Looking for chicks who lift!

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member

Let's all lift together...there aren't enough of us doing it....all those ladies who are missing out on shapely bodies and are just running on treadmills don't know what they're missing! Remember building muscle increases the metabolic rate...you will need to eat more (of the right things) to feed your muscles!

This is so true, I have only seen 2 other girls in the weights area and they stuck to the machines. I'm the only one lifting free weights...well at the times I'm there anyway.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    < --Sees the title

<-- Thinks "aren't we all??"
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Been lifting for 21 months now...feel free to add me :)
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    I've been lifting for 15 yrs... I do need to attempt some cardio tho :) Feel free to add me!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Working through the stages of New Rules of Lifting for Women. I LOVE it! Strength 3-4 times a week and cardio on off days.
    I log everyday, definetely still a newbie with lifitng and feeding my body for lifting. But am loven it.

Add me if you like!!!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    I've been lifting forever - I love it!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    me too
    Please add me as well!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    I completed NROL4W in March and am now doing NROL Supercharged. Loved both programs :-) I plan on switching to as split routine after I finish Supercharged probably--but that won't until January or so.
  • cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Lady lifters please add me too! Always looking for more female lifters on my friends list :)
  • Started heavy lifting a few months ago. Unfortunately nursing a shoulder injury right now and haven't been able to but will start again as soon as I am ready to go! :)
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    been lifting for 5 months now :D getting good at it add me if you want
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    I lift heavy 4-5 days per week in addition to running and taking a cardio dance class twice per week. I've followed Stronglifts and New Rules of Weightlifing for Women, in addition to taking powerlifting classes for Crossfit. Feel free to add.. I love to mix up my routines.
  • I've been doing crossfit since May.. which is quite a bit of lifting :) It is AMAIZING how fast you can increase weights.. I can even do the max weight (305) on the 'girly' thigh machines at the gym just from doing squats, snatches, deadlifts, etc.. in crossfit :) I don't post on here too much but would love more friends!
  • Me too!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    I lift like a chick

Oh, was that the question.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    just gonna leave this here...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12919-girls-who-lift-the-guys-who-spot-them

enjoy!
    buncha badass chicks in there! (and here)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

Let's all lift together...there aren't enough of us doing it....all those ladies who are missing out on shapely bodies and are just running on treadmills don't know what they're missing! Remember building muscle increases the metabolic rate...you will need to eat more (of the right things) to feed your muscles!

This is so true, I have only seen 2 other girls in the weights area and they stuck to the machines. I'm the only one lifting free weights...well at the times I'm there anyway.

You guys go to strange gyms- there are at least 4 women who seriously lift- and then a handful of others who at least come into the free weight section of my gym... maybe that's just because the smith machines are over by the squat racks though LMAO.

I dunno- while there's no denying more men than women- I just never noticed "it's only ever men" and not enough women do it.

personally I'm okay with that- there are only 2 girls I like who lift- the rest are just dumba@@Es.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    I lift heavy objects and put them back down lol. But in all seriousness I lift three times a week, add me :)
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    I'm glad you discovered the secret to having a really sexy and strong body. :flowerforyou:
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    I lift...feel free to add me