Psuedo-Maintenance

I have been here just over a year and very pleased with the results.
I performed a couple of resets over the course of that time to make sure goals were correct and having quit smoking August 1st, introduced more gym work to keep weight gain down!!!!

Over the last 8 weeks I have stayed away from the scales and worked on consistency of diary plans and workouts in order to let measurements take care of it. I am not even hung-up that there are 4lbs to go as perfectly happy with the changes taking place to my body.

In fact, I am so happy with diary consistency that I have taken a breather from logging over the next 2 weeks to see if I can actually continue to do this without app support and accountability.

I still log my exercise and interact with my friend list and feel in Maintenance, even though not officially.
Scales are lying ba*****s anyway. LOL

Replies

• selmafeki
    selmafeki Posts: 48 Member
    Hiya Jim!

Sounds like you've got a bullet proof plan ahead of you! I cannot wait to see what your results will be like.
    Keep us updated ;)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Good luck.

As Spock would say - Data is your friend. Logging is not a crutch. It's a tool.
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    I did the same thing and ended up with my old eating habits keeping in. Now IM back to logging. I hope you can keep on it! It's very possible with a lot of control.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I've been on maintenance for over two years now and I still log. It's easy, it's habit and it takes very little time (like brushing teeth and showering) and it's so worth it to me. Most of what I eat on a regular basis is already on my frequent foods list.

Some people are able to maintain without tracking, but tracking works so well for me and it's so easy I'm just gonna stick with it. Good luck! :flowerforyou: