offically reached the too skiny mark

Replies

• imakeyoukneel
    imakeyoukneel Posts: 278 Member
    lol huh
  • imakeyoukneel
    ok so guesstamatting isn't good but MFP says need 1300 cals a day how do I change it

On the home tab, click on Goals.

sweet thanks
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Eat less. There's no way you'll get to starvation mode and stop losing weight on 2500 cals a day ....

:laugh:
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    I'm baffled as to what the joke is, if there is one...

You are 5'7" and 117? I don't think so.

I have an autoimmune disorder and my body attacks my intestines. Sometimes I lose a lot of weight fast. But at 5'4" I got to 115 once and was weak & sickly. With absolutely no visible fat under my skin. If the profile pic is recent, you look to be of healthy weight and at your height, that's not 117.

If this is not a joke, go to a doctor. If you are eating 2500 cals a day and female, you should not be losing weight if already underweight.
  • imakeyoukneel
    it says 1880 now I suppose that will work
  • imakeyoukneel
    shrug that is what the scale says I have always been on the slight side
  • lizsmith1976
    "Average" weight for a 5'7" female is 123 - 163. Unless you have absolutely no muscle, which is good that you are addressing through strength training, then 117 is probably an unhealthy weight.

Are you really asking for advice? Go to a doctor if all of that is true.
  • imakeyoukneel
    sorry but why are you being snippy? it was a real question no need to be rude
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Eat less. There's no way you'll get to starvation mode and stop losing weight on 2500 cals a day ....

:huh: Sacrcasm? I hope maybe lol
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Im 5'7" and I weighed 110-120 up until I was about 20...I was very underweight but that was my genetic make up..as a women my "thin" weight is more like 145....you may have a hyperthyroid?
  • lizsmith1976
    I aplogize!

I understand what it's like to lose weight for an unexplained reason and feel sick about it and want to stop it.

I mistakenly assumed that this was some sort of joke because I have read too much crap on the forums...

There really are a lot of medical reasons, things that could have to do with intestinal issues or food sensitivities, hormone imbalances, even diabetes... I think a good first step would be logging your food for a couple of months to be absolutely certain how much you are eating. I understand not having insurance, but at some point and with all of the information I would try and emergency room or some sort of option to speak to a medical professional. At least maybe a nutritionist? You said you have a trainer, they can probably point you in the right direction.

Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • imakeyoukneel
    I took that when I first joined the site so that was 23 pounds ago. I think you are all right doc might be in order it will really be expensive though if they have to run tests I might have to pick between eating or the doctor
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member

I have an autoimmune disorder and my body attacks my intestines. Sometimes I lose a lot of weight fast. But at 5'4" I got to 115 once and was weak & sickly. With absolutely no visible fat under my skin. If the profile pic is recent, you look to be of healthy weight and at your height, that's not 117.

If this is not a joke, go to a doctor. If you are eating 2500 cals a day and female, you should not be losing weight if already underweight.

What a bunch of bull. My wife is 5'4 and 113lbs, and is in extrememly good shape, with plenty of muscle, and still visible fat under the skin, all while eating over 2000 calories a day.. Everyone's bodies aren't the same, and you should stop giving advice until you can figure that out.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    I took that when I first joined the site so that was 23 pounds ago. I think you are all right doc might be in order it will really be expensive though if they have to run tests I might have to pick between eating or the doctor

I would log first and make sure you are eating what you think you are. If you are eating that much and still losing, I would take that log to the doctor and address it with them. You can just go see them and refuse the testing if you cannot afford it. Logging first gives both you and them information though. :)
  • Spiritrose
    Spiritrose Posts: 7 Member
    Check your macronutrients too. Are you eating enough protein for the amount of weight training you're doing? Are you eating enough carbs to fuel your muscles before your cardio? Are you taking in good recovery snacks?

I think first step is to log your nutrition for at least a week (the doctor or nutritionist will tell you to do that anyway, so might as well be prepared) and see how many calories you're really taking in as well as where they're coming from.

p.s. I'm 5'7" and I get pretty low on the scale too when I train hard all the time: around 118 lbs. You must feel exhausted. Sometimes its hard to eat enough. You just need to be mindful of the quality of foods you consume. Make them high cal & nutrient dense.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Yeah log first I would say
  • lizsmith1976
    [/quote]

What a bunch of bull. My wife is 5'4 and 113lbs, and is in extrememly good shape, with plenty of muscle, and still visible fat under the skin, all while eating over 2000 calories a day.. Everyone's bodies aren't the same, and you should stop giving advice until you can figure that out.
    [/quote]

Rude much? I did give advice. "Go to a doctor"
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    ok so guesstamatting isn't good but MFP says need 1300 cals a day how do I change it

Data is a wonderful thing. It makes some of us fat, and in your case, too skinny.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member

[/quote]

Rude much? I did give advice. "Go to a doctor"
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    So you call somebody a liar, because of your own personal experience, and I'm the rude one? Good one.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member

I have an autoimmune disorder and my body attacks my intestines. Sometimes I lose a lot of weight fast. But at 5'4" I got to 115 once and was weak & sickly. With absolutely no visible fat under my skin.
    If the profile pic is recent, you look to be of healthy weight and at your height, that's not 117.

maybe she has a smaller frame than you (i.e. narrower shoulders, ribcage, etc) - frame size doesn't always correlate with height. Smaller framed people will be lighter at the same height and same body fat percentage as larger framed people.