Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Sophie's Choice, Jaws, The Omen
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    American History X
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Gremlins...ugh...
    And don't laugh, but Beetlejuice still freaks me out to this day. I was 3 when it came out and I watched it with my much-older brother. I think he was 12. Something about the bad graphics and it being a Tim Burton film in the first place probably didn't help much.
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Not a big fan of horror movies! i do like to sleep at night! LOL one movie that still haunts me is HOSTEL! UGH i saw one part of it and i turned it off...its scary cause there is really crazy, sick a** people out there!!!
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    The Thing....
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Clockwork Orange ruined Beethoven's ninth symphony for me. haha

Jaws- as a kid i thought a shark would pop out of the toilet and bite me.
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    I don't know, I think I'm totally film desensitised :/

I guess anything which shows/ suggests harm to a child upsets me awfully. Id like to give an example but I think I've blocked any reference out...
  • bbzgrl110
    bbzgrl110 Posts: 45 Member
    Nightmare on Elm Street - the only movie I have ever watched where I had dreams about it that were so real, when I woke up it felt like I had been grabbed by him, my ribs actually hurt. freaked me out to no end!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Trainspotting...without a doubt.:sick:
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Clockwork Orange
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Suicide Club
    Yet another ultra-twisted product from Japan
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    I love these types of movies but
    Timber falls, the unborn, and I spit on ur grave are just disturbing to me, I cant enjoy watching them.

Oh and I had no idea what the conjuring was and my lil siblings asked me to take them to see it, they were so scared and wouldn't sleep with the lights off, my bad :ohwell:
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    twilight D:

LMAO
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    The Crawling Eye. Made in 1959. Terrified me. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6OBnckcu0c

I know how lame the special effects are, but in 1959 it was terrifying.

Note; I found it in DVD about 10 years ago. $2.00. Still haven't watched it, though. No one will sit down and watch it with me in my family.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    The first Paranormal Activity

(I couldnt leave a limb outside the sheets for months, or sleep with the TV off)

This and Stephen King's short story The Raft...*shudders*
  • I have a love/hate relationship with scary movies

Anything with demons and possession! I usually watch those movies with knees to chest, shallow breathing, feeling like a heart attack is coming on and squinted eyes. I also acquire super human skills from watching these movies. EX: Running fast down the hallway after turning the lights off, hearing a strange noise behind me and automatically get into fighting stance, literally jumping into the seat of my car so my ankles don't get slashed.

Basically it's self inflicted torture.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Tiger Bay - I was 8. My mother thought it would like a documentary about Cardiff docklands. I'm not sure which was worse - when they found the arm in the tar-barrel or child-star Hayley Mills
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Gremlins...ugh...
    And don't laugh, but Beetlejuice still freaks me out to this day. I was 3 when it came out and I watched it with my much-older brother. I think he was 12. Something about the bad graphics and it being a Tim Burton film in the first place probably didn't help much.

i saw that movie in the theaters approx 30 times in one month (weekends there was a dollar theater that was playing it and would sometimes see it three times a day)

i should also add that i freaked out as a little kid during the opening scene of Friday the 13th II, so bad we had to leave the theater and call home to have my dad come pick me and my two older siblings up. this was back in the day before even zack cellphones and he literally drove 45 minutes from his house to the theater to drop us off.

on the plus side i did get a awesome lego space station set from Gee Bee's to try to calm me down
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Chuckie, that little boy doll/monster *shudders*

Oh, thank god I'm not alone in this...

I saw a portion of it by accident when I was about 5 or 6...and that night I threw out all my dolls. To this day, I cannot stand any horror movie that has moving dolls or toys in it. My kids also have non-realistic dolls as I won't allow real-looking dolls in my house.

What's funny is that Chuckie freaks me the hell out, but movies like The Human Centipede and 28 Days Later barely raise my heart rate...I'm just a bit odd, I guess.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    I happen to be a fan of the horror genre and have seen more than my fair share. To date some of the more disturbing movies I have seen (which may or may not qualify as horror) just made me uncomfortable:

Eraserhead – This was the second David Lynch film I ever saw. The first being Blue Velvet which was also really messed up. But I was in late teens and early twenties and was in my “artsy” movie phase.

Videodrome – saw it a LONG time ago, and rewatched a few years ago. Cronenberg is the king of the bodymod horror.

Oldboy – made me feel like I was punched in the gut

Funny Games – as someone who actually likes horror movies, this movie just holds a mirror up to the audience to ask who really is the depraved one.
    ABC’s of Death – not really scary just messed up, I personally felt uncomfortable watching this.

NOTABLE Films I have chosen to skip

Canibal Holocost – I have read enough, I don’t need to see it.

Human Centipede – Had my reservations and passed; but curiosity got the best of my sister and she let me know that I really don’t need to see it. I’m okay with that decision.

A SERBIAN FILM – this is the mother of all movies that I never want to see. I came across the following quote from a reviewer and just said NOPE: “Tim Anderson of horror review site Bloody Disgusting attempted to dissuade anyone reading his review from ever seeing it, writing: "If what I have written here is enough to turn your feelings of wonder into a burning desire to watch this monstrosity, then perhaps I haven't been clear enough. You don't want to see Serbian Film. You just think you do."