the challenge posted so far (last part still to be posted):

#1 WORKOUT
    This week it's 30/45/60/90 - so 4 workouts on 4 different days
    NONE of the above can be split, so 90 minutes means 90 consecutive minutes :noway: etc. You can switch activity, but only a couple of minutes in between to change over.

Calories burned: 1300 minimum for the week
    TEAM GOAL: 19200 for the week, so to help the team we should all be aiming for about 1480 calories this week.

#2 REPS
    400 minimum again this week - but they must be Core reps or Cardio reps to count.
    TEAM GOAL: 7200 - so aim for 554 reps to help the team out!

#3 FLEXIBILITY
    This time it is 10 minutes 4 times a week.
    Has to be an intentional time set aside for stretching.

#4 not posted yet - but will be a points system linked to things like the habits we are giving or taking up, etc.

LET'S ROCK THIS WEEK SHARKS!

Ali, thank you for posting week 2 challenge details. :flowerforyou:

I will add the points challenge below now so that everyone knows exactly what they need to do. Sheri has really put it up to us :huh:

:heart: Remember points challenge runs Monday to Sunday so only points starting 14th October will go towards the challenge. Post your total points every Monday (though for handiness sake I am going to post a running total at the end of each days stats).

#1 Water - 64 ozs / 8 glasses – 6 days - 30 pts (5pts p/day up to maximum 35 pts) :explode:

#2 Sodium - <2500 mg – 4 days – 20 pts (5pts p/day up to maximum 35 pts) :grumble:

#3 Workout minutes – every 30 mins dedicated to a specific workout earns 5 pts up to a maximum of 10 pts p/day and 60 per week to allow for 1 rest day per week. :bigsmile:

#4 If you complete your full weeks spec for bad habit you get 25 points – if not fully completed deduct 10 points :brokenheart:

#5 If you complete your full weeks spec for good habit you get 25 points – if not fully completed deduct 10 point :blushing:

:smile: (You get a chance here to change your good/bad habbit once for free, if you change it after that deduct 25 points):smile:

#6 Every time you post something positive on our Sharks team page you get 1 pt, this is in addition to logging your stats, and up to a maximum of 1 pt p/day and 7 per week. :laugh:

#7 Once a week post some smack talk on another teams page – one time / once per week for 5 pts. :tongue:

Go sharks go - we have this :smokin:
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    OK. So can I put 5/7 days to my #4 and #5 good/bad habits for points please. Thanks!
  • fang19423
    Get them fins up because we are going to blow yall out the water....GO WOLVERINES!!!!!!

Faye - as a former shark - I am surprised at you :angry:

& Merrychrissmith ...... watch out :laugh:

Pam have a great holiday :happy:

Kristie - I have updated your #4 & #5 to 5 / 7 days

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    DOLPHINS will swim circles around the sharks!!! :bigsmile:

Go DOLPHINS!!! :drinker:

I was going to post cookie pics, but I just can't be that mean! :tongue: