proud of ME!

PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
Well, this is totally a 'me' post but I'm just feeling so proud and energized today and I have to let it out!! Maybe it will inspire someone :tongue:

So, I'm 5.5 weeks in to this wonderful new lifestyle. I'm down 17lbs and several inches which is GREAT!!

I had a nice moment this evening right before going out to the store quickly: I was giving my hubby a hug and his arms reached right around my sides. I noticed because, well, I'm not used to feeling hands there!! So that was probably the best measurement yet. A tighter hug from my husband :heart:

Yesterday I made a goal to have a couple of nutritional superstar days each week. I'm usually quite good each day (about 100 cals go to a treat like a healthy choice pudding cup) and today I did it!! I haven't been able to let go of some sense of a "treat" each day yet, and today was the day. I just feel on top of the world and so balanced and in control of my nutrition - not a slave to emotional habits as I was 6 weeks ago.

I feel so healthy, so good, so happy, so proud, so confident, so athletic... YAY MFP for giving me such great tools and community support!!

We can ALL do this thang :wink:

Replies

• PedalHound
    Well, this is totally a 'me' post but I'm just feeling so proud and energized today and I have to let it out!! Maybe it will inspire someone :tongue:

So, I'm 5.5 weeks in to this wonderful new lifestyle. I'm down 17lbs and several inches which is GREAT!!

I had a nice moment this evening right before going out to the store quickly: I was giving my hubby a hug and his arms reached right around my sides. I noticed because, well, I'm not used to feeling hands there!! So that was probably the best measurement yet. A tighter hug from my husband :heart:

Yesterday I made a goal to have a couple of nutritional superstar days each week. I'm usually quite good each day (about 100 cals go to a treat like a healthy choice pudding cup) and today I did it!! I haven't been able to let go of some sense of a "treat" each day yet, and today was the day. I just feel on top of the world and so balanced and in control of my nutrition - not a slave to emotional habits as I was 6 weeks ago.

I feel so healthy, so good, so happy, so proud, so confident, so athletic... YAY MFP for giving me such great tools and community support!!

• alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    YOU ROCK! There is no better feeling then to think of yourself first for a change and be proud of YOU.

Keep up the great work....we are all proud of you too!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Ali
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    awesome! thank you for sharing your "moment"! it certainly helps someone like me, who is new at this, to hear your success and enthusiasm. i'm so excited for the next month :smile:
  • jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    AMAZING. WELL DONE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    GreatJob.gif
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    great job.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Fantastic! :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing your success!
  • melgirl1120
    melgirl1120 Posts: 51 Member
    Thats Awesome
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! :flowerforyou:
    I :heart: reading success stories!!
    eep up the Great work!!:drinker:
  • GOOD FOR YOU!!! Congrats on overcoming emo eating...I haven't been able to control that demon yet!!! You are an inspiration.....keep up the positive attitude and hard work! :bigsmile:
  • glovely77
    glovely77 Posts: 4
    I am so happy for u, I cant wait to be there. Keep up the great work!
  • PedalHound
    Thanks so much everyone :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I love feeling this happy and good about myself - it's a nice change of pace! :happy:

• I had a nice moment this evening right before going out to the store quickly: I was giving my hubby a hug and his arms reached right around my sides. I noticed because, well, I'm not used to feeling hands there!! So that was probably the best measurement yet. A tighter hug from my husband :heart:

I have to say that it is moments like those, that are intimate in so many ways that until we feel them, we almost forgot they existed and they give us a new found strength to keep going!!!! Thank you for sharing, I needed that reason to smile today!

Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!