What's your favorite movie quote?

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    "The next time we see sky it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the bestest stuff for us. But right now they gotta do what's right for them, 'cause it's their time. Their time, up there. Down here it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up 'Troy's bucket'. "

-Mikey Walsh "The Goonies"
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    "I'll be your huckleberry"! Doc Holiday from Tombstone.

Love this one! Classic!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Dawn of the Dead-CJ:"The plan is you drink a nice tall glass of shut the *kitten* up!"
  • "When I see a man naked chasing a woman down the street with a knife, I figure he ain't collecting for the red cross"
    Dirty Harry
  • ndetmer
    ndetmer Posts: 18 Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly
  • From 300!

King Leonidas: [turns back shouting] Spartans! What is your profession?

Spartans: WAR! WAR! WAR!

King Leonidas: [turning to Daxos] You see, old friend? I brought more soldiers than you did.
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    This is mine!!!!!

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you".
    Taken. (It's so badass!)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    "They want you to say grace.
    Grace? She died 30 years ago.
    THE BLESSING !"

-National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    "We all float down here, Georgie." - IT

"Sometimes you've just got to say 'What the *kitten*.'" - Risky Business

"The law says that you cannot touch...but I see a lot of lawbreakers in this house tonight!" - Magic Mike
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    My favorite movie is Into the Wild. Pretty much every line is my favorite quote, but I especially like this one:

Christopher McCandless: "...And I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once. To find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions. Facing the blind death stone alone, with nothing to help you but your hands and your own head."

My second favorite movie is Garden State. Also, super quotable movie, but I like this quote:

Andrew Largeman: "You know that point in your life when you realize the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of a sudden even though you have some place where you put your ****, that idea of home is gone."
    Sam: "I still feel at home in my house. "
    Andrew Largeman: "You'll see one day when you move out it just sort of happens one day and it's gone. You feel like you can never get it back. It's like you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist. Maybe it's like this rite of passage, you know. You won't ever have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for your kids, for the family you start, it's like a cycle or something. I don't know, but I miss the idea of it, you know. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people that miss the same imaginary place."
    Sam: [cuddles up to Andrew] "Maybe."
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Okay, here's the shot out of the cannon: Oprah, Barbara Walters, your wife. You gotta fuk one, marry one, kill one, go!
    -Dale from Step Brothers, during a job interview
  • Kkonowal
    Kkonowal Posts: 97 Member
    "AK 47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf***er in the room, accept no substitutes"
    -samuel l jackson in Jackie Brown
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    "My ex-girlfriend is dating a pot dealer and making a stupid mistake. Apparently she wants to be a little b***h and blow everybody, but hey, you know, that's her journey. I gotta respect that."

-Paul Rudd "The 40-Year-Old Virgin"

Love it! Lol.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

Brando in On the waterfront
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    I need the toilet, I need the toilet. [sits in sink] Look away, LOOK AWAY! It's coming out of me like HOT LAVA!
    - Megan, Bridesmaids
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Nobody puts baby in the corner
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    I have sooooooooo many movie quotes that i absolutely love. However, the first to come to mind when asked this question is from Moulan Rouge... and it's: "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return", so i guess that's the favorite one if it's the first i could think of haha.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    So many, but I will go with the one that I say most often:

"Here's a nice piece of *kitten*!" Adam Sandler in Billy Madison
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life. [With his dying breath] Perfect... They are all... perfect..."

I love this movie and always will.

The Last Samurai