Mom's Before & After Pics

Replies

• MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    For you momma's that have reached goal or are close. Did you eat back your exercise calories?? That who concept still confuses me.

You will get different answers to this but I am 5ish lbs from goal (with 3 kids -7, 5 & 13 months) and I usually do NOT eat exercise cals, only if I feel extra hungry, doesn't happen very often. I have lost 46 lbs since the end of Jan 2013. My cal goal is 1760 I eat between 1600 & 1700 and ignore exercise cals (bonus, in my opinion) That is just what has worked for me. Good luck to ya!
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    There are some really amazing and inspiring women in this thread. Thank you for sharing!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    For you momma's that have reached goal or are close. Did you eat back your exercise calories?? That who concept still confuses me.

I do. There are several ways to go about it and everybody has to find what works for them.

There is the TDEE - % method : you don't log exercise with this method since it is already accounted for when you calculated your TDEE.

There is the MFP method: Estimated daily calorie burn without exercise - deficit = goal without exercise.....with this method it is generally recommended that you eat your exercise calories back.

In a way I follow the MFP method, but I have a custom calorie goal that is set to a 379 calorie deficit. Then when I log exercise, I only log a portion of the calories from my HRM. Which makes my deficit a bit bigger on days I work out. I lost 52.4lbs in 7 months following this method. (more specific details can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1100730-191-days-of-mfp-47-8lbs-lost-35-2lbs-to-go?hl=191+days#posts-16987716) Granted I still have about 30lbs to lose till I'm at my goal weight, but that could easily change as I get closer. My ultimate goal is around 20% BF regardless of what the scale says. My calories end up being between 1500 (lazy day) and 2000+ (active day).
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member

I never have and never will. I started out seeing a weight loss doctor and he told me not to, so I listened, it worked for me.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    wow, some seriously impressive mommas in here!

Great job! My wee boy is about to turn one and I'm just about back to where I was before he was born :)
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    You all that have posted look absolutely fantastic. Congrats on ALL of your weight losses!!!! :flowerforyou:

And of course bump for inspiration.
  • BetterMe83
    BetterMe83 Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks for the S/O Shay :smile: And yes I am loving MFP thus far. Dont have a lot of friends yet but the encouragment from those limited few mean alot. Cant wait to post my before & after pics too but until then "LETS WORK"!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    ce3f16c2-dc79-49cc-a51a-dc944fe9b958_zpsa47fbe22.jpg

e7835fd3-bc1e-48b6-b015-8e0ef944c7f6_zpsdb059663.jpg

Ht: 5'3
    Highest wt: 247
    Currently: 179

Granted I'm years past post-baby but I've finally made my health & fitness a priority.
    The weight I've lost so far was all the old fashioned way of calorie counting and exercise. Consistency and patience are a huge part of my progress. I still have a good 30-40 to go.
    :smile:

21525558.png
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member

Yes, about 50-75% of them.
    Later ended up just following the TDEE-20% method, which for me was still basically the same amount of calories.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    For more inspirational moms, see this thread that's been making the rounds today!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1122571-hot-moms
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    ce3f16c2-dc79-49cc-a51a-dc944fe9b958_zpsa47fbe22.jpg

e7835fd3-bc1e-48b6-b015-8e0ef944c7f6_zpsdb059663.jpg

Ht: 5'3
    Highest wt: 247
    Currently: 179

Granted I'm years past post-baby but I've finally made my health & fitness a priority.
    The weight I've lost so far was all the old fashioned way of calorie counting and exercise. Consistency and patience are a huge part of my progress. I still have a good 30-40 to go.
    :smile:

21525558.png

You look amazing! Congrats. :)
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Wow, you look amazing. I hope I reach my goal too :)
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    I have 4 kids, their ages range between 23 through 16, I just began my weight loss journey at the end of august 2012, I had been heavy since i had my first daughter, 23 years ago, But the pounds just kept packing on! My kids grew up with a fat mom, after my first grandson was born, it really began to bother me, here i had this beautiful grandson that i never felt like doing anything with, then i looked back at my kids growing up, and there is so much i missed, I was either tired..or felt sick, to be very honest suicide crossed my mind several times a day, I began trying every diet i could find, spending hundreds of dollars, i was lost, my daughter also began putting on lbs after her son and she was miserable, she along with me was spending money, trying to find the miracle pill.. one day she took to the internet and she came across MFP and began researching about eating lowering calories..she began and was excited, so i joined knowing I'd be on it a week then drop off..but nope, i have lost 90something lbs from being here..This place changed my life, and with the support of my children and my grandsons, i keep fighting the good fight....When i feel like i can't lose another lb, i look at my old photos and i remember how horrible i felt being so heavy, I'm not done yet, but i give myself breaks and allow myself a treat once in awhile, and i know ill get to my goal weight! Good luck to you...Remember this isn't easy..but its easier when you have support from others that have been there!

headshot_zpsf3b51b28.jpg

1380659_10151704075236819_676592735_n_zpsd5aed982.jpg

34864c62-349b-4386-b9c5-1e7ee47472fe_zps0670e6c0.jpg

a4326966-f1f6-4e73-974d-8563e66414ae_zpsb4506797.jpg

SPEECHLESS!!!! you look so great!!! way to go!!!
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    You all have done such a great job!!! i dont know how to put pics on here, but they are on my profile! :)
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    All of you look great, and are very inspiring!! I'm a new momma as well and am looking to shed the rest of this baby weight! Thanks for putting this out there. I definitely needed some motivation! :smile:
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    I'm the mommy of a 4 yr old boy and 2 yr old girl and I work full time. From Nov 2008 to Jan 2013 I was either pregnant, breastfeeding or both. I decided 2013 when I finally weaned my daughter and had my body completely back to myself I needed to change the way I was eating and start exercising. I started slow, using MFP to keep track of my eating and dancing using Just Dance on my Wii. Then I did 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels then got a heart rate monitor and completed Insanity (borrowed from a friend). Then I got a gym membership and started weight lifting in July, I still do some cardio though like running and HIIT 2 days a week. You can see my before and during pic on my profile pic. I have another 25-30lbs I want to lose.
  • Koesteriche1
    Koesteriche1 Posts: 1 Member
    all these stories are inspiring!
  • LadyDeadlift
    LadyDeadlift Posts: 136 Member

I used a lot of Jillian Michaels DVDs post partum, but her moves are rough on your knees, so watch out.

THIS. I wanted to love JM, but yikes! My knees couldn't take it. I use the Nerd Fitness body weight workouts and love them.
  • jauld123
    jauld123 Posts: 2 Member
    These are some great motivational stories. Great job to all of you who have reached your goal, and to those working towards it. :smile:
  • lynnkieu
    lynnkieu Posts: 67 Member
    After 2 kids and not taking very good care of myself. Highest non pregnancy weight: 206. I am 5'4.
    hn27buR.jpg
    glkjclV.jpg

Now I run a lot and count my calories.
    TyKSUUw.jpg?1

This is me holding 40 lbs of potatoes, because that is how much weight I've lost. Glad to get it off my body but still have more work to do. :)
    hJJx1nQ.jpg?1

H04rVrC.jpg?1
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!