Weight lifting - love at first sight or took some time?

2»

Replies

• haunstar
    haunstar Posts: 40 Member
    Took some time. But now I love it!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Love love LOVE at first sight!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I loved it instantly. But I also loved running instantly, too. And my husband. When I :heart: something, it just clicks for me. I either love it all the way, right away, or I'm just not interested! I don't waste my time with stuff that doesn't do it for me...but that's just my personality. I think a lot of people can learn to love things once they get used to them. :flowerforyou:
  • thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Loved it. I'd much prefer to do weights than cardio.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    loved loved loved it! I get bored with cardio but I love the challenge of lifting!
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    loved loved loved it! I get bored with cardio but I love the challenge of lifting!

Exactly :heart:
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I hate it too.
  • Always did cardio and seated weight machines, and was never enthusiastic about hitting the gym. That is until I met the free weight. That was love at first sight.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    I loved it.

But then I love all exercise, so that's not saying much.

But I do love it even more than other exercise, so there's that!
  • I wouldn't say so much that I hated it at first as I... felt so, so awkward and out of place (never really athletic in my life). I had an experienced weightlifting (male) friend show me a few lifts in a fire department's gym, so I was probably traumatized. Eventually (a month later I came around) I started loving that "hit by a train" feeling all over, being able to eat more, abs showing through, and proudly (figuratively) bursting the seams of my skinny jeans with my mega-quads/butt I can say I earned :-).
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    I loved it
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    I was in love right from the start! Still am :)
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 539 Member
    I loved it immediately! I did notice that after a few weeks I wasn't getting as sore afterwards though, so that will probably help you!
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    I spent my lunch hour reading about lifting. I want to start. I have no idea what to do or what proper technique is. I have free weights at home. I think I will You Tube some videos and try to figure something out to do tonight.
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Love...very new to it, just this year...would much rather do weights than cardio, but i do both!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    I fell for it the way that I've always fallen for a guy: a mixture of confusion and intrigue at first, but then once I found my way around there was no going back.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    I hated it the first time - but started loving it more and more every time after that. I do mostly cardio now but still do some weights after every workout even though I am restricted due to a back injury.
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Love at first rep... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Picked up my first weight in the 80s. When I have been consistent the results are great. I turned 60 yesterday & I feel great. I look forward to lifting. Having MFP pals who are interested helps.

Yes, I include cardio so I work on heart health too, even though I dislike it. Having DVRed TV shows helps getting the cardio part done.

When I was younger I could keep in shape with strength training by itself. No longer, have to have both.