Have a great Monday Dolphins! :)
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Popping in to say

yxzNcZJ.gif

ALL WOLVERINES ROCK!!!!!!!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    You guys are rocking the start to this week. Keep it up. Off to toss some smack at the wolverines. But was nice of Kelly to give us ladies some eye candy :love: :wink:

Remember we did not gain bad habits in one night. So we can't expect to lose them in one night either, One step one day at a time
    We will reach our goal.

Here is a breakdown on the Points - for easy reference as well as the requirements to achieve those points...
    Hope I have it all.

(1) Water: (5 points per day for 8 oz and above) (35 possible per week)
    (2) Sodium: (5 points per day for under 2500 mg) (35 possible per week)
    (3) Workouts: (5 points for every 30 min workout) (10 points max per day) (60 possible per week) (over 6 days only)
    (4) Bad Habit: (25 points IF you complete your goals for week)October 13th (Sunday)
    5) New Hobby: (25 points IF you complete all goals)
    (6) Positive Comment on Group page: (1 per day) (7 points per week)
    (7) Competitive/smack talk on other teams page (1 per week) (5 points)

Total possible points for entire week: 192

* If you do not complete the entire commitment you made for 4 and 5, you do not get the 25 points, instead you must deduct 10 points for both segments you did not complete for the week.

The points challenge starts today - October 14th and runs Monday to Sunday, unlike the main challenge which runs Sunday to Friday........

We must report the points weekly, each Monday for the previous week, so our first reporting of our full weeks points is Monday, October 21st....
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    For some reason I can't edit my previous post, but I understand that Sunday's points don't count.

I hope everyone is having a fun, productive and healthy Monday!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Go Dolphins! We are off to a great start for week 2!!! :drinker:
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Goooo Sharks! (that's the best trash talk I can come up with! lol)
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    290f84f292768932d07dd85af276fe80_zps964c325e.jpg

He's looking for food and he loves Dolphins! :)
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Dolphins...
    You are awesome! Four in the top ten for week one... woohoo!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    I think everything is entered to here... Please check!

My numbers...
    Sunday
    90 mins run/walk (primarily walk) 516 mins
    stretching 10 mins

Monday:
    Reps - 320 of various inc high knees, hip raises, dead lifts and more...
    Also 7 30 sec sprints....
    Stretching 10 mins
    Water = 8oz
    sodium 1155mg
    haven't really been on my phone as I've been busy cooking and sorting out the kitchen...
    I did make the most amazing mayonnaise though... Is it wrong to eat it off the spoon?!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I think everything is entered to here... Please check!

My numbers...
    Sunday
    90 mins run/walk (primarily walk) 516 mins
    stretching 10 mins

Monday:
    Reps - 320 of various inc high knees, hip raises, dead lifts and more...
    Also 7 30 sec sprints....
    Stretching 10 mins
    Water = 8oz
    sodium 1155mg
    haven't really been on my phone as I've been busy cooking and sorting out the kitchen...
    I did make the most amazing mayonnaise though... Is it wrong to eat it off the spoon?!

Water points are for 8/ 8oz glasses to equal 64 oz PER DAY correct?
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    Monday:
    run: 69 minutes, 789 calories
    reps: 100 jumping jacks, 60 sit ups
    I did stretching a little differently today, I did ten sessions of one minute. So I either did thirty seconds and then switched sides, or one whole minute on a stretch. It was nice. I should not have neglected to stretch post run though. I really have to work on that.
    I got my water in, 60 minute work out, I did not go on Reddit this morning (it always makes me late starting my day) and I'm crawling into bed ready to tackle way more than one chapter of reading.

I hope everyone else had a good day.
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Chomp, chomp, chomp...watch out for SHARKS! ;)
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    @Ashley - You can put your points down daily if it helps you track (except for the #4 & #5 since they are a whole week not a daily thing) - at the moment I don't have them being tracked on the chart until the end - so they won't be put up until Monday (next weeks chart) when everyone is supposed to post the whole week. I'm hoping it will work ok - I haven't done it this way before - but Its a full week being based in the points so I'm trying it out...

And Thanks So Much D and hypallage for your help!! This has been an insane 2 weeks for me with all these practices and how late I'm getting home at night so I'm SO appreciative for you help right now!! Our thing is Saturday and I do go out of town the following weekend cuz I NEED A BREAK!! But I believe I will have computer access and not a crazy schedule so I can be more "here"!! I Hate Not Being here!! You guys Keep Me Motivated!!

And lastly....I HOPE You'all Aren't Putting Up with all this Smack Talk without giving it back!! Time to show them WE Are The BEST Team!!! HA!! But yes D I agree....Appreciate the eye candy!! The Bear Was A Little Scary Though!! :noway:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Smack-Schmack! They are only words of encouragement to us DOLPHINS right??? Dolphins did you kick your OWN @SS today? Cuz if you didn't then our smack talking rivals are going to do it for us! We can't let that happen to us!! Be strong, Be tough!!
    Hey fellow MALE teammates how was your workout? Can't be quiet now, Let us know!

