Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge check-in January 2

Happy New Year! It's time to get a move on with our fitness goals and make something extrordinary happen for ourselves in this new year. Let's do it together!!!

I finally got home after midnight last night so obviously didn't do much else than sit in the car for a zillion hours yesterday. I have LOTS of unpacking and cleaning up for the holidays to do but I also have some catching up from my tivo so I'll plan to get some riding in today.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
I'm so glad to be home with all of you!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Happy New Year! It's time to get a move on with our fitness goals and make something extrordinary happen for ourselves in this new year. Let's do it together!!!

I finally got home after midnight last night so obviously didn't do much else than sit in the car for a zillion hours yesterday. I have LOTS of unpacking and cleaning up for the holidays to do but I also have some catching up from my tivo so I'll plan to get some riding in today.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    I'm so glad to be home with all of you!
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Welcome back! I'm missed mfp as well, but some days I think think I could live without email.

Yesterday was a 5 mile uphill walk. The allergies are really bad here, and I'm having trouble motivating myself to lift weights or go to yoga.

Saw the "biggest loser" for the first time on vacation (at the gym!). I'm not sure how I feel about that show. While addicting - I want to find out what happens - I have problems with people losing so much weight over so little time. I guess "healthy eating, losing weight slowly with long term plans, and a change in lifestyle" just don't make the ratings.

Still reading "Mindless Eating" - it's wonderful.

New goal is yoga twice a week. This is an old goal that wasn't achieved. Will try again this time.

Best of luck to everyone in the new year!

Mary
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    It has been snowing here in upstate New York since 9:30 am yesterday so shoveling will be included in my calories burned today....about an hour's worth. I also did Hip Hop Abs Cardio & 20 minute Pilates.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Got up early today and did a core workout dvd followed by 30 mins on the elliptical trainer had to turn the intensity down by 1/2 my legs are killing me think I did too much on Monday when I increased the intensity by 1 and added 10 mins.

Just got back from walking the dogs for 45mins against the wind.

Gonna have a cup of coffee now and play with the kids.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    :smile: i woke up this morning mopped my floors and then decided to go to the Y so i went now i feel better..
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Went to the gym with my husband.
    30 min treadmill 12 incline at 3.5
    30 min on bike level 8
    No weights today. Had to get home to the kids
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Welcome back! I'm missed mfp as well, but some days I think think I could live without email.

Yesterday was a 5 mile uphill walk. The allergies are really bad here, and I'm having trouble motivating myself to lift weights or go to yoga.

Saw the "biggest loser" for the first time on vacation (at the gym!). I'm not sure how I feel about that show. While addicting - I want to find out what happens - I have problems with people losing so much weight over so little time. I guess "healthy eating, losing weight slowly with long term plans, and a change in lifestyle" just don't make the ratings.

Still reading "Mindless Eating" - it's wonderful.

New goal is yoga twice a week. This is an old goal that wasn't achieved. Will try again this time.

Best of luck to everyone in the new year!

Mary

Yeah, Mary, but remember, working out and dieting is all they do 24/7, with personal trainers! We could all do that if given the opportunity. :laugh: But I'll stick to my 30 min routine with my resistance work and pick away at my 27 lbs to go! :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Ugh . . . sick again (still?)

Got in a 30 minute weight workout
    then tried a walk, but only managed 20 minutes before the dizzies took over.

:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Does stripping chains off a school bus count? I did that at 7 am half in a snowbank. But thats about all I got done all day. It really hasn't been a good day.