Treats and weight gain!?

Hi everyone, just wanted to know about your treat meal/days and weight gain
I've been looking on the forums and I've been told as long as you stay under your calorie range, you won't gain weight
On that note, I've been eating healthy and dieting for 3 months with no treats and I'm going crazy (always thinking of food ect) and I know it's because I've deprived myself so much
And what I really want is liquorice bullets, and I want the bag. The whole bag. But that's 700 - 800 calories but it's my treat meal right? I've read people consuming loads more
I really want this, so do I lower the amount I eat for lunch and dinner so I don't exceed my calorie amount?
Will I wake up the next day with a layer of fat on my stomach? The reason I haven't treated myself is because I'm scared one treat will undo all this work, I'm paranoid about it
Even if I do not consume the whole bag, how much damage will it do?
Please help! What do you eat, how often and do you gain weight? xx

Replies

• JamiesMummyX
    JamiesMummyX Posts: 37 Member
    You'd have to eat 3500 calories of them to put on a lb. Enjoy your sweets.

Or you can do a bit more exercise to put your mind at ease, but you'll be fine!
  • As long as you're within your target, you wont gain weight. If you know you go crazy if you deprive yourself why do it? Have some of your sweets if you want to, just make sure they fit into your daily calories.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    I like those too, haha. Had some in front of Survivor tonight. They will not add a layer of fat overnight, thank goodness, even if you eat the whole bag. But how about a compromise? It's going to be awfully tough to still be at a calorie deficit, get your macros/micros and fiber in and spend that many calories on a treat, so rather than eat the whole big bag once in a while, portion it into small bags and have it EVERDAY.:drinker: in moderation, after fitting in the other stuff. Here's an excellent example of fitting it in...giggity.:bigsmile: No worries, no guilt, no deprivation. I eat ice cream every day and have lost 121lbs in 15 months.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    You don't lose weight over night, so you won't gain it over night.. but why the whole bag? You have not even started eating them yet, try practice portion control with sweets and let yourself have a little treat whenever you feel you need it :) Enjoy~
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You don't lose weight over night, so you won't gain it over night.. but why the whole bag? You have not even started eating them yet, try practice portion control with sweets and let yourself have a little treat whenever you feel you need it :) Enjoy~

this!
  • elsdonward
    elsdonward Posts: 81 Member
    Liquorice is actually good for you. How about you buy the bag - then split it into four. Eat one quarter every other day. If you eat it every day in your current state you could blow your motivation.

It does not matter about the calories - as long as you are under your calorie level you will be fine.

Stop obsessing and face down the liquorice demon right now!!
  • Haha yes Thankyou I'll do that!!
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    You'd have to eat 3500 calories of them to put on a lb. Enjoy your sweets.

Or you can do a bit more exercise to put your mind at ease, but you'll be fine!

this.
    1 "cheat " day won't do any damage and do so goodfor your "mental" state.
    So yeah ENJOY your sweets.
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    I like those too, haha. Had some in front of Survivor tonight. They will not add a layer of fat overnight, thank goodness, even if you eat the whole bag. But how about a compromise? It's going to be awfully tough to still be at a calorie deficit, get your macros/micros and fiber in and spend that many calories on a treat, so rather than eat the whole big bag once in a while, portion it into small bags and have it EVERDAY.:drinker: in moderation, after fitting in the other stuff. Here's an excellent example of fitting it in...giggity.:bigsmile: No worries, no guilt, no deprivation. I eat ice cream every day and have lost 121lbs in 15 months.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity

this too.
    Make some room for it... EVERYDAY.
    I know because that is what i do.
    I usually have chocolate almost everyday but in a small portion.
  • gk03ub
    gk03ub Posts: 99 Member
    ENJOY. I do this at least once a week - it keeps me sane and does no harm. If you go over your calories once in a while it will not hinder your weight loss goals.
  • I eat "treats" all the time...daily even...and find it helps keep me on track. I'll eat a small portion and not feel the need to go back for more because there is always tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. It's not my last sweet treat, it's just one of many.

I should also mention I despise icing and pie crust so my "treats" may be lower cal than most.