MONDAY:

1. 45 minutes of SPEED 2.0 with stretching & extra cardio movement for 613 calories!
    2. CORE REPS: 100 & CARDIO REPS: 150 (I did these with my 10 month old grandson in my backpack! WHEW!!
    3. 10 min of stretching
    4. VERY low sugar :drinker:
    5. strightened up house for more than 10 minutes after my son & his 2 sons left! another whew!!!
    I have fullfilled my other point obligations for the day!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Well gang I hope you are staying on your toes. I tried to put in as much as a real workout today as possible. I got 30 min done with the help of a pain pill but OUCH:noway: . Think I'm going to have to listen to the doctor. Or get stronger pain meds :sad:

Core work is totally out for me. The water no problem in the bag and the cardio reps well lots of boxing jabs for me this week. I will do my best to help out each week as much as I can.

Funny 580 days ago if this had happened I'd say goodie a reason to do nothing. Now I'm like :angry: :explode: :grumble: :noway: and hoping mad :devil: I can't fully do this.

I will post my states tomorrow other pain pill kicking in. Looking thru the wolverine post I think the dolphins fully showed up on the smack talk there. So the rest of you who haven't yet go get the others. Sharks are cocky and need taken down. Wish I knew how to post pictures.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    Just thought I would drop in to say hi to all my pals! Dolphins can get the job done BUT this time it's GECKOS TURN! Gooooo Geckos!
  • Justacoffeenut

And Thanks So Much D and hypallage for your help!! This has been an insane 2 weeks for me with all these practices and how late I'm getting home at night so I'm SO appreciative for you help right now!! Our thing is Saturday and I do go out of town the following weekend cuz I NEED A BREAK!! But I believe I will have computer access and not a crazy schedule so I can be more "here"!! I Hate Not Being here!! You guys Keep Me Motivated!!

And lastly....I HOPE You'all Aren't Putting Up with all this Smack Talk without giving it back!! Time to show them WE Are The BEST Team!!! HA!! But yes D I agree....Appreciate the eye candy!! The Bear Was A Little Scary Though!! :noway:

Thank Sheri but in honesty the chart is totally hypallage. With the stuff I'm on I don't want to mess it up. Thank you and her for all your hard work.

And yes leave it to Gillian to come up with that. She was the one who mixed the photo last time when the wolphine team was combined. :-) now THAT was scary :laugh:
  • Justacoffeenut
    REVISED

To fix the water Hope I have it all right now (sorry :blushing: )

(1) Water: (5 points per day for 8- 8 oz or 64 oz total and above) (35 possible per week)
    (2) Sodium: (5 points per day for under 2500 mg) (35 possible per week)
    (3) Workouts: (5 points for every 30 min workout) (10 points max per day) (60 possible per week) (over 6 days only)
    (4) Bad Habit: (25 points IF you complete your goals for week)October 13th (Sunday)
    5) New Hobby: (25 points IF you complete all goals)
    (6) Positive Comment on Group page: (1 per day) (7 points per week)
    (7) Competitive/smack talk on other teams page (1 per week) (5 points)

Total possible points for entire week: 192

* If you do not complete the entire commitment you made for 4 and 5, you do not get the 25 points, instead you must deduct 10 points for both segments you did not complete for the week.

The points challenge starts today - October 14th and runs Monday to Sunday, unlike the main challenge which runs Sunday to Friday........

We must report the points weekly, each Monday for the previous week, so our first reporting of our full weeks points is Monday, October 21st....
    [/quote]
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    AFirnCK.jpg
  • ibmgirl87
    ibmgirl87 Posts: 71 Member
    Sunday

Workout: 95 minutes combined running and walking... Started the couch to 5k so did Week 1 Day 1 and then just continued until I reached a total of 5 miles and burned a total of 675 calories

Reps: 0

Stretching: 10 minutes

Monday

Workout: 102 minutes combined running and walking... Tried to do Week 1 Day 2 of the program but halfway through I gave up on running and just kept walking for a total of 5 miles burning a total of 631 calories

Reps: 0

Stretching: 10 minutes

Bad Habit: was successful... Ate smaller portions of snacks throughout the day instead of indulging all at once

Hobby: read the next chapter in my book which took 25 minutes

Some helpful tips when dealing with water:
    Make sure you stay hydrated during your workouts, if you are dehydrated while working out, it can have a negative impact on your body
    Also, drinking cold water burns more calories than drinking warmer water, this is due to your body working harder to process the cold water therefore burning more calories
    So moral of the story: drink lots of cold water during your workout to stay hydrated and to burn more calories :)